I'm trying...ugh.

Options
cimarrona27
cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
edited January 2017 in Social Groups
I'm trying not to loose my sanity.

I got very little/no sleep. What I did get I was drenched in sweat and I was alternately burning up and freezing. That was my MO when I had high blood sugars. The battery is dead on my glucose monitor- another win.

My daughters puppy had an accident in his crate. Not his fault- mine. I didn't make him stay out long enough, you know- in negative temps at 3:30 in the morning. So I got to clean that up- and him- and me. Seriously, what makes puppy poop so potent? The several times I asked for help my husband woke up enough to stop snoring and lay perfectly still- suspicious- can't prove anything, but my sleep deprived mind wants to be pissed off about it.

Finally, gave up on sleep and started laundry. So... here I am... between loads.

I'm going to give myself 15 more minutes to be pissed off and feel sorry for myself and then I'm going to have breakfast and a wonderful day!

Bacon... mmmmmm.

See, my morning is already better!

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Bacon is often the answer.

Not that I want to tell you what to do, but I would be getting a battery for the glucometer.

I hope things pick up for you today.
  • aserrano79
    aserrano79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I HATE those days. Sorry hun:( I feel your pain. Your day will get better. And if your hubby is anything like mine he will jump out of that bed as soon as he smells delicious bacon!
  • cimarrona27
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Yes- bacon!

Maybe it will help level me out.

My meter has a chargable battery. It's been acting up and I got irritated with it- it keeps having a error with all of my strips. They are not expired and I've used the recalibration glucose solution. Idk. I hardly ever test anymore. I should, but I've gotten lazy to be honest. I'm off meds and rarely have noticeable highs. I don't know what got me last night. I'm very careful with my intake.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, sleep deprivation sucks, maybe you can squeeze in a nap today
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Stress is the enemy of level blood glucose...or normal levels... Stress will spike it. Some things they suggest...
    1. Take ten slow deep breaths in a row. Try to keep your mind clear if you do.
    2. Listen to some loud, angry rock music. This burns through my anger and frustration quicker and allows me to sleep easier.
    3. Go for a walk - slow to calm you down, or fast to burn it out...
    4. Color.
    5. Craft/do soothing activity.

For me, I have a routine. Blue light filter on my phone, set music to lull me to sleep or back to sleep, sleep trackers for verification of sleep quantity or quality, and an evening routine, even if it isn't exact. Washing my face, brushing my teeth, rinsing my sinuses - my body knows bedtime is coming, etc.

Sending all the best thoughts for luck and better sleep. And seriously smh at the "silent, unmoving" game from your husband, intentional or not...my guy does the same. Maybe ask during waking hours for help during non-waking hours?
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    If you have the time for it, a nap and/or a nice bath might be a good idea.

Sleep deprivation is my #1 enemy. I'm not good with little sleep. I love my husband with every ounce of me, but wanted to stab his stupid effing eyes out when up all night breastfeeding our babies while he blissfully snored. Effer.
  • cimarrona27
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I made breakfast and that helped. Hubs offered to take over this evening so I can go to bed early- not that it gets me out of puppy duties, but maybe a few hours before he goes to bed.

We also have a two year old who has decided that she must fall asleep in our bed. New trend since she was horribly sick two months ago. I am not the co-sleeping type. I just can't rest- I'm terrified I'm going to accidentally smother her with one of my pillows. And she is a giant who uses 80% of a king size bed- or it feels that way.

Maybe I'll get some coffee today. Lol.