Perservance

Options
I love this word yet it bugs me as I am not very persevering yet I need to be! I pray daily for patience and perserverance . losing weight takes a lot and when I think of all the years and the weight that I have lost, found lost found it is mind-boggling but here I am and I think this time I am going to succeed and that is because I just took the plunge and did not test the waters but just made my leap it was scary but I survived. So keep going it is the hardest but it is so refreshing when you see "results" keep on the journey thanks Dee

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I love this word yet it bugs me as I am not very persevering yet I need to be! I pray daily for patience and perserverance . losing weight takes a lot and when I think of all the years and the weight that I have lost, found lost found it is mind-boggling but here I am and I think this time I am going to succeed and that is because I just took the plunge and did not test the waters but just made my leap it was scary but I survived. So keep going it is the hardest but it is so refreshing when you see "results" keep on the journey thanks Dee

Thanks for your inspiring post! I have lost nearly 30 lbs in 2016. I have lost and regained many times in my life too. I'm getting older (will be 60 in June 2017), and am having some health issues (IBS, Barrett's esophagus, pre-diabetes), and still need to lose about 70 lbs to be at my goal weight. I would like to lose 1 pound a week in 2017. I will see how I do, but any lose will be great!

I miss these daily challenges, and will keep checking in to see when they are posted again! Have a great day!
  • kfought2478
    kfought2478 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm right with ya there! I just got serious (again) about losing the weight I've gained since college. Or at least most of it. It's a spiritual battle! It's hard. The hardest thing for me this week (besides actually limiting my desserts) was accepting that my BMI now puts me "overweight." It was hard to realize that. And to admit that I have a huge problem with self control. I'm currently doing a devotional in the Bible app called "Made to Crave: the 21 Day Challenge." You should check it out :)