TEAM FIVE

Replies

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    @mvfeathers2 - you sound just like me about 9 years ago with running. I seriously could not run one mile and can remember very well the day I made it without having to stop. It was such an inspiring moment for me. A "oh my gosh I really can do this" moment. And now I've run several halfs and one full marathon. So keep at it - you'll get there!

@Meowler - the weight loss is really evident in your face - beautiful!

@RaeBeeBaby - you are a brave woman for taking on a Beagle. My daughter had a beagle. I had to take care of him for a couple weeks and I seriously made a password to some site "Rudyisapainintheass" - yes, the dog's name was Rudy. Most stubborn, obstinate dog I ever met.

• 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    WHERE HAS OUR AMAZING TEAM 5 GONE ???? :'(

5TH PLACE ALL WEEK ???? :'(

COME ON WE CAN DO BETTER THAN 5TH PLACE WE WANT TO BE IN 1ST PLACE ... DONT WE ?? :)

THE THREE CHALLENGES THIS WEEK ARE SO DOABLE FOR EVERYONE ON THE TEAM ?. :#

COME ON WE ARE A TEAM GET THE CHALLENGES DONE AND 700 MINUTES OF EXERCISE THIS WEEK IS SO EASY FOR US WE ARE THE SUPER AMAZING TEAM 5 . :D

TAKE THE DOG ON A EXTRA WALK .
    GET ON YOUR BIKE .
    JOG / RUN
    DO FLOOR EXERCISES
    JUMP ROPE
    WII FIT ...... SO MANY MORE EVERY 15 MINUTES COUNT .... :o

ps. don't forget to enter it on the spread sheet <3

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Thanks for the pep talk June!

I have started off a bit slower than normal myself with work being crazy busy right now, so not getting my normal lunch walks in. My minutes through Thursday is 288, so I'm hoping to end the week over 500. I had a couple of Clementines each day Tues, Wed, Thu, so the food challenge is complete. I have a couple more videos to do, but will get those completed by tomorrow at the latest.

After Casty entered her minutes, we have jumped up to 4th place... one step at a time and we'll be back on top!

@lja860813 (Jen) reported in to me this morning and said has been a hectic week for her as well, but she will be on tonight to check in to the team and update her minutes.

I have not heard from @vanessa40 yet except for her "Hi" at the beginning of the week... hoping she checks in soon.

TGIF everyone!
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    The weekends have potential to be longer exercise days for me, so I should hit the cap. Maybe. Probably. I just have the videos challenge left, almost done with that, I just have more time for it on the weekend.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,977 Member
    Woo hoo! We finally made it to Harbin!! So nice of them to give us a fireworks show too!
    image.jpg?w=780

@2016summerfun -- Thanks for saying what I've been wanting to!! But I know I tend to be a bit OCD with checking the spreadsheet multiple times a day and running the numbers and stressing over our position. I know others have more demanding lives than me...but have so wanted to post exactly that, but you did it so much more tactfully than me!! :)

Glad to see we've moved up to 4th place...as @rusgolden said, we'll move up one step at a time...(right now, it looks like we're really behind on the challenge points, but those should be easy to get finished over the weekend for those that haven't gotten them done yet ~ even have three days (Fri/Sat/Sun) if you've not started the food one yet!).

I've not delivered many minutes the last two days due to RL, but will try to work harder over the weekend to get more minutes. Not sure I'll hit 700, but I'll see what I can do to at least get over 500, and hopefully over 600 (which was closer to my norm last race). Of course, @my_butt already showed us how to get it done, so as @2016summerfun said, I'll just try to work in extra minutes here and there to get it done.

These next banners are really for me...must stop thinking and start doing...and since my brain isn't on in the morning, need to get better about doing more first thing in the morning...LOL
    3b0548107dd6e9d8470bef74e9771c0e.jpg

quotes2.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone! We are the Fab Fives! We can do this!!
    fg1o6g7qrjti.png
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Challenge 1

1. NAME: Vanessa

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: I love to run, yoga and lift weights

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE) I live in Fort Mill South Carolina about five minutes from Charlotte North Carolina

4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE (PICTURES ARE FUN, BUT NOT A REQUIREMENT)
    5. I am lucky to live in a country area not far from a big city so i have the best of both worlds. It's nice and quiet with great places to run.

5. FurBaby-My sweet chihuahua Lilly who since my daughter is now grown and moved away is my little girl.evz66ru0ie0v.jpg
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    I've done 3 of the 5 videos so should get the other 2 finished today. Plus I'll have more minutes to add later, as well.

We're catching up (I hope)!
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Hi everyone!! SOOOO sorry for the late post... I'm here, I'm here!! :) I am in my last semester of school doing student teaching so my life is a little hectic right now. I have been following along though and getting all my stuff done, just a little late logging!! Here we go...

1. NAME: Jen <3

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: I love to go for walks and runs OUTSIDE, living in the Midwest this is hard during the winter. I can't wait for the big thaw!!!

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE) Born and raised north of Seattle, WA but I moved to Minot, ND about 3 1/2 years ago.

4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE (PICTURES ARE FUN, BUT NOT A REQUIREMENT)
    Let see.. I love the town I live in. There is something special about living in the Midwest, there are so many good hearted people that live here. It also is an amazing area to raise my daughters in. It's a severe weather state so the harsh winters stink, but I love the hot summers! The town I live in is about 50,000 people. I never thought I would live anywhere except Washington, but now I couldn't see myself anywhere else.

Fur Baby:
    Here's Fletcher :)
    ihw989oatqyg.jpg

All videos done, I chose to do the morning warm up and stretching twice, to be honest though.. I had to do it with it muted. The sound was not "Relaxing" to me!! haha!!

I failed on the food.. sorry guys! I meant to get to the store to get food to meet the challenge and didn't.

So glad to be back!! I will head over and do my minutes now!! looking forward to racing with everyone :)
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    I'm done the food challenge. I'm loving the grapefruits right now!! I have 1 video left to do. I'm in the city for a soccer tournament for my daughter. I'll try to get some walking in!

@mvfeathers2 - you can call it running. Doesnt matter how fast you go. You are out there running!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited January 2017
    Challenge #1 - Meet and Greet
    complete

Challenge #2 - Xingshi in China
    complete

Challenge #3 - The Year of the Rooster
    complete

I just finished the videos this morning. I did all of them including the little apple fitness twice, which is still my favorite and so much fun! I laughed through the entire Ode to Joy. :D It started out so peaceful with soft music and birds chirping in the background, then suddenly the narrator jumps in barking out orders like a military drill sergeant while the sweet ladies in pink just keep moving. The background music was a hilarious mix of the old church hymn (Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee) then segued into accordion music from some French movie or maybe the German festival in my town. I know it's a Beethoven composition and I've heard it before at church and locally but it didn't seem to go together. I'd love to know what the Chinese words are that go along with that crazy mix!

I'm at around 585 minutes and am really hoping to make 700 this week!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    @RaeBeeBaby - well, this is a classic example of different tastes because I did NOT like the Ode to Joy video only because of the music! I was a music major in college, big fan of classical music, and this version was painful to me. I hope I don't sound hateful because I'm saying it laughing - I knew I would probably be in the minority!!!

Usually on the weekends I can get a lot of minutes in, but just not going to happen this time. I'll do what I can tomorrow!
  • rusgolden
    All videos are complete. I did the 10 min slimming dance video twice. I feel so much slimmer now :wink:

I had to run into the office this morning and it took a lot longer than anticipated, so not as much time to exercise. I got a good, quick 3 mile run, warm up/cool down walk, and the videos. I will do more later if I get the chance.
  • rusgolden
    Hey all, I heard from deconstructed dancer this evening and she wants to step down. I have let the leaders know and we'll see who we get as a replacement.
  • b3achy
    edited January 2017
    Congrats to @My_Butt, @2016summerfun and @vanessa40 for already maxing their minutes and getting all their challenges done. Well done ladies for already maxing everything out for the team! Inspiring! :smiley:

Whew, lots of exercise today (intentionally since my minutes have been lacking this week).
    - Started the C25K program ~ figured it would be good to do when I won't get out on the water in the winter. Hoping that if I get back to running slowly, I can get back at it despite my bad knees (I used to run 30+ years ago, but messed up my knees running on hilly concrete when I was overseas).
    - Also got some mileage on my glider.
    - And then spent three hours cleaning out some of my kitchen cabinets. Purged 2 garbage bags full of expired items. Rearranged 5 of the cabinets and 2 drawers so far (still have the rest of my pantry to go and probably a couple more cabinets). Tough being short ~ my back is now killing me from all the climbing up and down the step ladder (too bad we didn't have a step challenge this week, I probably have completed one).
    - Back hurts too much to try to do my planks today. :/

Arrrgh...got to remember to post some pix of my beasts. Keep forgetting when I'm on my other computer which is where the pictures are. Maybe I'll remember tomorrow.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    WEEK ONE: SAY "NĬ HĂO" IN HARBIN!

CHALLENGE #1: COMPLETE
    CHALLENGE #2: COMPLETE

CHALLENGE #3: "THE YEAR OF THE ROOSTER" (5 POINTS; ORANGE OR GOLD COLORED FRUIT)
    3/3; COMPLETED THURS., 1/26/17

MINUTES/MILES:
    23 Jan. 91 minutes
    24 Jan. 174 minutes
    25 Jan. 130 minutes
    26 Jan. 88 minutes
    27 Jan. 93 minutes
    28 Jan. 0

I'm getting to 700 tomorrow, WHO'S WITH ME?!?! Let's do this FAB FIVES!!!
  • b3achy
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    WEEK ONE: SAY "NĬ HĂO" IN HARBIN!

{snip}

I'm getting to 700 tomorrow, WHO'S WITH ME?!?! Let's do this FAB FIVES!!!

I'm shooting for 700 too! Assuming I can move tomorrow, I'll be doing more walking and kitchen cleaning. I think I'm more sore after today, than I was the first day I started back to lifting weights back in October. :s

We're closing in on at least third place, and I believe we can take it!! B)
    we-can-lmmiw7.jpg

Team 4 is making hitting second place a little tough, but at least they are giving Team 1 a run for their money this week! :) We still might be able to take it all once everyone gets their minutes and challenges logged. We're the Fab Five, and we're winners! We'll get the job done!
    x6sh79f6fw72.jpg