Wow lost 8.5 lbs first week of eating clean

Options
PRmomof3
PRmomof3 Posts: 5 Member
Ok so I know that alot of is probably water since my water consumption is up but it's amazing what taking processed crap out of your diet can do for you, I'm feeling so much better too.

Replies

• carabiebernoyes
    carabiebernoyes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Keep it up!
  • CombatGirl93
    CombatGirl93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yessss!! x Good work, keep it up! You just doing it for january or for the forseeable future?
  • FoxyBaha
    FoxyBaha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Before I started eating clean, I didn't realize how much junk is in the grocery stores. It was all food to me. Now I enjoy the colors on my plate from the natural foods I choose. Keep it up, you're going to feel even better. You can't beat that for motivation!
  • PRmomof3
    PRmomof3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    CombatGirl93 I am going to try it more as a lifestyle, with that in mind I am wanting to live 90% clean with 10% for the occasional not clean (ie if I want to have a drink or if I want to go for ice cream with the kids)
  • GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    The more I hear about clean eating the more I realize that I need to get onboard. I just started a meat fast (21 days) and came here looking for recipes, haven't found any yet but now my focus to different. I'm going to learn more about clean eating.
    does anyone track their meals on mfp that who be willing to let me see what they are eating or have a recipe they love?
    Do clean eaters only eat orgainic? I do smoothies but I don't use all organic veggies. Cost is a factor, but I am willing to start cutting coupons again and making the changes, just want to be sure its something I can live with and not burn out by being extreme.
    @MomofEmAly I like your approach. :)
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @MomofEmAly
    Congratulations on your success. It is amazing how much better you feel when you eat clean.

@GMgetsfit
    That is a hard question. That is something you will have to decide for yourself. There are a lot of opinions out there. I would suggest buying what your budget allows. Wash it before preparing it. I try to buy organic but sometimes there are sales that I just can not pass up. To me the organic just tastes better. That might be my imagination.

Ask Well: Washing Off the Pesticides
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/17/ask-well-washing-off-the-pesticides/?_r=0

What You Should Do
    First, keep eating lots of fruits and veggies. The health benefits of eating them (any kind) are well established, and massively outweigh any risk from pesticide residues (organic or otherwise).
    http://vitals.lifehacker.com/why-you-shouldnt-buy-organic-based-on-the-dirty-dozen-1689190822

This photo is of the 2016 Dirty Dozen / Clean 15 lists in case you are interested:

5l7g6l6kkp5t.png

• GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @NameItNClaimIt Thanks so much. the dirty dozen is quite a surprise, I'll start cutting back on these store bought items and think about organic only , learning more everyday, I'll get busy researching for answers to the many questions I now have. making a list and checking it daily so I can work this plan into my lifestyle
    God bless to you
    Maybe I'll finally try my hand at small scale organic garden. for 2 or three items.
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @GMgetsfit You are very welcome. God bless you in your journey to a fit healthy life.