TEAM FIVE

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    @RaeBeeBaby - well, this is a classic example of different tastes because I did NOT like the Ode to Joy video only because of the music! I was a music major in college, big fan of classical music, and this version was painful to me. I hope I don't sound hateful because I'm saying it laughing - I knew I would probably be in the minority!!!

Usually on the weekends I can get a lot of minutes in, but just not going to happen this time. I'll do what I can tomorrow!

Maybe I didn't word it correctly, but I think we're on the same page. I thought the music from the Ode to Joy video was pretty awful, but I did recognize it. I was laughing because amusement helped me get through the workout, despite the silly composition. Now I can't seem to get it out of my head!!

60yecmj64oge.jpg

The little apple fitness was the one that I enjoyed and I will probably do that one again sometime.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited January 2017
    rusgolden wrote: »
    Hey all, I heard from deconstructed dancer this evening and she wants to step down. I have let the leaders know and we'll see who we get as a replacement.

Looks like we will get assigned a new replacement tomorrow to start week 2 on Monday.
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    :'( I want us to be 1st or 2nd :'(
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Hey all, I heard from deconstructed dancer this evening and she wants to step down. I have let the leaders know and we'll see who we get as a replacement.

Looks like we will get assigned a new replacement tomorrow to start week 2 on Monday.

Oh no, I hope @deconstructeddancer is okay! Best to you!

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,985 Member
    edited January 2017
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »

Oh no, I hope @deconstructeddancer is okay! Best to you!

I hope @deconstructeddancer is okay as well! Sad to see her go!

Sooooo...can we request my friend (alipsie19) who I told about the challenge? He's rocking the numbers on the wait list (though I have a bad feeling they will be giving him to Team 3 since they are struggling). He joined so we could be on the same team, but then had a busy week when they wanted a second confirmation from the new players, so he didn't get back to them until after the teams were done up. :/ He's a bit technically challenged (his own words), but teachable - he's figured out the waitlist spreadsheet, so hopefully that was his biggest hurdle in getting his stats logged, and shouldn't have too many issues with the regular spreadsheet.
  • b3achy
    edited January 2017
    Hey, for those looking for alternate workouts and workout programs, there's a pretty cool site called DareBee. I've not really used it much yet other than to post a workout or two to my challenge threads, but I love that they post everything for free and have no issues with you copying stuff. I keep meaning to start using it more regularly for when I run out of things to do...but seems I don't really run out of things to do that often...though maybe downloading a few of these workouts on my phone for when I'm at the gym, might be a good idea...since after my basic machine workout, I find I wander about trying to figure out what to do next.

Here's the link: http://darebee.com/ (it was formerly NeilaRey.com, if you know it by that name)

I like their workout plans and programs. I've not heavily reviewed the nutrition part of the site too much, but some of it is reasonable, and some of it seem a bit like bro-science...not much different than every other site out there including MFP. They do have some good ideas/tips about fast/quick/easy recipes.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    I didn't get any minutes in yesterday. . . at suffer and shipping all day. We should be back today early afternoon and I'll get the last video done and done extra minutes.
  • rusgolden wrote: »

SORRY EVERYONE! I hated to abandon Team Five.

This was my first time joining the Amazing Race challenge and I really wanted to get involved after finishing the Biggest Loser Team Challenge.

However, I quickly realized that this was a little too busy for me. Once I fell behind, early on, I knew I could not commit to all eight weeks.

Now that I know what to expect, I will be more prepared, next time. Thanks for all of the support. Team Five has a great team leader and some great members.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,696 Member
    WEEK ONE: SAY "NĬ HĂO" IN HARBIN!

Challenge 1- complete
    Challenge 2- complete
    Challenge 3- complete

Minutes/ Miles:

1/23/17 -75 minutes
    24 110 mins.
    25 100 mins
    26 95 mins.
    27 70 mins.
    28 120 mins.
    29 130 mins.

• b3achy
    edited January 2017

SORRY EVERYONE! I hated to abandon Team Five.

This was my first time joining the Amazing Race challenge and I really wanted to get involved after finishing the Biggest Loser Team Challenge.

However, I quickly realized that this was a little too busy for me. Once I fell behind, early on, I knew I could not commit to all eight weeks.

Now that I know what to expect, I will be more prepared, next time. Thanks for all of the support. Team Five has a great team leader and some great members.

Sorry you won't be able to continue with us, but glad you were honest with yourself early on instead of getting frustrated. Hope you come back and join us again for another race. IMO, this is one of the best ways to motivate yourself to push harder than you ever have before.

And you are right! Rus is a great leader!!

Well, I've done all I could. Finished all the challenges and maxed the minutes this week. My body aches, but it's a good kind of sore from pushing myself this weekend to get things done instead of my usual of sitting on the couch and playing online games. Though now I'm on the couch with my heating pad on my lower back. Let's get them Fab Fives! We're currently tied for third! We can get second if we push! Team 1 is being a beast again this race...they are pretty far ahead in first.

you-can-do-it-9.jpg
  • MiamiSeoul
    WEEK ONE: SAY "NĬ HĂO" IN HARBIN!

CHALLENGE #1: "MEET AND GREET!" (10 POINTS)
    COMPLETED 1/24/17

CHALLENGE #2: "XINGSHI IN CHINA!" (10 POINTS)
    COMPLETED 1/24/17

CHALLENGE #3: "THE YEAR OF THE ROOSTER"
    COMPLETED THURS., 1/26/17

MINUTES/MILES:
    23 Jan. 91 minutes
    24 Jan. 174 minutes
    25 Jan. 130 minutes
    26 Jan. 88 minutes
    27 Jan. 93 minutes
    28 Jan. 0
    29 Jan. 140 minutes walking, whew made it to 700, yay!

The numbers this week are crazy, all the teams are really going for it. Challenge point & bonus minutes/miles are everything this race! We're all going to have to crank it up to win gold this time!

Have an awesome week Fab Fives!
  • MiamiSeoul

If anyone is looking for challenges for February, go to:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10507477/february-fitness-challenges/p1

Challenges = Minutes = Miles!!!
  • Mrscanmore
    Let's go team 5! I didn't get as many minutes as I hoped this week! As soon as my girls are in bed I'm going to watch an episode of scandal and walk on the treadmill.

We're in third place now, let's try for second!!
  • jschmid2
    jschmid2 Posts: 1,041 Member
    Just finished all the videos and updated my minutes. I'm just getting back into upping my exercise so this was the first time in months that I worked out for 5 days in a week. I also have some stitches in my back that I needed to be careful with so I didn't get a whole lot of minutes. I will do the challenges each week, but I will probably not be getting max minutes. I do want to keep working out at least 5 days a week so I'll be participating. :smile:

Did an extra 6 minutes of exercise to bump us up another 10 points. We're doing great!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Well, I did it and finished with 740 minutes this week! Today was 155 minutes - a 10K walk this morning and another 45 minutes of disc golf late this afternoon. Hubby and I played on our property as long as we could even after it was getting dark. We finally had to get a big flashlight to find all our discs.

I think we did the best we possibly could with only one person not finishing the challenges. Next week will be even better!
  • Mrscanmore
    edited January 2017
    We are almost at 200% which would give us another 10 points! Anyone have any extra time for a few more minutes? I just walked 80 on the treadmill and I can go do some yoga before heading to bed.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    THE WEEK TWO DESTINATION IS UP!
    TIME FOR SOME FUN IN THE SUN!
    THE SPREADSHEETS WILL FOLLOW IN AWHILE!

:)B):)
  • getsa
    getsa Posts: 98 Member
    1. NAME: Gethsemani Palacios

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: Jogging and Weights in Garage

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE): Austin, TX USA

4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE (PICTURES ARE FUN, BUT NOT A REQUIREMENT): Home to the University of Texas flagship campus, Austin is known for its eclectic live-music scene centered around country, blues and rock. Its many parks and lakes are popular for hiking, biking, swimming and boating. South of the city, Formula One's Circuit of the Americas raceway has hosted the United States Grand Prix.
  • MiamiSeoul
    getsa wrote: »
    1. NAME: Gethsemani Palacios

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: Jogging and Weights in Garage

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE): Austin, TX USA

4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE (PICTURES ARE FUN, BUT NOT A REQUIREMENT): Home to the University of Texas flagship campus, Austin is known for its eclectic live-music scene centered around country, blues and rock. Its many parks and lakes are popular for hiking, biking, swimming and boating. South of the city, Formula One's Circuit of the Americas raceway has hosted the United States Grand Prix.

Welcome!

I'm sooo happy with this week's challenges, I haven't been as strict with my intake as I should.

Have a great week everyone!

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Good morning Fab Fives! Thank you @getsa for your introduction and welcome to our team!

Well, team, we did really well...finished the first week in 3rd, just 15 points from 2nd and 20 behind 1st. We only needed 75 minutes more of exercise to get another 10 points. This next leg is even longer than last week, so the challenge points HAVE to get done.... less than 20 minutes of dance videos, exercise outside for 3+ miles, and stay under calories for at least 5 days.

Let's RACE!