TEAM FIVE

Replies

• sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,965 Member
    WEEK THREE: RACING FOR THE GOLD!

CH #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB” (10 PTS)
    Completed Mon. 520 steps

CHALLENGE #2: “CRIKEY! SURF’S UP!” (10 PTS)
    FITNESS BLENDER BEG BALANCE EXERCISES (2X)

CH #3: “NOT TOO MUCH SHRIMP . . . !” (5 PTS)
    STAY BELOW/AT NET CALORIE GOAL FOR 5/7 DAYS!
    Completed 1/5
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    CHALLENGE #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB”
    2 videos + 1332 stairs
    200/ 1332 stairs complete

CHALLENGE #2: “CRIKEY! SURF’S UP!”
    Fitness Blender Beginner Balance Exercises x2

CHALLENGE #3: “NOT TOO MUCH SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE!”
    Stay under Calorie Goal 5 out of 7 days
    1/ 5 days complete

Minutes
    Monday: 90

• jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 2017
    I am having some issues with the spread sheet. I have been trying to change my exercise minutes from 15 minutes yesterday to 62 but I haven't been able to delete my original 15 minutes. If anyone can change that for me, I'd really appreciate it. For awhile I had 1562 minutes logged in for yesterday. I'm glad I was able to figure that out and change it back to 15. Lol The balancing exercises are right up my alley. I went for physio for a bad ankle last year and am supposed to do these kind of exercises every day.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    jackiep248 wrote: »
    I am having some issues with the spread sheet. I have been trying to change my exercise minutes from 15 minutes yesterday to 62 but I haven't been able to delete my original 15 minutes. If anyone can change that for me, I'd really appreciate it. For awhile I had 1562 minutes logged in for yesterday. I'm glad I was able to figure that out and change it back to 15. Lol The balancing exercises are right up my alley. I went for physio for a bad ankle last year and am supposed to do these kind of exercises every day.

I changed it for you Jackie. I've done this balancing exercise a few times before. It always seems odd to me that the most difficult one is the one where you turn your head side to side.

I got 940 stairs in yesterday and plan on completing that today.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the intro @Maidei!! Nice to get to know you!

@MiamiSeoul - lol...you know just the right graphic to post for me too. My DOMS is kicking up today after going to the gym yesterday for the first time in about 3 weeks. However, I desperately need to get a paddle in since it's been as long since I've been on the water. And good point about pushing myself...I need to do that today...push myself to get out there and stop making excuses.

Loving that one of the challenges is balancing, since I need that for SUP. People assume you have great balance if you SUP, but frankly, it's more about the board and its stability...and I have some pretty stable boards. So, I'm hoping the balance exercises will help me. Already dreading the stairs. But hoping to get them done (or at least started) tomorrow in town where I found a decent outdoor staircase.

BTW, just looked up the prices for the bridge climb...whoa...$230US/$303AUS for one adult to climb. Yea, I think I'll just stick to my local steps.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,246 Member
    G'day mates! and welcome, welcome to @Maidei!

I'm getting a slow start this week, but I am moving a little. I've been battling a headache since yesterday so that's putting a damper on my workout schedule. I'm slowly working on the steps right now just climbing steps in my house, and I commit to getting all the challenges done. I expect to be traveling Thursday and Friday so not sure I'll get the 700 but I'll do my best.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I may end up having to modify some of my regular exercise, depending on her recommendations. Nothing serious, but may have to cut back on some of the heavier upper body stuff and things like push-ups, planks and burpees. (Now that would just break my heart. :D )
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    The weather here is still supper cold! I took my dog out for a short walk this morning and then did some stairs and the balance video. We are running outside tomorrow, so hoping it warms up a bit!!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member

CHALLENGE #1: Completed Mon., 2/6

CHALLENGE #3: “NOT TOO MUCH SHRIMP . . . ” (5 PTS)
    2/5

MINUTES/MILES
    6 Feb. 138 minutes
    7 Feb. 194 minutes (150 minutes walking + 24 minutes day 7, Feb. challenges + 20 minutes SworkIt stretching)
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Great job everyone!!! I completed the stair challenge today... did 940 yesterday and 780 today. Also completed the balance video once and I'm 2/2 on my under calorie challenge.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,965 Member

CH #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB” (10 PTS)
    Completed Mon. 520 steps
    Tues.364 steps

FITNESS BLENDER BEG BALANCE EXERCISES (2X) 1X completed

CH #3: “NOT TOO MUCH SHRIMP . . . !” (5 PTS)
    STAY BELOW/AT NET CALORIE GOAL FOR 5/7 DAYS!
    Completed 2/5
  • Mrscanmore
    edited February 2017
    So excited! I've only been counting my steps up, but i just saw that I can count up and down!! So, now I'm almost done!! In fact only 12 steps left and I'm going to do them now!!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,092 Member
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Once through on the balance video (terrible) and some stairs (not so terrible), plus a few other things = 45 minutes. Not so bad for a day I wasn't feeling it at all.

Great job on a day of not feeling well...much better than me on my two headache days last week! Hope you feel 100% soon!
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    2/2 on under calories, 180 steps without even trying over the past 2 days, and won't have time for the video until... maybe Thursday night?

I have a very packed week and a weekend with 2 basketball tournaments in 2 cities (for 2 kids) and a Valentines Dance Fundraiser until 1am Saturday night.... (with bball beginning at 7 am Sunday morning ---- WAAAHHHHHH!) I have no clue how I am going to get any time for myself this weekend! Dancing is exercise, right?
  • Mrscanmore
    @myfeathers2 - I accidently changed your exercise number for today. Sorry!!
  • getsa
    getsa Posts: 98 Member
    I am sorry for being out! I was so sick. I am back today. Trying to get back on the horse. Post later.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,328 Member
    I really love that balancing workout - added it to my "favorites". Finished the 2nd time this morning. Calories - 2/5 done. Steps - 600 done.

Has everyone started their calories challenge? Today would be the last day to "start" to get the 5 days in. We need all those challenge points!

Don't meant to be bossy - just wanting to catch up with Team 1 and 4!!!!