Newbie-just had sleeve done Dec 26.

Options
Hi, I just had sleeve done Dec 26. Looking to find friends and help support. A little frustrated so far. I've only lost about 15 lbs since surgery. How many carbs per day is everyone eating?

Replies

• rbaertsch
    rbaertsch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kim. I had my sleeve done Dec. 19. I'm in the same place with slow weight loss. Keeping my carbs under 45g a day and calories around 500-700. Working out 5-6 days a week, And with all that, I'm losing 1-2 lbs a week. Our bodies are all different. How much do you have to lose to get to goal? I think when we start with a lower BMI, we lose a bit slower. My advice is to take measurements! Not losing on the scale can mean that our body is adjusting and we are losing inches instead. How's it been going since you posted?
  • Rebecca_1492
    Rebecca_1492 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim. I see you posted this almost 3 weeks ago. have things improved? I think rbaertsch advice was spot on. Take measurements! Also, don't be surprised if you hit the occasional stall. I guess it's pretty common. Glad to see you on here and hope you are doing well. I had RNY on Nov 28th 2016. I have lost only 31 lbs so far. It's slow, but it's steady and I have to remind myself that it's 31 less pounds that I didn't need and that are never coming back!