Introduce Yourself & Frequently Asked Questions

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Great, another person from Ireland. Hey @Mari33a when you get a minute please consider posting an intro.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Great, another person from Ireland. Hey @Mari33a when you get a minute please consider posting an intro.

Ok, I was a little confused and not sure where exactly to post. Thanks @chris_in_cal
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm new to this group. I'm married with young adult children in my late 40's. I have been on MFP since 2014 and was maintaining until 2017 when I gained almost 3 stone and at my heaviest weight 190 lbs. I've always exercised but wasn't taking the calorie counting serious until January last year (2023) and something seemed to click in my head. I started last January at 184lbs and have very slowly got to 148.8lbs last Wednesday. Wednesday is my Weigh In Day but I weigh myself and track calories every day good or bad. I would like to reach 140lbs. But realistically will be happy to maintain between 140 and 148 depending what is going on in life. I have always found in the past maintaining is just as hard as losing because the bad snacking habits and portion sizes tend to creep back without noticing and next thing I have 6lbs back on.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: »
    not sure where exactly to post.

Thanks for your introduction, and you seem to be on quite a tear...keep at it!

The core of the group is each week has its own thread, which is for posting our weigh-ins. See you there on Wednesdays.

The geographic diversity here is nice, several people in Europe, and from all over the U.S.

P.S. in MFP you click 'my groups' or something like that to find this place again.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Please feel free to ask me anything and I will do the same. All the best everyone 💝
    Rita, You are making such consistent progress. Have you set a goal weight for yourself? Or, some activity, or other type of goal?

• bootilicious
    bootilicious Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi @chris_in_cal. My next goal is to lose 15.8 lbs to get to 150 lbs. Then ease into maintenance. Thx for asking.