Pal Expansion

Options
SuperCarLori
SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
Good morning!

My name is Lori, and I'd like a few good friends, who are on the same path.

I started out last June at 217 pounds, I'm 5'10" with a keto diet. I'm not bashing it, it worked while I worked it and I lost thirty pounds. I did notice a correlation between manic episodes and carb intake, so I decided to switch over to using a deficit only for the remainder of my loss. I don't think that keto would've been sustainable for life, for ME. So, again, never going to bash it. I've got some dear keto friends.

Anyway, I've reset my ticker so my start weight was 195, on Monday (I think) and I'm down to 191. I'd been going by tdee minus twenty, and an going to continue in that range. I'm set at one pound loss per week, lightly active for 1739 calorie intake.

I'd just like to be a part of this group, and encourage and support you, I'm interactive.

So if you'd appreciate a good pal, please add me.

Thank you!

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Heya @SuperCarLori welcome to the group! I hope you have had a chance to read through the stickies located at the top of the community page, or follow the link below to get the info.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10430416/welcome-to-em2wl-start-here#latest

We dont recommend a 20% cut to start off with, as the idea is to eat as much as possible and still lose fat.. So eating at -20% right off the bat gives you no room for wiggle. Its always best to take some time and eat up at TDEE for a bit so your body knows what maintenance is and that it has more food as you start to cut. We usually only recommend UP TO a 15% cut max.

I will send you a FR:)

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Thank you, Kelly. Okay, so read read read! I can handle that!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    And here I am! Back again after being stubborn and doing keto and then bingeing and doing keto and bingeing....I'm tired of it. The past month I've been eating at maintenance, well let's say since January, since I'm still at 195...

I'm going to give this a thorough try, I've been reading for two days now. I'd like to make friends again, please?
  • lisabee18
    lisabee18 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to send me a friend request, diary is open too
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    I'm doing well today....need to keep an eye on protein...
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi @SuperCarLori
    Great to see you here. Protein is definitely one of the most important things to focus on. You can do this!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Hi @SuperCarLori
    Great to see you here. Protein is definitely one of the most important things to focus on. You can do this!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL

Thank you!! I'm going to do this, I can't keep jerking my body and metabolism around....