TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    Way to go everyone for pushing extra hard!

On a personal note, my dad's biopsy test results came back and cancer hasn't spread! Thanks again for the good thoughts and prayers!

Fantastic!
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options

WEEK TWO: RACING TO LA RÉUNION!

CHALLENGE #1: "DANSES DE RÉUNION!" (10 POINTS)
    COMPLETED WED., 2/1/17

CHALLENGE #2: “RANDONNEE ON RÉUNION!” (10 POINTS)
    COMPLETED MON., 1/30/17

CHALLENGE #3: “NON, PAS TROP!” (5 POINTS)
    STAY UNDER CALORIE COUNT 5/7 DAYS THIS WEEK!
    4/5 Completed

MINUTES/MILES
    30 Jan. 124 minutes
    31 Jan. 157 minutes
    1 Feb. 92 minutes
    2 Feb. 122 minutes (65 minute walk + 15 minutes elliptical + 22 minutes calisthenics + 20 minutes day 2, 30DC)
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,713 Member
    Options

5/5 Complete

CHALLENGE #2: “RANDONNEE ON RÉUNION!” (10 PTS)
    HIKE TO CASCADE DU TROU DE FER (5 KM; 3.3 MILES) OUTSIDE!
    Complete: 1/30/17 - Neighbourhood walk (19F) 5.19 miles

STAY UNDER YOUR CALORIE COUNT 5 OUT OF 7 DAYS
    4/5 Completed
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.

5/5 Complete loved them .

Complete: did this with the dogs.

Completed it will be a 7/7
  • getsa
    getsa Posts: 98 Member
    Options

5/5 Complete

HIKE TO CASCADE DU TROU DE FER (5 KM; 3.3 MILES) OUTSIDE!
    2/2 Complete

STAY UNDER YOUR CALORIE COUNT 5 OUT OF 7 DAYS
    3/5 Completed

• Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I just saw that too!!!

Went to a friend's for supper last night and they ordered KFC! This is my least favorite food! So, I just had a little of everything and still came in under on calories. I was worried if feel gross on my run this morning, but still felt good :smiley:
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Hey Fab Fives... let's pick up the pace a little bit. There are 2 teams that have already made it to the destination.

I had a busy day yesterday with several appointments, so didn't get as much exercise in, but I'm still on track to hit the 700 max for the week. Videos and Hiking challenge is complete and I'm at 4/4 on staying under calories.

I haven't had a chance to check in with Zara and Vanessa, but I will do that now. I would like to reach the destination before the weekend so we can start building up bonus points, but remember, the challenge points are going to be killer this time!!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Rus, glad to hear the good news about your father also!

Sorry gang, I had another headache day yesterday so my minutes are going to be low this week. Hope to hit at least 500, but we'll see. Hope to get the challenge videos finally done and some solid minutes today, though have a busy day of work too. And I still have to get that battery from the auto store for my car (walked there yesterday intending to bring a new one home, but got told I had to bring in the old battery first for them to exchange it (argh) - though worth $130 to get a free battery, so worth another walk there today after I remove the battery from my car -- it better be the battery, just saying...not hard to remove/change, just a PiTA). Really need to get that battery changed so I can go paddling too. Weather has been nice this week, and I've frittered the days away...but all I can say is hormones...argh. It's just been one of those kind of weeks. I'm now behind in all my challenges, but at least have the weekend to make it up for them all.

Food has been fine. Thought I was going to be over yesterday, but managed to keep it under my calorie goals. So, I'm 4/5. So, there's that. Yea!

icicjrigel1e.jpg
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    @b3achy - so sorry you're still having headache issues. That's sure to put a damper on wanting to exercise! I must say I'm very impressed that you walked to the auto parts store with the intention of CARRYING the battery home!

I managed 120 minutes today - 90 at the pool, 20 dumbbell workout and 10 for yoga/stretching. Definitely time for a nap! We have plans for the evening so this is it for me for the day.

If the weather is above freezing I'm sure I can convince the husband to shoot a round of disc golf tomorrow.

I only need one more day under my calories to meet that challenge goal. Given that we're going out this evening, it might have to be tomorrow for that one.

Keep up the great work everyone!

88cafakfyio8.png

• MiamiSeoul
    Options

COMPLETED WED., 2/1/17

COMPLETED MON., 1/30/17

5/5 Completed Fri., 2/3, YAY!

MINUTES/MILES
    30 Jan. 124 minutes
    31 Jan. 157 minutes
    1 Feb. 92 minutes
    2 Feb. 122 minutes
    3 Feb. 104 minutes (51 minutes walking + 31 minutes Yoga with Adriene + 22 minutes day 3, 30DC)
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer, we can't input our points for the third challenge. The spreadsheet column is locked.

Have a great weekend!
  • jschmid2
    jschmid2 Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Everyone's doing such a great job! I've got to post my points for challenge 2...I couldn't remember which one was the walking outside one. We've fortunately had some 65 degree and sunny days earlier this week so that made getting outside easier. I should make the calorie challenge, but I think I need one more day. The scale was moving down today for pretty much the first time in 2 weeks so that's encouraging. :)

Go team!!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Argh...just typed up a long note, and it didn't post...sigh....

@RaeBeeBaby - I actually have a collapsible cart that is similar to this one from Home Depot...
    icmz0n2qie37.jpg
    Great for hauling batteries to/from the auto store. Also was great for groceries when I lived in DC and walked to the store.

So, today was a good catch up day...Got my AR dance videos done for the challenge. Did 60 minutes of my Gazelle (instead of my planned 45 minutes). Then took my auto store stroll to return the defective battery (still under warranty), and bring the new one home. After I got the new battery installed, I ran to the pet store to pick up some food for the beasts, and then did a much needed run to Walmart to pick up some other items I've needed since Monday.

Speaking of the beasts, I don't think I've shared pictures of my babies yet...

This is Holly. This picture is over 5 years old, but still my favorite. It was the first day or two she was at my house after I got her from the Humane Shelter. I think she looks pretty content...
    sgig1ba9azfz.jpg

This is Seminole. I got him the same time as I got Holly. I actually went to the shelter to get him since he had been there over 4 months, and apparently no one had wanted him. He was a bit despondent when I first got him (way underweight at 6 lbs, but I think he was mourning the death of his previous owner). It took me about a month or so to get him to eat regularly, and now I can't get him to stop (he's now over 16 lbs ~ overweight). I love this picture because I really thought he was going to fall off the chair...he never did, but I sat there a while waiting to try to capture it if he did...
    cmorwtyvogux.jpg

BTW, Seminole also loves laundry baskets...typically likes them better if they have fresh, clean laundry in them since I often find him napping on my clean clothes (I've learned to put a towel over anything freshly out of the dryer)...
    hkfwaxs78vt5.jpg

This is Sheldon...named by my friend for the character on Big Bang Theory, and yes, he's nearly as neurotic. I adopted him from her when she found out her husband was allergic to cats, and I didn't want him being taken back to the shelter (on a good note, I have a forever cat-sitter since she comes to watch him and the others when I go out of town for more than a day). He is essentially my shadow and follows me everywhere. I call him my 'cow'boy for obvious reasons.
    taebxjw7vaio.jpg

Oh, and Sheldon and Seminole have become bro-buds. Really surprised me because I thought Sheldon and Holly would be better friends. Here they are taking over what was supposed to be my desk extension at my home office. Clearly, fur beasts always win over human...
    qbyftx83vhfn.jpg
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Completed the last challenge today - which was #3 keeping under calories 5 days.

Also did another 106 minutes which I'll go enter in a bit.

@b3achy - love the kitties!