Introduce Yourself & Frequently Asked Questions

Replies

• tuxie400
    tuxie400 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello all! After gaining 7 pounds from Thanksgiving through Christmas, I started dieting again on Dec. 27 at 224 lbs. Today I weighed in at 212.6. I think posting my weekly weight will help me stay on track. My goal weight is 140 lbs.
  • _Crackers_
    _Crackers_ Posts: 14 Member
    So I have been saving quite a few calories all week from my daily allowance and from exercise so I could enjoy a piece of ice-cream cake today.

Well after all the suspense and build up when I finally got too have some, I feel so let down and very anticlimax.

Yeah it was nice and I enjoyed it while I was having it. I don't have the guilt of going over my cals as I made adjustments for it. I just don't feel I got good bang for my buck.

Sort of feel like the kid who spent his hard earnt pocket money on the wrong thing. Anyone else get like that? I know I won't be making that mistake again.
  • Belmont61
    Belmont61 Posts: 67 Member
    Crackers
    I've only just started ( again ) this week
    But I'll let you know if that happens to me
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,056 Member
    Rather than saving up for a treat I just factor them in if I fancy them. My sweet tooth has calmed down a bit since I started out though.
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 294 Member
    I factor in my treats and find them totally worth it. I like knowing that I'm not blowing my calories away and can still eat treats.
  • crisping16
    crisping16 Posts: 35 Member
    Hello! My name is Amanda. I'm 23 years old, a college student, and I'd like to lose something like 100lbs. I'm breaking it down into 20lb intervals so that it's easier to manage.

I look forward to weekly weigh-ins!

Also, if anyone is looking for friends, I'd love to add you/be added.

Good luck!
  • reinhartz1st
    reinhartz1st Posts: 2 Member
    Hello all , You can call me reinz , 31 Years old , an office 8-17 worker , has been losing 18 kg already but need another 15 kg to get my ideal weight .
    I'm not training that much , but i'm aiming at 12-15k steps/day minimum , if you looking for friend , you can send me FR / PM me so i i'll add you guys
  • trntrg
    trntrg Posts: 56 Member
    It's motivating see all the weigh-ins!
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 313 Member
    I've been thinking about creating a measuring "stick" of some sort to post on my bedroom mirror - a visual reminder of what I'm accomplishing r/t weight loss. With a goal of losing 75#, struggling with what incrament to use as markers (e.g. 1/4 " = 5lb). I just read a post from a mfp member who is setting her goals by % of weight loss using starting weight. Now, I'm thinking this might be a good metric for my "stick" vs lbs. Have any of you done something similar? What measurement did you use and how did you display? Power on!
  • kellydep
    kellydep Posts: 3 Member
    Hello! My name is Kelly & I'm aiming to lose the ten kilos which have quietly crept on over the last few years of nibbling on sweets
  • mwoitach
    mwoitach Posts: 39 Member
    Hello. I'm Mary. Started with this group a few weeks ago then got sick and stopped. Just started back up with FP today again. Appreciate hearing your stories!!
  • shakenbake57
    Wecome back, Mary! I'm new to this and so far things are going about as I expected. I've got a long way to go and am committed. We CAN do this!
  • samxsweeney
    samxsweeney Posts: 1 Member
    Hi my names sam im from the uk im just starting mfp today im 45 years old i would love to lose 126 pound xx
  • katie52987
    katie52987 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi my name is katie ive been struggling the past year with my weight up and down I have to loose around 40lbs.. I started back on my fitness pal last weekend and had a little trouble staying on track.. going to weigh in tomorrow and hopefully there is a little change... feeling very determined seeing everyones loose .. good luck to everyone
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited March 2017
    Hey folks I've started blogging about my journey, if you'd like to take a read you can find it here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/tinkerbellang83 give it a vote if you enjoy it or if it simply doesn't bore you to death :smile:
  • DaRaVeN
    DaRaVeN Posts: 3 Member
    Hey everyone, another newbie.
    I'm Matt from Melbourne, Australia.
    Looking to lose 11kgs initially and then see where to go from there. Have just started on the OptiSlim LCD shakes to aid me in my battle and enjoy reading your stories and look forward to hitting my goals in the next couple of months.

Crackers, totally understand and sympathise with you on the whole rewarding yourself with sweets then feeling like you've done the wrong thing.
  • trntrg
    trntrg Posts: 56 Member
    Hello to the newbies and welcome to the group.
  • DaRaVeN
    DaRaVeN Posts: 3 Member
    Hi gang, so I've been on OptiSlim shakes replacing breakfast and lunch for the last 7 days so today is weigh day.
    Started at 103kgs
    Today I'm 100.2kgs
    So a total loss of 2.8kgs
    I'm a happy fella!

Good luck to the rest of you.
  • shakenbake57
    Well, no change on scale this week, but experiencing other victories! Sister and her hubby here last weekend and while didn't binge, sure ate well and more than I have been, so very pleased no gain. Also have bumped up activity and added kettle bell. Who knows - maybe building some muscle. Clothes are getting looser and looser YAY! Hope everyone has a great week!
  • tinkerbellang83
    @shakenbake57 hurray for non-scale victories :smile: