Newbie with Net Carb Question

Options
glaurya
glaurya Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2017 in Social Groups
My fourth day on Keto and I feel FABULOUS (in an Oprah singy voice). Lost 5 lbs so far (probably water weight but engouraging). Reviewing my macros from the last few days and am averaging 30-35 carbs but high fiber. My carbs are high because I am having a green smoothie every morning and eating a lot of fresh leafy greens and fresh vetagables. So my question is: if my fiber intake is higher than my total carbs does that mean my net carbs are zero? And is it more important to count the net carbs rather than the total carbs and countinue eating the high carb vegetables?

SW: 198
CW: 193
GW: 145

Replies

• borgenergard
    borgenergard Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Net carbs is all carbs-minus fiber. So if you eat 100 grams of carbs and 50 of them are fiber, you have eaten 50g net carbs.
  • Slja2013
    Slja2013 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There are many experts in the keto lifestyle who believe in counting total carbs and others who count net carbs. I am extremely sensitive to carbs so I count total carbs but you may not be. You have to find out what works for you!
  • Whoniverse_Lover
    Whoniverse_Lover Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's only your fourth day. If you keep getting the desired results while doing what you're doing, then don't change anything. Don't fix what isn't broken right? However if you feel like things slow down a bit as far as progress, not losing inches after a months time, then maybe take a look at possibly making some adjustments.