TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I'm very excited to be in Thailand! We lived here and taught for a year before we had kids. It is such a beautiful (but very hot!) country!

@biketheworld - I'm also wondering what I am going to do for the food challenge. I don't think I could bring myself to do liver! I've never like Brussel sprouts, but did try them this summer for the first time since I was little. Maybe I'll try to do something with Brussel sprouts.

I'm aiming for 700 minutes again this week. It will be harder for me . . . we have a really busy week and then are leaving for holidays on the weekend, so I will have to work hard to get there! It is a beautiful week though! The weather is back to being unseasonable warm, even above 0, so looking forward to spending some time outside skiing and snowshoeing!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?”
    I plan to do the Cardio Kickboxing Abs tonight

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!”

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!”
    Had some menudo for breakfast this morning. Bleh!! Might as well have been bugs! :grimace:

Minutes
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    jackiep248 wrote: »
    I'm on my way to England. I should have no problem getting my exercise minutes in because I'm going to be dragged around by my daughter for the next couple of weeks. I also think the food challenge will be interesting. I can't stand fish but I'm definitely going to try some English style fish and chips.

Have a great visit with your daughter and seeing all of the sights of England!! If you have issues with the spreadsheet, please post minutes/challenges here so we can get them entered for you!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Oh boy, I can't wait to do Challenge #2! To actually have to sit down and massage your own feet and not feel guilty about it. (Don't know why I would, but it's something I never make time for.) I had a 1/2 hour massage and a 1/2 hour reflexology session about a year ago. It was a gift from a friend. So wonderful! I was fighting not falling asleep during the foot part because I wanted to enjoy every second. Did I say wonderful?!

For Challenge #3 I think I will do something with beets. As a child I detested beets because I thought they tasted like dirt. I'll give them another try. :s

And just a laughable moment - the picture of the street vendor hanging over all the food bowls with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. Priceless!

• ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3:

Parsnips.

Man did I hate those growing up. My mom was an over-boiler. She destroyed parsnips, carrots, broccoli, and asparagus. YUCK.

HOWEVER, I decided to give parsnips another try as I have learned those other veggies on the list are far better coming from my kitchen than hers. Roasted Parsnips with potatoes and carrots. YUM. I have to say I don't LOVE them, but I like them, they have a different flavor. Definitely going to buy again!

-- does anyone know, do we need to tag missionenforcer for this?
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    ajfuelling wrote: »
    Challenge #3:

Parsnips.

Man did I hate those growing up. My mom was an over-boiler. She destroyed parsnips, carrots, broccoli, and asparagus. YUCK.

HOWEVER, I decided to give parsnips another try as I have learned those other veggies on the list are far better coming from my kitchen than hers. Roasted Parsnips with potatoes and carrots. YUM. I have to say I don't LOVE them, but I like them, they have a different flavor. Definitely going to buy again!

-- does anyone know, do we need to tag missionenforcer for this?

I almost said parsnips. I tried them about 20 years ago and thought they tasted very strange. I like most vegetables, but they are definitely a different flavor. I tried them again for another challenge here on MFP just last year. Still not a fan.

I don't think we have to tag MissionEnforcer, but he needs to verify before we get the official points.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't see anything about tagging MissionEnforcer, but he does need to verify before we get the 5 points. So @ajfuelling it looks like you did it correctly.

THIS IS A VERIFIABLE CHALLENGE!
    YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE

THEN (AND ONLY THEN) PUT YOUR “ 5” IN THE
    CHALLENGE #3 BOX (AT THE SAME TIME AS YOUR POST)!

IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY, OR YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT!

MISSION ENFORCER WILL VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE
    CHALLENGE AND “TURN” YOUR
    RED “5” TO BLACK. IT WILL THEN BE ADDED TO YOUR TEAM TOTAL.
    (PLEASE REMEMBER MISSION ENFORCER IS NOT A ROBOT
    AND THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN IMMEDIATELY!)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sad to see @Meowler go, but she has to do what is best for her!

Welcome to the Fab Fives, @ldrichmond476 !! We are competitive, so get those challenges done and this race will push you to do more exercise minutes than you've probably ever done before (at least it did me).

Well, I'm sitting here tonight with my walking boot on my foot. Decided I need to baby the foot ache in the same location as an old stress fracture a bit, so I'm looking up stretching routines and other things I can do this week. Thank goodness no walking or stair challenges this week. In a day or two, I'll see about getting the kickboxing video(s) done, but it shouldn't be a problem (I have an old kickboxing DVD routine that I've done before, and so I know the typical moves shouldn't stress it too bad). Just babying the foot a little bit right now. The foot massages will be nice this week.

So...I completed the food challenge already, since I'm on hold for the kickboxing one for a day or two. After travels abroad to Turkey, Korea, Germany, Israel, etc. There really isn't much I won't try at least once, so I'm not really "afraid of any foods" per se, but there are some foods I don't like (and find no point in eating since I don't like them). Decided today that it was going to be between Raw Tomatoes, Peaches/Mangoes, or Sushi (all food that I find totally yucky). Odd that I don't like raw tomatoes, since I love sauces, salsas, tomato based condiments, etc. Just can't stand them raw...I would say it's a texture thing (which is part of it), but I frankly find them unpleasant tasting too. Bletch!

Food Challenge:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED: Raw Tomatoes (hate them) :anguished:

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE: So, I tried some cherry tomatoes (had 5 from a veggie dip tray that I bought last week), and even after trying them tonight, they continue to be as gross to me as ever.

Details: Ate one plain, and it was all out yuck, but I got it down. The rest I sliced, and ate with some raspberry vinegar and mozzarella/jack cheese (sort of a mini caprese salad without the basil). Made the other four edible, but still pretty nasty tasting to me. :s

And I'm shocked at the revelation that @MissionEnforcer is NOT a robot!! Who knew?! :o
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

WEEK FOUR: TUK TUK TO THAILAND!

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 PTS)
    COMPLETE THE 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING VIDEO

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!” (10 PTS)
    VIDEO 1
    VIDEO 2
    VIDEO 3 - Completed Mon., 2/13
    VIDEO 4
    1/4

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 PTS)
    I'm going to have to really think about this one. The only thing that comes to mind is uni (sea urchin). Wait, I'm also not a fan of shark, turtle or rabbit, hmmm . . .

MINUTES/MILES
    13 Feb. 125 minutes (78 minutes walking + 30 minutes SworkIt stretching) + 6 bonus video minutes + 4 minute video (I want to visit but fear I'll break many of these rules!) + foot massage #3
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Oh, and I meant to say, you throw enough hot sauce or salsa on something, and you can eat just about anything. It's how I used to eat the fried liver and sauted eggplant dishes (separate dishes, not together) in Turkey.

It's also how I eat eggs now - with plenty of Texas Pete. But even though I don't like them, I eat them regularly so they can't really count for the challenge this week.

Korea is where I first tried sushi, and why I can't get it past my nose these days without gagging. Others on our tour loved it, but it wasn't something I liked at all. Sadly, they didn't have hot salsa in Korea like they did in Turkey.

Thank goodness most of the food in Turkey and Korea was delicious.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,274 Member
    Options
    Completed kickboxing challenge today. Wow - it kicked my ***. I've never done that before - worked up a great sweat and was actually kind of fun - I think I'll add this to the schedule occasionally.

Took Tony for a good walk and my heel still feels pretty good. Hopefully in another month I can run again! So - hope this doesn't offend anyone - but Tony has some serious hunting instincts - and as we're walking down the road, he'll stop, lunge into the grass/leaves/scrub along the road and come up with a critter. And then we walk along with a dead critter dangling out of his mouth. People drive by and wave and laugh. Unbelievable.

@RaeBeeBaby - I agree with you 100% - we need to get back to the top! My first race you all drove it home that the challenge points were the NUMBER ONE MUST DO THING because without all those we don't stand a chance. So assuming everyone gets all the challenge points this week, how many minutes will everyone set as a goal? My goal is 700.
  • Mrscanmore
    edited February 2017
    Options
    For challenge 3, I was thinking about what to try. As I was grocery shopping, I noticed that they had some fresh butternut squash cut in spaghetti lengths. We have a cutter that does that for veggies, but we've never actually tried it. So, thought I would buy that and cook it up like spaghetti! Had it for supper. There was a lot of complaints from my daughter. I thought she was being a bit ridiculous, but then I tried it and didn't really love it either!! I would like to try it again with zucchini instead!!
  • ldrichmond476
    ldrichmond476 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Oh boy, I can't wait to do Challenge #2! To actually have to sit down and massage your own feet and not feel guilty about it. (Don't know why I would, but it's something I never make time for.) I had a 1/2 hour massage and a 1/2 hour reflexology session about a year ago. It was a gift from a friend. So wonderful! I was fighting not falling asleep during the foot part because I wanted to enjoy every second. Did I say wonderful?!

For Challenge #3 I think I will do something with beets. As a child I detested beets because I thought they tasted like dirt. I'll give them another try. :s

And just a laughable moment - the picture of the street vendor hanging over all the food bowls with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. Priceless!

[I found some dried dehydrated beet chips last week and at Walmart and they were pretty tasty.]
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

pdh302ayu7km.jpg

For some reason I found this hilarious!

Valentine's Day, also called Saint Valentine's Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine, is an annual holiday celebrated on February 14. It originated as a Western Christian liturgical feast day honoring one or more early saints named Valentinus, and is recognized as a significant cultural and commercial celebration in many regions around the world, although it is not a public holiday in any country.

Hope you have a day filed with LOVE!

• Mrscanmore
    Options
    I did the first reflexology video . . . My feet feel really nice!! Now heading to bed so I can get up and run in the morning.