Full or Partial Metabolic Reset

Options
sy_19440
sy_19440 Posts: 55 Member
I will say the last several months have been extremely difficult with the lost of two family members around the holiday season. Some days I wasn't eating enough and others too much. I wonder if I should do the full metabolic over the 8-12 weeks or try partial.

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    First, im sorry for your losses. It cant be easy, especially around the holidays.

Im curious what you mean by a partial reset.. you are either resetting, or you are not. Do you mean only doing say 6 weeks instead of 12?
    What you need to look at is your prior dieting history. If you ever dieted on any kind of restriction program where your calories were limited, then you would want to consider a complete reset. That means your caloric level was WAY below what your TDEE is listed at.. so if you were dieting and eating 1400 cals, but your TDEE is above 2000, I would highly suggest a complete reset.

Here is the link to our reset guide if you haven't looked yet.
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/

Please keep in mind that reset is not a set amount of time. Majority of us who do a reset go well beyond 12 weeks, and it is greatly encouraged to do so. Reset is a time to heal your body AND your mindset about the dieting cycles. So the longer you can be there, the better off you will be in the process. Its important to give your body lots of time to heal metabolically and for your mind to grasp exactly what this change in lifestyle means to you.

At the top of the community page are our stickies to help you out under START HERE. Please do have a look through them. And we are here to help so feel free to ask questions

Kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • sy_19440
    sy_19440 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will do the full 8-12 week metabolic reset.