Spironolactone

Options
jagodfrey08
jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
Hello. My doctor just put me on spironolactone in conjunction with a BCP last week to help with cystic acne, hair loss, and my testosterone rage.

Has anyone here had any experience with this medication? I can't really say I'm noticing a difference, but I have only been on it for a few days.

Replies

• NisaB
    NisaB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Following this. I am hoping to talk with my doctor about the medication next week.
  • jagodfrey08
    Options
    I have taken it for a week now, and it really has seemed to mellow out my PCOS rage, which is good. Can't tell a difference in acne yet, but maybe it will clear up. One thing it has done that was super awesome - my period was so much lighter and not as long this past week. Used to be, I had to use an ultra tampon and a pad. It was weird just needing regulars this month. Kinda cool. I start my BCP tomorrow. So, I hope that it helps.
  • NisaB
    NisaB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm for sure following this. I have an appointment on the 31st. I think I will ask her about this medication.
    I'm on BC so I don't have issues with my period anymore (I used to be in the same boat as you. It's so frustrating- and expensive).
  • jagodfrey08
    Options
    Well, my BCP decided to Jumpstart my period an entire week before the inactive pills. And, I have developed "pizza face" this week on one side. I can't tell if it's from an allergy to detergent - because I lay on my husbands chest on that side and watch Netflix - or if it's the hormones. I have a giant cystic acne horn on my forehead, too....and one on my chin. I am so frustrated. I feel so hideous today. Absolutely HATE PCOS!

Anyway. My doc changed me to Yasmin instead of Loestrin. Hopefully, that will help. I'm probably going to ask about increasing the spironolactone. We shall see. All I know is that I haven't looked this bad since high school.