Life beyond food??!

Options
Pialove16
Pialove16 Posts: 12 Member
An old friend used to say giving up sugar was akin to jumping off a cliff-- not likely!
I struggle daily eating way too much sugar and at same time it is so satisfying. I have given up sugar for months at a time but this last time I decided life IS pale without it. And I tend to overeat no matter what food it is so I might as well
eat what gives me pleasure. So goal is moderation and only option to lose the 80 lbs I have to. Portion control is what healthy people practice. Gluttony is no longer an option!!

Replies

• krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Amen! I have never given up sugar on my journey here. Moderation is a difficult thing to master; however, I am never giving up! : ) Thanks for your post. Can relate!
  • jenmek
    jenmek Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a wide topic. Processed sugar (table sugar) is addicting akin to cocaine. You can give up processed sugar without giving up sugar. Sugar exists in fruit, some vegetables and in natural resources like honey, molasses and real maple syrup. It's a mindset and it is tough...but it is doable.
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Agreed, jenmek. I recently watched a video on this very subject. Can't remember the name of the person, but they were saying that sugar is sugar, no matter if it's derived from a natural source or processed. The body treats it the same and this can add pounds if not monitored. It's a daily struggle for me, but one that I am determined to get control over. : )