only 3 pounds - pics (I hope)

Options
tcunbeliever
tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
I know it's easy to get discouraged when the scale does not cooperate with the weight loss process. So, I'm posting some photos of my LCHF progress - mine are from July 2016 to today - 148.8 lbs to 145.2, only 3 lbs lost - I was 141, but have been steadily gaining this month despite eating at a deficit and working out like a fiend. My husband's photos are from March 2015 to today - he doesn't track and only works out with me a couple times a week. Of course, since I'm cooking LCHF he is eating more LCHF than before, but he doesn't make any effort to keep his carbs down for lunch so he's probably averaging 150-200g of carbs a day where I'm staying below 100g a day. He has gained 10 lbs in that time, 194 to 204.

Just a little food for though when the scale is getting you down - at the end of the day it really is just a number.

wl2rjq9orf8g.jpg

fst9gsevmes6.jpg

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    That's remarkable. Congrats to your both!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I love that you both are eating this way, even if different total net carbs per day. Makes life easier when your partner is onboard. Congrats on the progress.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce!! You both look amazing!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Yep. What you do is working. Your commitment is showing.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm talking about!!!!!
    Awesome work!

Pro-tip: keep arms in same position from one pic to the next. I can most definitely see a fat loss, especially in your hips, thighs, booty... but it's harder to tell what through the belly is from the position change and what is fat loss. It's there because it's very clear in the areas that wouldn't be affected by lifting arms so I don't mean to sound negative. But you'll see it even more clearly with consistent body position.

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Pictures don't lie! I love seeing the progress in both of you!!

Question: do you consume foods with Splenda or other artificial sweetners? I ask because for some of us it can prevent weight loss (in my case I gained weight even though I was strict with LCHF). If you do you may try eliminating it for a while and see if that could be the culprit to preventing weight loss for you.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    It's "just a number" if you're actively building muscle. If you are not you get pretty sick of people saying "oh, perhaps you're gaining muscle". It takes a lot of work to gain even 1 lb of muscle and it doesn't happen accidentally.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Just jaw dropping progress for you and hubby! Good job both of ya!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I don't use any artificial sweeteners, most of them trigger migraines for me...I do have the occasional diet pepsi, probably not more than one can a week...
  • Juliegray1963
    Juliegray1963 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Amazing
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome.

@bowlerae - Something like this might be of particular motivation to your boyfriend, showing how much can change...even with minor adjustments...
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Awesome work you two!! Thanks for the perspective!
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Well done!!