Aprilfoolbride
Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
edited January 2017 in Social Groups
Health-Fitness-Resolution-Checklist-1-1-1024x524.png

Replies

• Aprilfoolbride
    Options
    Hey y'all! Last week was a combo of super busy at work, sick kid, and too many evening activities. Hope everyone had a great long weekend. Mine was pretty good.

So great to see what goals and daily changes other folks are doing. And sorry MFP didn't publish your whole post, Velma.

I've been on a roll (knock wood) with healthy eating and feeling good about it. I've been focused mostly on prep/planning. Also very proud of self for saying no to fast food & junky (read: not worth it) treats. Invited friends over and when they asked what they could bring for dessert I said fruit. Gold star!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Had a very full day yesterday of driving my son to the airport. 3.25 hrs there and 3.25 hours home. With about an hour of shopping in the middle. lol I actually somehow had a good eating day though, I didn't stop at any fast food places....and did good last night. Just a cup of herbal tea after supper. I want to do that again tonight....

@aprilfoolbride - sounds like you are having a good streak....keep it up! Preplanning is definitely a good way to go, I have much more sucess when I do that.

Today my goals are to get my workout in, at least 64 oz of water and to just stick to a cup of herbal tea tonight after supper.
  • maureli
    Options
    WORKOUT COMPLETE!

Theres goal #1 for today. Working on goal #2 and its going well (water). I can only report on goal #3 before I go to bed (night time herbal tea only) :)
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Options
    Great job @maureli! You must really love your son to spend 6.5 hours driving him to the airport and home lol

LOVE it when I drive right by the fast food place. Yesterday I was tempted by Chick-Fil-A but that request was denied.

Worked out with my trainer this morning, 6AM came so fast. Short week at work = :)

Knee was sore last night, was really glad that it was better when I woke up.
  • maureli
    Options
    So I met all 3 of yesterdays goals. so that's day 2 under my belt. I will try to do the same today, except tonight could be somewhat difficult as we are invited to a birthday supper for a friend. Ham dinner (so full of sodium!) and probably birthday cake. Wine? We'll see.

We have to go in to town this morning so my workout will be this afternoon. Tomorrow I work, so will prepare lunch and figure out supper for tomorrow night.

@aprilfoolbride - do you eat much kale? I have had it in my salads, and even baked it into the kale chips before. Last night I steamed it and make like a marinade of olive oil, lemon juice and minced garlic to toss it in. Just wondering how you prepare it with a meal.
  • maureli
    Options
    The birthday dinner was good last night. I didn't overdo it....just had a regular sized helping but I did have dessert. Homemade carrot cake and a glass of wine when we first got there. I feel ok about it though, its not often that we are invited out like that. We weren't late, Chris is fishing today and I am going to work so we were in bed by 10:30.

Got my lunch ready for today (garden salad with chicken and a fruit & nut dark chocolate cherry granola bar. Love those things! However I don't know what to take out for supper tonight, it will be late when we both get home.

Main goal for today will be to #1 get my water in and #2 keep my night time snack to 0!

• Aprilfoolbride
    Options
    Happy birthday
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Options
    Jeebs! Just wrote a whole long post and only the happy birthday message posted.... Glad you had a great homemade birthday meal.

And I'm not much of a kale gal but I don't mind it in a smoothie.

Crazy busy at work after a couple mellow months. Focusing on healthy eating as much as I can.

Gearing up for a trip next week.