TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    @My_Butt I've heard Hocking Hills is fantastic. One of these days I want to take a few days, stay in one of their cabins, and do lots of hiking.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    @My_Butt I've heard Hocking Hills is fantastic. One of these days I want to take a few days, stay in one of their cabins, and do lots of hiking.

It's so much fun.
  • deconstructeddancer
    Options
    1. NAME: deconstructeddancer

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: yoga

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE): Nashville Tennessee

4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE: I currently live in Grand Rapids Michigan. There is usually a lot of snow, here, but this week, it has been weirdly warm.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Prayers sent up @rusgolden. Family comes first, so understand your priorities!
  • biketheworld
    Options
    @rusgolden - Sorry about your dad. Will say a prayer for you both.

@b3achy - I did not notice the change in max exercise points. Thanks for pointing that out. It probably will end up making the teams more competitive which is good.
  • biketheworld
    Options
    @deconstructeddancer - I grew up between Grand Rapids and Holland. Such a nice area.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    A tip I've found useful for getting the challenges done - if you're a person who likes reminders to do things, try putting it on your phone's calendar (or general gmail if you keep it up all day on the computer, whatever works). You can plug in notifications to remind you to do a video each day, or to remember to bring a certain thing with you to work to eat, or whatever the situation might call for. Especially while doing multiple challenges whose week timelines don't line up (aka one is Sun-Sat and one is Mon-Sun), this has helped me keep on top of things and make sure that I'm not missing out on points or forgetting to log minutes before the spreadsheet closes.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »

It's so much fun.

BTW, so glad you're back! I think you mentioned that you might not return for a January race. Hail, hail, the gang's all here!

• MiamiSeoul
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    @b3achy -- very good points for both our team strategy and info for the newbies... it can't be stressed enough how critical those challenge points are. For instance, once we reach our destination, then it takes an additional 500 minutes of exercise for 10 points, whereas, you can do this weeks video challenge in 37 minutes for the same 10 points.

Sorry, I had meant to post sooner with that info, but my head isn't in the game yet. My dad is having surgery this morning to remove some skin cancer and they will also be removing the lymph node that is feeding that area and send in to toxicology to see if it has spread any. Prayers appreciated. Thanks!

Good notes @b3achy & Rus. Newbies, please, please try to get 100% of the challenge points. It makes all the difference!

Rus, positive energy & prayers for complete healing for your father.

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Now for a more race related post...

Spreadsheet logging: Logging your minutes everyday is not necessary (unless you want to), but please don't wait until the weekend to log your minutes and/or challenges. If you don't have any exercise minutes for a day or (heaven forbid) you are going to be unable to complete a challenge, then place a zero so I don't pester you about it. The spreadsheet will close at 9 PM Pacific Time, so make sure you're getting those minutes in early enough in case there is an issue accessing it and for those that need verification from MissionEnforcer (ME) to give him time to do so. If you do have issues accessing the spreadsheet, you can also post those minutes/challenges here and a teammate can enter them for you.

Checking-In:I am going to give everyone until Wed each week to have "checked-in" either by logging minutes or posting on our team thread (here). If you have not checked-in, then I will start with gentle nudges on your timeline, and if not acknowledged with a reply, will send you private messages. I think that will help us be more accountable to each other and help us gauge where we are stacking up for the week.

Communication: We had really good communication last race and it really kept us motivated. Even if you're not posting much, try and come by and peek at the team thread daily as some will have some good tips on a challenge, etc. that might help you.

Looks like we are currently sitting in 5th place, but no need to panic. We still have 8 members who haven't added to the spreadsheet yet, so I know we will rally... because we are the FAB FIVES!!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Name: Karen
    Favorite exercise - I love to run! Wet just got a load of snow, so I'm also enjoying Cross country skiing and snowshoeing
    Where I'm from - Melfort, Saskatchewan
    Description - Saskatchewan is very flat (whick makes running a little easier!)! It also has extreme weather temperatures. It can get very hot in the summer and very very cold in the winter. Last week we had unseasonably warm weather and the score started to melt, but it snowed all day yesterday and now we have quite a bit again!! I can't post pictures from my phone, so I'll try when I'm at work tomorrow.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Hey all, the videos aren't too bad this week. :)

I ended up repeating the long 15 minute one, even though it was the same stuff done 3 times, because 1) I could do it all; 2) it gave me extra minutes; 3) I had a running dialog in my head of what each of the moves were called (can you guess which one got dubbed by me as 'tear your break away pants off and throw them into the crowd'?); 4) I could see myself as a Chinese Workout Video dancer - no smiling needed...lol. I even did the optional video and it wasn't weirdly crazy like some of Hawkin's optional videos in the past (remember the gymnastics one that she told us was 'advanced'?).

Day 2 of my mandarin orange eating is done. Will have that one wrapped up tomorrow.

Now, to see if I can hit the max minutes for this race...I know I had at least one week of 700+ minutes last race...

Yes, looks like the other teams are way ahead, but like Rus said we have a few that haven't logged/checked in yet. I seem to remember a lot of you are pretty busy during the week and log a bit later. I'm the type if I don't log it as I do it, I forget to get it in the spreadsheet.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Have loved seeing again where everyone is from, and loving all the fur baby pictures.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »

It's so much fun.

BTW, so glad you're back! I think you mentioned that you might not return for a January race. Hail, hail, the gang's all here!

Yeah. I was really down and depressed after my kitty was out to sleep, so I didn't want to do anything. But I'm working on regaining my focus and suppressing my antisocial behavior.
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »

It's so much fun.

Yeah. I was really down and depressed after my kitty was out to sleep, so I didn't want to do anything. But I'm working on regaining my focus and suppressing my antisocial behavior.

You've got this. Sending hugs!

• MiamiSeoul
    edited January 2017
    Options
    WEEK ONE: SAY "NĬ HĂO" IN HARBIN!

CHALLENGE #1: "MEET AND GREET!" (10 POINTS)
    COMPLETED T, 1/24/17
    NI HAO
    1. NAME: MiamiSeoul
    2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: Walking
    3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM: Born in Seoul, Korea; live in Miami, Florida, USA
    4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE: I live in Miami which is known as a flat, hot, tropical paradise. Miami has some of the best beaches, restaurants & shopping in Florida. Miami-Dade County is home to farms, the Everglades, South Beach, the Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat & Florida Marlins. Many tourists come to Miami to cruise, shop & play. Most recently, Miami has been in the spotlight because of the film, Moonlight, that was written, directed & filmed by Miamians in Miami. Other movies & shows about and filmed in Miami include: Miami Vice (movie & TV series); CSI Miami; Burn Notice and Scarface.

8mqqmxkkydga.jpg

wngryrgsk7j5.jpg

A view of Biscayne Bay, not far from my home. The water was like glass today!

I'm married, have two children and one inherited cat, Whitney. My other fur daughter, Bella, passed October 15th last year.

qavyd1vdo816.jpg

q4evs6l4ul12.jpg

Again, best wishes and may the best team (Fab Fives, of course) win!

CHALLENGE #2: "XINGSHI IN CHINA!" (10 POINTS)
    COMPLETED T, 1/24/17
    MORNING WARM-UP & STRETCHING (5:11 MINUTES)
    This could have been relaxing with the music, but the narrator's voice, yikes!
    CHINA HOME FITNESS PROJECT (5:32 MINUTES)
    This was my favorite.
    15 MINUTE HEART ROUTINE
    10 MINUTE SLIMMING ROUTINE
    OPTIONAL: LITTLE APPLE FITNESS (12 MINUTES) @hawkins410, this is TOTALLY a dance!

CHALLENGE #3: "THE YEAR OF THE ROOSTER" (5 POINTS; ORANGE OR GOLD COLORED FRUIT)
    1/3

MINUTES/MILES:
    23 Jan. 91 minutes (66 mins walking + 25 mins calisthenics)
    24 Jan. 174 minutes (109 mins walking + 15 mins calisthenics + 50 minutes videos (including warm-up & option) I timed myself & was actually over 50 minutes, I don't know how hawkins410 came up with 35.

• milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I am back!

1. NAME: Jessica

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: Ice hockey and Fitness Blender

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE): Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE (PICTURES ARE FUN, BUT NOT A REQUIREMENT)
    Currently living in St. Petersburg, Russia. It's on the Gulf of Finland. I used to be able to see the Gulf from my window, but not anymore, due to construction. The city is famous for its museums and canals. Some call it the Venice of the North.
    st%20petersburg%20sfeer.jpg
    st-petersburg-russia.jpg
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Hey all, the videos aren't too bad this week. :)

I ended up repeating the long 15 minute one, even though it was the same stuff done 3 times, because 1) I could do it all; 2) it gave me extra minutes; 3) I had a running dialog in my head of what each of the moves were called (can you guess which one got dubbed by me as 'tear your break away pants off and throw them into the crowd'?); 4) I could see myself as a Chinese Workout Video dancer - no smiling needed...lol. I even did the optional video and it wasn't weirdly crazy like some of Hawkin's optional videos in the past (remember the gymnastics one that she told us was 'advanced'?).

Day 2 of my mandarin orange eating is done. Will have that one wrapped up tomorrow.

Now, to see if I can hit the max minutes for this race...I know I had at least one week of 700+ minutes last race...

Yes, looks like the other teams are way ahead, but like Rus said we have a few that haven't logged/checked in yet. I seem to remember a lot of you are pretty busy during the week and log a bit later. I'm the type if I don't log it as I do it, I forget to get it in the spreadsheet.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Have loved seeing again where everyone is from, and loving all the fur baby pictures.

@b3achy, where did you read about the 700 minute maximum? I've been searching for it but can't find it!