In the right place!

Options
minyetta1
minyetta1 Posts: 5 Member
I thought I was the only emotional eater in the world.
I definitely need you guys when I get off work and right before bedtime. These are my hidden in the house, wind down, eat everything that you wouldn't eat in public devouring times.

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Hi Minyetta, Great to have you here. I have probs with myself some evenings my weakness seems to be when I'm feeling sorry for myself lately or out of control of things. We are organizing finding another rental to move to and moving just sets me on edge.
  • minyetta1
    minyetta1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response. I can ditto that.
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    minyetta1 wrote: »
    I thought I was the only emotional eater in the world.
    I definitely need you guys when I get off work and right before bedtime. These are my hidden in the house, wind down, eat everything that you wouldn't eat in public devouring times.

Hi minyetta1. I too have problems with emotional eating after dinner and before bed. Please feel free to add me as an MFP friend.
  • MagneticGanymede
    MagneticGanymede Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Me too! What works best for me in the evenings is as soon as I finish dinner I floss, brush teeth and put my retainer in. Then I sip water if I need to. And I try to find other ways to relax besides eating. Getting on mfp is kinda relaxing.
  • yasserk16
    yasserk16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I was an emotional eater until I got into an argument with someone close to me and immediately disregarded my food plan and ate whatever I wanted to. Luckily I caught myself before going too far but its good to know there's other people out there going through the same things.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Arguments send me to the fridge a lot too! Thanks for being real and sharing everyone! Its easier for me to keep getting back on the path of sane eating knowing there are others have the same difficulties.
  • judis100
    judis100 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been really struggling with binge eating after dinner. One thing that has helped is to make a pot of tea - something a little sweet like Trader Joes Candy Cane or Teavana Chocolate Peppermint. It fills me up and warms me up and some times that's enough to stave off the eating.
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    judis100, thanks for the pot of tea tip. I love a cup of tea in the afternoon, and after dinner. My mind has to reset the thoughts that I have to have something sweet to go with that delicious cup of tea!