Steph's T25 Journey

Options
stephanj
stephanj Posts: 898 Member
Hi Guys,

I hope you don't mind if I do a navel-gazing (literally) thread? I do best when I have a daily check in, and can reflect on my progress, and I like looking back over time and seeing where I have come from. Feel free to post on this thread too!

7/19 - finally got T25 in the mail! After looking through the nutrition guide, I have decided on 1200-1400 calories, and as close to possible to the P90X fat shredder macros (50% protein) as this works well for my body. Not starting officially with weight/measurements until 7/29, but I am going to do and review the alpha workouts over the next week.....also going to try and keep up my JMBR 7/8 as much as possible, so I can keep the level of weights I have worked up to.

Replies

• CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Stephanj:

I just got mine today (7/19) also. I was planning on starting on Monday. I really can't wait to get it started. I was also doing JMBR but stopped it on week 6. I got a little bothered because I saw NO results and was working out as much as I was supposed to be every week and always keeping within my calorie goal. My calories are now at 1409 which is my BMR so I will eat back only a small amount of my exercise calories if needed. Hopefully this new plan will work along with T25:)
  • brandanmad
    brandanmad Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I hope you don't mind if I do a navel-gazing (literally) thread? I do best when I have a daily check in, and can reflect on my progress, and I like looking back over time and seeing where I have come from. Feel free to post on this thread too!

7/19 - finally got T25 in the mail! After looking through the nutrition guide, I have decided on 1200-1400 calories, and as close to possible to the P90X fat shredder macros (50% protein) as this works well for my body. Not starting officially with weight/measurements until 7/29, but I am going to do and review the alpha workouts over the next week.....also going to try and keep up my JMBR 7/8 as much as possible, so I can keep the level of weights I have worked up to.

Can't wait for you to get started...I have been trying 40/30/30 for my macros...I still can't seem to meet my protein requirments :(. I know I need it...I've learned my body doesn't like carbs. I would love to do 50 Protein...but I have to work on getting to 40 first lol.
  • stephanj
    Options
    CAS- sorry JMBR wasn't doing it for you! I got no weight loss from insanity if you can believe it! This one will be different for us, I can feel it! I've decided to start Monday too, no point in waiting!

Brand- I never ever actually make it to 50% protein, lol, it's next to impossible. But I TRY!!!! Probably more like 40. The key for me is keeping the carbs low. I find I can lose with 30% fat.

Tomorrow I face the before pics and measurements aaaaggghhh! Gonna try cardio tonight just because.
  • stephanj
    Options
    Measurements- done! My weight is all over the place. Goal for this cycle is to get my waist below 30 inches. Right now it's 33. It's my problem area! Did alpha cardio on Saturday and loved it. Sunday did alpha stretch, then added in JMBR 9. Got a good sweat!
    I am going to try and fit in three to four JMBR sessions on top of the alpha workouts. I really want to step it up at this point. We'll see how long I last!

Food has been doing great! Stuck to 1200-1400 this weekend despite the usual temptations. Hope to see some loss this week.
  • stephanj
    Options
    Still going strong. I can honestly say I couldn't be working any harder. After T25 I pop in an abs DVD and do 15 extra minutes, drenched in sweat. All this is not showing up on the scale yet. Food has been perfect too!
    Vacation coming up this weekend is going to be a challenge. I am going to keep logging over the weekend. But temptation will be everywhere! Plus getting in my Friday double workout may be difficult since we leave Friday afternoon and I have to watch my daughter all morning...I think I will do we'd and thurs workouts tonight, then do Fridays on Thursday.
  • brandanmad
    brandanmad Posts: 49
    Options
    Still going strong. I can honestly say I couldn't be working any harder. After T25 I pop in an abs DVD and do 15 extra minutes, drenched in sweat. All this is not showing up on the scale yet. Food has been perfect too!
    Vacation coming up this weekend is going to be a challenge. I am going to keep logging over the weekend. But temptation will be everywhere! Plus getting in my Friday double workout may be difficult since we leave Friday afternoon and I have to watch my daughter all morning...I think I will do we'd and thurs workouts tonight, then do Fridays on Thursday.

Thats what I did last week- I changed my double day because of a crazy busy schedule. i did my double the day before and did only one workout the following day.

If I remember right you don't have much left to lose. So I'm sure you probably already know that you will have to focus on inches more then weight now. I am in the same boat. Right now I've been dropping weight. But I am sure that it will come to a screaching halt soon. I will then have to focus on inches which is so HARD for me. I don't know why. I wish I could throw away my scale...but I'm obsessed :(. I know muscle weighs more then fat...so I don't know what my problem is. My sister was a national ranked gymnast in highschool/college and she was 5'5" 140 lbs and wore a size 0. I weighted less and wore a bigger size. I just can't get it through my head. Seems simple.

Sorry about the rant...just get frustrated with myself :(
  • stephanj
    Options

Thats what I did last week- I changed my double day because of a crazy busy schedule. i did my double the day before and did only one workout the following day.

If I remember right you don't have much left to lose. So I'm sure you probably already know that you will have to focus on inches more then weight now. I am in the same boat. Right now I've been dropping weight. But I am sure that it will come to a screaching halt soon. I will then have to focus on inches which is so HARD for me. I don't know why. I wish I could throw away my scale...but I'm obsessed :(. I know muscle weighs more then fat...so I don't know what my problem is. My sister was a national ranked gymnast in highschool/college and she was 5'5" 140 lbs and wore a size 0. I weighted less and wore a bigger size. I just can't get it through my head. Seems simple.

Sorry about the rant...just get frustrated with myself :(

Rant away! I know exactly what you mean! I am extremely fixated on a certain weight (135, prepregnancy) and I've tried many times to let go of the number goal but I just can't! I know I have a significant spare tire of fat to lose, so I am definitely paying attention to my waist measurement- speaking of which I did lose an inch this week! My waist is 32, I want it to be below 30.
    The scale finally responded, I lost 1.8lbs this week, which I am very happy with. I couldn't have worked any harder!
    Here's to surviving the weekend, always the hardest time for me. Enjoy the rest day!
  • stephanj
    Options
    Staturday!!!!

Ok I am frustrated because I actually gained this week. I am back at where I started on the scale. I did have a few slip up days last weekend on vacation, but that wasn't two pounds worth of gain. I do feel poofy though so I am choosing to believe this is water weight.
    On the happy side I have lost half an inch off my chest, two inches off my waist. But for how hard I am working I want results ASAP!!
    The good news is the workouts are getting easier....well less brutal anyway! I feel really strong already!
  • stephanj
    Options
    Ok so I peeked! 142 lbs!
    So at the end of T25 week 3 I am down two lbs. I am happy with that, only 7 to go to my ultimate goal, and it was quality fat loss for sure. And I survived tempeh week! Pre making lunches and dinners for the week from the nutrition guide was key. And I think morning fasted cardio did its job.

Staturday (since beginning):
    Waist - 2.5 inches
    Hips - .5 inch
    Chest - .5 inch
    Various other places down fractions of an inch except arms which are slightly up. Incredible increase in stamina.

In short - loving this program!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!

i did my stats last sat and i was down 1.6 lbs, i was so HAPPY! I actually had surpassed my goal weight, finally after almost 2 years of doing this..... then all of this week each weigh in was up :( so i guess i only have lost actually 0.6 lbs. still a loss but i am starting week 4 tomorrow and was expecting something by now.... now i still have 0.8 lbs to go till i hit my goal! :(
  • stephanj
    Options
    that's awesome!

i did my stats last sat and i was down 1.6 lbs, i was so HAPPY! I actually had surpassed my goal weight, finally after almost 2 years of doing this..... then all of this week each weigh in was up :( so i guess i only have lost actually 0.6 lbs. still a loss but i am starting week 4 tomorrow and was expecting something by now.... now i still have 0.8 lbs to go till i hit my goal! :(

Hang in there! My weight was up two pounds last week then I dropped it overnight. Congrats on hitting that goal!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    ya i am hoping it will go back down. not sure why it's been up a whole lb consistently all week, you think it would bounce around.....but identical? weird... all i know is i hope that i see changes in my day 25 before and after pics or i will be very disappointed ...
  • stephanj
    Options
    Keep measuring! I am losing little weight, but my measurements are going down faster than I though possible....it is getting to the point where I kinda don'r care about the scale (ok I still do lol)