What Is your average daily carb amount?

2»

Replies

• DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    2t9nty wrote: »
    I have been doing the LC since October. Initially my goal was under 50, but in an attempt to bring down my glucose levels some more, I changed macros. I have been in the 20 - 30 range most days for a while. Today I nailed my percentages and was 600 calories under my calorie goal. It is probably bad form to brag, but I am somewhat pleased I did this without being hungry all day.

BG was 131 when I got home. That is not the greatest, but I dodged all the bullets at coffee hour(s). I have three services, and my step counter said 8000 steps. That is reasonably active.

Percentages don't matter. Grams do. If you "hit your percentages perfectly" but were under by 600 calories, then you did not get enough protein. You should consider protein a target to hit, carbs a limit to stay under. and fat is where your calorie increase or decrease should come from. So if you eat 600 cals below your target your fat percentage should be a lot lower than if you met your calorie goal.

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member

Percentages don't matter. Grams do. If you "hit your percentages perfectly" but were under by 600 calories, then you did not get enough protein. You should consider protein a target to hit, carbs a limit to stay under. and fat is where your calorie increase or decrease should come from. So if you eat 600 cals below your target your fat percentage should be a lot lower than if you met your calorie goal.

Oh well - I still thought it was a pretty good day.

I am trying to lose weight and control the blood glucose. I will see what the numbers are. If I can keep the calorie deficit going, I have the weight loss. The percentages keep me from being hungry (or I imagine they do, which has the same effect). So far I have lost right at 60 pounds and brought my A1C down. It may not be "right," but I see a lot of variability in how folks respond to things. I am fine tuning something that works for me in terms of the scale and the glucose readings.
  • woowoods
    woowoods Posts: 2 Member
    I'm about 2 weeks in. I'm aiming for 15g -- I usually end up more like 30G, but maybe 12-18 g net carbs. I'm not sure I trust all my online sources for accurate carb counts, but this seems like a comfortable level for me. I do NOT do well around carbs. My appetite is out of control. With this way of eating, I am not suffering the gnawing hunger pangs I usually struggle with. Down 8 or 9 pounds so far.
  • earboy86
    earboy86 Posts: 4 Member
    I try to stay at a max of 10g, but I bounce between 5g and 15g most days. I've gotten hooked on those bags of Green Giant riced cauliflower and broccoli and thats upped my carb intake a little.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    In weight loss mode, I do mostly 20-30gm net carbs per day. Some days I'll go up to 40-50 but mostly stick to 20-30.
    I haven't yet figured out my ideal for maintenance but I think 40-80 total.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    I currently range from between 30 and 50 total. I am maintaining so I allow a few more carbs than I did when I was losing. I'm mainly keto for control of my RA and my inflammation seems just as under control at my current levels and my hunger and cravings are controlled as well.
  • KristinNitsirk
    KristinNitsirk Posts: 15 Member
    Im very satisfied at 15% (50 carbs). Day 14.
  • Allie2060
    Allie2060 Posts: 32 Member
    About 20grams per day. I aim for less.