Integrating while still providing support

Options

Replies

• lucy_Jada
    lucy_Jada Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am also testing FatSecret.com, I like it. Has really good community setting. check it out. I started a public group called "Calorie Count Refugee", you can post while in the group, and all of Fatsecret members can see it. But the privacy setting can be fiddled with as well... I encourage everyone to take a peek.
  • pkeiter42
    pkeiter42 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So many sites to test, so little time.....
  • deangleason
    deangleason Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have created a Facebook group as a neutral gathering space and another resource to keep in touch. The group is called CALORIE COUNT REFUGEES. It is a closed group for the moment just to see if it is helpful. Use your CC user name when you ask to join so we will recognize you. In the FB group if people want to know which site you are on you can tell them there. If you want to friend someone on FB you can use this group for that as well.
  • lucy_Jada
    Options
    It is so frustrating. I like the free Sparkpeople nutritional analysis the best, myfitnesspal has limited nutritional analysis. MFP want to upsell you to its premium package. Caloriecount has the best product by far.... Both are sort of slow.
  • deangleason
    Options
    Well this is certainly getting interesting. I have now logged on both Sparkpeople and here. Neither converts most items into grams. That's an issue for me as I weigh a lot of food and grams are simplest and most accurate. The MFP mobile app seems more complete. Spark mobile app doesn't have a community tab so all social (like teams) can't be accessed. Both operate more like Facebook when it comes to social. To be fair I will give Fatsecret a look. It's good to see this group and the various Calorie Count Refugees groups springing up on all these sites. Stay in touch. I'm interested in your thoughts and experiences.
  • deangleason
    Options
    Starting to get some response and gather people in our Facebook 'Calorie Count Refugees' group. If you are on FB please come join so others can find you! Tx! Dg
  • NorCalMichael
    NorCalMichael Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    NorCal Mike here, I am now NorCalMichael.
  • karlidanc
    karlidanc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    heading to facebook to check out CALORIE COUNT REFUGEES
  • inormandin
    inormandin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, Heeeeeellooooooo! (use your mrs. doubtfire voice)

• gleng44
    gleng44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yey, I found you guys. I didn't succeed with Mfp in the past but with you being here, I have high hopes. Thanks for creating this group.
  • lucy_Jada
    Options
    Hi CC people! I am trying hard to figure out all the different sites... but I think I am settling into MFP. Had a big lunch of dim sum (chinese tea lunch) and so had a very light dinner of lettuce and hummus toyesterday. No work out but it is the holiday weekend and I will start up again on Tuesday.
  • RRalphycc
    RRalphycc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So far so good on this site for me. No major roadblocks to speak of. Except a couple inside my head... Ha HA!
    Hey I still with the flotilla though.
  • lwr731
    lwr731 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I migrated here from CC a few months ago. I was known as murrill on CC, but someone already claimed the name here, they say. Anyway, I like it here. As someone mentioned, the recipe analyzer is good, and I find the food database to be easy. I went through a period of logging both here and on CC, and the difference in total calories was usually around 100 calories (MFP showed the higher number).
  • Trishcolli
    Trishcolli Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hope all goes well
  • kcstar73
    kcstar73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Greetings to all--I was on CC on and off for a number of years, mostly just to log and track my progress. This year I look forward to trying MFP with the support of new friends here. Wishing the best of luck to us all!
  • marvinlp21
    marvinlp21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I was a longtime user of CC like most of you. Even though MYP and SP are available, I'm looking into creating an alternative application. If you're interested or know others who may be also, please email me at marcus.j.johnson21@gmail.com to stay abreast of progress. Also, I would to ping you in terms of functionality you need.

Thanks in advance.
  • walijan
    walijan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Trish. Saw your message over on CC. How did you go about inputting all your CC foods, recipes, etc over here? I have all those zip files downloaded from CC and don't know what to do with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Trishcolli
    Trishcolli Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi walijan - I don't know ! I remember did my Wright manually using whstvthey sent , then I spent the whole month so far slowly finding foods etc that are correct and add up same cc and nutrient wise with cc as I don't think we can import. The recipes are same but you can import from a website. One of our other Long term cc ers kindly offered use of his website if you want to upload the recipes then download to this . Of you look at chelarocks posts under here you will find some stuff on that. Also I really love to the scanner it's amazing you can just scan in everything as you prepare and adjust to your portion size ! Good wishes glad you made it here ! Add yourself to the group and you can click on any familiar cc faces to add them as friends to your newsfeed !