• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

#MondayMotivation

2a9llq27hxhg.jpg

• getsa
    getsa Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    LOL, I can't stop laughing right now. I saw the comments about requesting alpsie (new friend of mine). LOL I will have to tell him. I will try my best to stay on it!!! Thanks for the welcome.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul - I'm with you, this food challenge is a good one for me!

I went for my morning run and did 5.5 km, so done that challenge, and I also did I've of the dance videos before my run and one after! So now just have to really concentrate on food!
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I always end up really grumpy when the challenge requires me to walk outside. It has been so painfully cold, but looking at the weather forecast it looks like it should be borderline warm enough tomorrow, so here's to hoping.

The food challenge will be a good one for me though. It's always nice to have motivation to aim to stay under my calories each day instead of for the week. Part of the reason I'd been maintaining for about a month before this. :tongue:
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    getsa wrote: »
    LOL, I can't stop laughing right now. I saw the comments about requesting alpsie (new friend of mine). LOL I will have to tell him. I will try my best to stay on it!!! Thanks for the welcome.

Yea, he and I have been messaging about him getting on a team all week. I'm the one who originally told him about the challenge, so he originally wanted to play so we could be on the same team...I think he's hooked to just participate now that he's had a taste of the challenges. Was bummed to see him go to team 3, but I guess it's like a football draft. Soooo if you are 'replacing' him, that means you'll be getting 1000+ minutes of exercise this week right? Just kidding...sort of...we tend to be a bit competitive here after the last race. So...no pressure or anything. :)

Glad to have you here, @getsa. As Rus said, the challenges are critical to complete this week. Honestly, minutes will be secondary after we get to goal if it's a super long leg, which it sounds like it is.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get more minutes last week. Usually I can add on a lot during the weekend but yesterday was a complete and total bust. By the end of the day I succumbed to 2 margaritas. But - I have today off - the hubs knows I'll be working out this morning so I'm going to put a good dent in the minutes plus knock out the videos.

@getsa - welcome to the team!

Debating about the outdoor challenge - normally I would be all over that - but with this plantar fasciitis I'm not sure I should risk it. I think I'll go walk a mile and see how it feels. If it's a problem, I'll work out an alternative with hawkins. We got a couple inches of snow last night - maybe I can shovel snow for an hour instead.

I must say, I LOVE how competitive the teams were last week. This week it's OUR turn to be top dog!

qnelg7z6wt4w.jpg

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    Good morning Fab Fives! Thank you @getsa for your introduction and welcome to our team!

Well, team, we did really well...finished the first week in 3rd, just 15 points from 2nd and 20 behind 1st. We only needed 75 minutes more of exercise to get another 10 points. This next leg is even longer than last week, so the challenge points HAVE to get done.... less than 20 minutes of dance videos, exercise outside for 3+ miles, and stay under calories for at least 5 days.

Let's RACE!

I wanted to add one more thing... we need to do more than just stay close to the leaders, we need to win a few weeks. I noticed they are trying to reduce the likelihood of another tie... if the top teams tie for points, the winner goes to the team that won the most legs, so we're going to have to push ourselves a little bit more.
  • b3achy
    edited January 2017
    Options
    So happy to see the Fab Fives in first place when I logged in my minutes and challenge points for my 5K walk/run today...let's just make it easy on ourselves and stay right there all week... B)
    cookie-monster.gif
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    WEEK TWO: RACING TO LA RÉUNION!

CHALLENGE #1: "DANSES DE RÉUNION!" (10 POINTS)
    0/5 Complete

CHALLENGE #2: “RANDONNEE ON RÉUNION!” (10 PTS)
    HIKE TO CASCADE DU TROU DE FER (5 KM; 3.3 MILES) OUTSIDE!
    COMPLETED MON., 1/30/17 (5.6 miles outside at a local park, it was a gorgeous day!)

CHALLENGE #3: “NON, PAS TROP!” (5 POINTS)
    STAY UNDER YOUR CALORIE COUNT 5 OUT OF 7 DAYS
    1/5 Completed

MINUTES/MILES
    30 Jan. 124 minutes (walking at a local park)

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    The spreadsheet won't load up for me.
    Can someone add 313 minutes for Monday for me?
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    The spreadsheet won't load up for me.
    Can someone add 313 minutes for Monday for me?

Done
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Came straight home from school today to get a better start on this week -- I have a heck of a week ahead of me so I'll do my best. I'm glad I just checked the computer as I began my workout b/c I hate dancing so bad. But I gritted my teeth and did it. Also got 1.25 miles in today, but the sun is still elusive this time of the year and I live in the country so walking outside isn't safe. I'll do my best to get the other 2+ miles in ... sometime.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,732 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    WEEK TWO: RACING TO LA RÉUNION!

CHALLENGE #1: "DANSES DE RÉUNION!" (10 POINTS)
    0/5 Complete

CHALLENGE #2: “RANDONNEE ON RÉUNION!” (10 PTS)
    HIKE TO CASCADE DU TROU DE FER (5 KM; 3.3 MILES) OUTSIDE!
    Complete: 1/30/17 - Neighbourhood walk (19F) 5.19 miles

CHALLENGE #3: “NON, PAS TROP!” (5 POINTS)
    STAY UNDER YOUR CALORIE COUNT 5 OUT OF 7 DAYS
    1/5 Completed

• b3achy
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Week 2 Challenges

#1 - Was hoping to do the dance videos today, but my legs were killing me, so will save them for tomorrow or Wednesday once I have some time to recover from the weekend with all the step ladder climbing and the walking today. So, I just did some no-impact Glider/Gazelle for minutes, while watching TV and got some of my planks in for another challenge. TBD

#2 - Got the 5K challenge done today walking/running in the neighborhood (Hawkins does realize that a 5K is only 3.1 miles, not 3.3 as posted, right? I'm assuming a typo, but did 3.4 miles outside anyway). Done on 30 Jan 2017

#3 - Eating challenge is done for the day. 1/5 done.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Well, I need to get busy on the challenges tomorrow. I think the rain will be holding off until Wednesday, but then raining through the weekend with possible "wintry mix". So, while I'm not made of sugar and won't melt, it's a lot more pleasant to walk outside here when it's dry outside. Cold and rainy walk isn't nearly as much fun.

I'm excited for the dance videos. (Sorry @ajfuelling - glad you got them over with). I really enjoy different kinds of dancing from other countries. (Not saying I'm GOOD, but just think it's fun.)

Food challenge - definitely need this one to get back to logging. I've slacked off and not logged in my diary for the past 2 days, so yes. Thank you!
  • getsa
    getsa Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was super busy. Today another busy week but since you all are competitive, I have to be too.
    I will get some time today.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not reporting in on Sunday! I was trying to finish everything that was due for the classes I'm taking and forgot this challenge ends on Sundays, rather than starts.

Week 2: Racing to La Reunion

2 Videos : 7 bonus minutes
    Danseuses Sega : 5 bonus minutes

CHALLENGE #1: "DANSES DE RÉUNION!"
    1. LI TOURNÉ MAURITIAN SEGA (4:06 minutes)
    2. LI TOURNÉ - DJ ASSAD (3:36 minutes)
    3. DANSE TON MALOYA! (2:48 minutes)
    4. MALOYA (Plage de Saint Pierre Réunion) (4:47 minutes)
    5. PAPAOUTAI (3:31 minutes)

**I will try to work on these during the day at work- I could use breaks from sitting at my computer anyway. :wink:

CHALLENGE #2: “RANDONNEE ON RÉUNION!”
    Hike to Cascade du Trou de Fer ("Iron Hole Waterfall")
    5 KM (3.1 Miles) Outside

**I will complete this on Saturday since I already have a hike planned

CHALLENGE #3: “NON, PAS TROP!”
    Stay Under Calories 5/7 days this week

**I hate logging my food... lol I was over on Monday, so will do my best to stay under the next 5 days.

MINUTES
    Monday : 60

Tuesday goal : 108 minutes
    Wednesday goal : 108 minutes
    Thursday goal : 108 minutes
    Friday goal : 108 minutes
    Saturday goal : 180 minutes (Hike took us 4 hours last week, so planning at least 3 hours)
    Sunday goal : 30 minutes (Rest day - just foam rolling and stretching)