Introduce Yourself & Frequently Asked Questions

Replies

• mwoitach
    mwoitach Posts: 39 Member
    Hello. I'm Mary. Started with this group a few weeks ago then got sick and stopped. Just started back up with FP today again. Appreciate hearing your stories!!
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    Wecome back, Mary! I'm new to this and so far things are going about as I expected. I've got a long way to go and am committed. We CAN do this!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hey folks I've started blogging about my journey, if you'd like to take a read you can find it here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/tinkerbellang83 give it a vote if you enjoy it or if it simply doesn't bore you to death :smile:
  • trntrg
    trntrg Posts: 32 Member
    Hello to the newbies and welcome to the group.
  • shakenbake57
    Well, no change on scale this week, but experiencing other victories! Sister and her hubby here last weekend and while didn't binge, sure ate well and more than I have been, so very pleased no gain. Also have bumped up activity and added kettle bell. Who knows - maybe building some muscle. Clothes are getting looser and looser YAY! Hope everyone has a great week!
  • tinkerbellang83
    @shakenbake57 hurray for non-scale victories :smile:
  • suelivesey1964
    suelivesey1964 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Sue and I'm from the UK. I want to lose 25lb, Fri 17th will be my 1st weigh day, I'm 53 and menopausal and the weight is just piling on, hopefully joining this group will give me the motivation I need, my starting weight is 10st 7lb and I hope to lose about 25lb x
  • tinkerbellang83
    Welcome @suelivesey1964 I'm also from the UK but living in Ireland. Good luck with your weight loss journey. There is some great info that I've pilfered from the main forums and some tips/strategies from our own experiences on the other threads.
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited March 2017
    If anyone wants to monitor their own weight loss trend, I've an excel template in my Onedrive public folder, you can download it from here: ONEDRIVE LINK

Just pop your weights in column B each week and it will update on the chart.
    If you need to tweak the weights at the axis but aren't sure how to do it, give me a shout and I'll let you know how.
  • tinkerbellang83
    I've a few new blog posts kicking about uf anyone is interested, just a few musings, rants and observations http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/tinkerbellang83
  • shakenbake57
    Welcome @Sarahsthirdtime - I've found the weekly weigh-ins help me be accountable... to me!
  • jfrancis89
    jfrancis89 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm Joe. Add me if you want. At my highest weight I was 367lbs. I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes and after that I dropped nearly 50 lbs. Over the last three years I've been in the 305 to 325 range. As of joining I'm at 290 with the hope to hit 230 and maybe lower. Thanks. Good luck all.
  • shakenbake57
    Wecone @jfrancis89!
  • Yourrealgem
    Yourrealgem Posts: 18 Member
    LW 213lbs
    TW 212lbs
  • tinkerbellang83
    Been stuck in a scale rut the last 2 weeks, mostly down to eating out whilst travelling and not getting my strength training in I think, but I've finally started to move under 105kg again :smiley: Yay! Also started couch to 5km too. May is going to be my *kitten*!
  • Elsiebeane
    Elsiebeane Posts: 96 Member
    I'm Elsie. I started at 315.I am currently 307.8. I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I would love the support from others trying to lose weight. I could use some friends too!
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Hello! I am Christina. I want to lose 50lbs. I weighed myself today and so far I have lost 2lbs in 3 weeks. It is my TOM so some of what I'm seeing might be water weight.
  • tinkerbellang83
    qpmomma1 wrote: »
    Hello! I am Christina. I want to lose 50lbs. I weighed myself today and so far I have lost 2lbs in 3 weeks. It is my TOM so some of what I'm seeing might be water weight.

2lb is pretty good going in 3 weeks :smile: Welcome!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Hey :) Sorry that I haven been participating. We went away on holiday and then I was on Study leave. I'll log my weight on Friday :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    Hey :) Sorry that I haven been participating. We went away on holiday and then I was on Study leave. I'll log my weight on Friday :)

People come and go a lot don't worry, I still keep the old data in the sheet and just move the row back up as people come back.