Whats your favourite clean eating snack

Options
PRmomof3
PRmomof3 Posts: 5 Member
I'm okay with figuring out meals but would love to hear what your favourite clean eating snack is.

Replies

• Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hummus and Veggies or Jerky for healthier option
    Smartfood Delight Salted Caramel Popcorn for fun snack
  • jringer1
    jringer1 Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    dates for something sweet, raw veggies and hummus for snack.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Cut up gala apples and PB2.
  • smkstj3426
    smkstj3426 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like dates with a dark chocolate covered coffee bean inside!
  • pkennedy12569
    pkennedy12569 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tis may sound weird but I just had some steel cut oatmeal 1/4 cup. Does not even need to be warmed up. Yumm
  • sgrathwol
    sgrathwol Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Raisins are great or frozen blueberries!
  • Sherri1862
    Sherri1862 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @NameItNClaimIt -what are the measurements of the ingredients you use for the Peanut butter ice cream? Sounds great!
  • PRmomof3
    PRmomof3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    NomeItNClaimIt that sounds AMAZING!
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've tried something similar once. I need to freeze some bananas! If you like PB&J add a couple of frozen strawberries to it and use half the banana.
  • pesigrandi
    pesigrandi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't snack much but when I do I have about 1/4 of raw nuts.
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fallfrenzy wrote: »
    I've tried something similar once. I need to freeze some bananas! If you like PB&J add a couple of frozen strawberries to it and use half the banana.

That sounds good.
  • jringer1
    jringer1 Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    When my bananas start to get over ripe, I throw them in the freezer, they are perfect to put into a smoothie or to make ice cream. I don't add any sweetner, as I find the bananas are sweet enough on their own.

I try to minimize snacking but nuts, or dried plantins are my go to.
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love raw unsalted macadamia nuts with onion powder. It may sound odd but it is delicious. I only eat them when I am deficient in calories for the day.
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love to eat a couple of clementines! They are so easy to eat (especially at work --they peel so easily) and they give me just the right little punch of sweet! And they're like 35 cals. each!

If I'm "snacking" before dinner, I peel a zucchini, slice it up, and put lemon pepper all over it. I put hot sauce on the side and if I'm really missing chicken wings, I add a little Marie's low calorie blue cheese dressing-- LOL! The "crunch" of the raw zucchini is really satisfying! I also love Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Guacamole made with Greek Yogurt. Both of these are made with good ingredients.

The peanut butter frozen banana "snack" does sound good! I make a "smoothie" with frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, and a fresh banana and add a little sparkling water (for my son's smoothie I'll use orange juice).
  • crakmasta
    crakmasta Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Almonds. So many different flavors and a lot aren't high in sodium. Dusted dark chocolate and Cafe mocha are my favorites
  • liz48170
    liz48170 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs. Not my fav food but it fills me up and keeps me from grazing on bad stuff
  • MellFarley
    MellFarley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really like protein balls. They are about 114 cals and really stop my sweet cravings. I use these items:
    Condiments
    2 tbsp Honey
    2/3 cup Peanut butter, creamy
    Pasta & Grains
    1 cup Oats, old fashioned
    Baking & Spices
    1/2 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
    Nuts & Seeds
    1/2 cup Flax seeds, ground

Blend all ingredients and make into balls. Keep refrigerated.
  • Mclemen0516
    Mclemen0516 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do these... Rolled oats, peanut butter, flax/chia seeds, bee pollen, vanilla, honey, chocolate chips. Really yummy!!