Can't believe I found this group!

Options
pezhed
pezhed Posts: 777 Member
Hi all! I'm not even sure how I stumbled across this group (I think I searched for 'lunch'??) but I'm so glad I did. I've been feeling a little neurotic with all the things I want to know before TTC.

A little about me: I'll be 32 in a month and my husband and I got married in September. We decided last month to stop doing anything to prevent pregnancy in June or July of this year. Right now I've stopped hormonal birth control, mostly so I can experience my natural cycles for a while, and hope to lose about 12 lbs before June/July timeframe. I want to be as active as I can be going into pregnancy so that it's okay to be active while I'm pregnant.

Right now I'm idealizing everything pregnancy-related so I think having a support group will keep my feet firmly planted while going through this process. I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @pezhed Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you!

Not sure if you've noticed already or not, but there is a spreadsheet on the main page for our monthly challenge and you're more than welcome to join!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    HI @pezhed Welcome to our group! We are in different stages of planning for pregnancy, with a few of our members now expecting! What are your goals before pregnancy, like weight loss, better eating, strengthening your core?

My husband and I have been married for 2 years, and I would like to lose 25# before getting pregnant but we have talked about starting to try in the next few months. Ive been part of this group for a year, and ended up gaining instead of losing! That had nothing to do with this group though, I tend to yoyo! I have also recently restarted a strength training program.

Glad you found us!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    @pezhed agreed, welcome to the group! We're always glad to have more members :)
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @pezhed Welcome to the group!
  • ChelsoBee
    ChelsoBee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi @pezhed
    My name is Chelsey, and I literally just joined this group and I came across your post. It was perfect! We have very similar time lines. I recently just stopped taking my hormonal birth control for the same reason. We have also decided to start trying in June/July.
    I'm looking to lose about 15-20 pounds before trying to conceive.
    Good luck and hopefully we are all able to stick to our goals to have healthy pregnancies in the future!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @chelsobee welcome to the group! Exciting that we share goals/timelines! Make sure you set a goal for January and start posting in the challenge thread. I'm also already loving the spreadsheet in the group! More data more better in my opinion
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome @ChelsoBee !
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @ChelsoBee Hi! Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you! =)

I've sent you both friend request.
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wow can't believe there's a group for this! I have a 15mo and we are thinking of starting to TTC start of April. As a minimum would like to lose my remaining baby weight of 9lb, but my big goal is to lose 12lb which i think it tough but achievable in 8 weeks (I'm still 40lb overweight). There's nothing like a looming pregnancy to scare the weight off :wink: Exciting times for everyone!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @1fit_mamma Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you! =)