TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    It's so fantastic to see where everyone is from. However - @milesaway61 I think you get the prize for "most exotic". At least for me. St. Petersburg sounds amazing. And...what in the world is "fitness blender."

@rusgolden - Zobrist is my favorite player. Not only because he's good - but also because he's such a decent human being. Class act all the way.

OK - gotta get off this computer, head downstairs and workout before work!!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I started off good, but I have the grandchildren with me they are both very congested so the oldest did not go to school Mon. and today the youngest is 3 1/2 he is with me weekly.
    I gave them both a lesson talking about China, we watched the videos and did the stretching together, and ate our oranges.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul The 700 minute cutoff is mentioned on the spreadsheet and refers to the amount that will count towards team points (it was 1000, last race). It does not affect the weekly power rankings. We are trying to force team players to participate more evenly, rather than relying on several power players to reach their destinations.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    It's so fantastic to see where everyone is from. However - @milesaway61 I think you get the prize for "most exotic". At least for me. St. Petersburg sounds amazing. And...what in the world is "fitness blender."

@rusgolden - Zobrist is my favorite player. Not only because he's good - but also because he's such a decent human being. Class act all the way.

OK - gotta get off this computer, head downstairs and workout before work!!

I agree about Zobrist! Was really hoping the Royals would be able to retain him.

You've not heard of Fitness Blender? OMGosh, where have you been? LOL. It is a video workout program that runs the gamut on cardio, strength, flex, hiit, etc. Although they have their own site, they also have a YouTube channel that I subscribe to. A good alternative if you're stuck inside or want to get some cross training in. :smile:
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul The 700 minute cutoff is mentioned on the spreadsheet and refers to the amount that will count towards team points (it was 1000, last race). It does not affect the weekly power rankings. We are trying to force team players to participate more evenly, rather than relying on several power players to reach their destinations.

Thanks.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,028 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sorry, just hit the thread @MiamiSeoul, but I see ME already answered it for you! Yea, I saw it at the top of the spreadsheet! Pretty sneaky because it wasn't mentioned anywhere else that I saw, though maybe they'll modify the instructions to point it out.

Well, I'm done with the orange challenge after having a couple this morning for breakfast/mid am snack. Since I got a huge bag, I still have a bunch left, so I'll probably be having them all week. @milesaway61, wish I could eat yours for you! I did see someone else mention cantaloupe on another team, so you might be able to do that instead. Personally, cantaloupe makes me gag, and I'd much prefer the oranges. Like Rus said, I'd check with Hawkins or ME for an alternate if it makes you sick rather than losing the points for the challenge, they will allow for alternates to the challenges if you message them.

So, as soon as I can log it...that's all challenges done for me. Now to work on my minutes...though I'm feeling a bit blarghy still. Wish this cold thing would be done with me (already had it for a couple of weeks). I've disinfected my house once already; wondering if I need to do it again.

We're still in 5th place. Looks like team 2 and team 6 are going to be super competitive this time in addition to the usual competition from team 1.

letsdothis.jpg
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Sorry, just hit the thread @MiamiSeoul, but I see ME already answered it for you! Yea, I saw it at the top of the spreadsheet! Pretty sneaky because it wasn't mentioned anywhere else that I saw, though maybe they'll modify the instructions to point it out.

We're still in 5th place. Looks like team 2 and team 6 are going to be super competitive this time in addition to the usual competition from team 1.

letsdothis.jpg

I'm in for 700 this week; I'll finish the last challenge tomorrow.

s15c3v5ak38y.jpg

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    You've not heard of Fitness Blender? OMGosh, where have you been? LOL. It is a video workout program that runs the gamut on cardio, strength, flex, hiit, etc. Although they have their own site, they also have a YouTube channel that I subscribe to. A good alternative if you're stuck inside or want to get some cross training in. :smile:

Wow - I guess I HAVE had my head stuck in the sand. Just went on their website. How have I not heard about this? Can't wait to try some of these out.
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender is awesome. I don't have access to a gym, since I work odd hours and the cost is more than I can afford. I discovered them a few years ago. I bought a few of their 8 week programs, which use the same free videos, but are organized by day for you. I highly recommend them.
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    WEEK ONE: SAY "NĬ HĂO" IN HARBIN!

CHALLENGE #1: "MEET AND GREET!" (10 POINTS)
    COMPLETED T, 1/24/17

CHALLENGE #2: "XINGSHI IN CHINA!" (10 POINTS)
    COMPLETED T, 1/24/17

CHALLENGE #3: "THE YEAR OF THE ROOSTER" (5 POINTS; ORANGE OR GOLD COLORED FRUIT)
    2/3

MINUTES/MILES:
    23 Jan. 91 minutes
    24 Jan. 174 minutes
    25 Jan. 130 minutes (two walks @ 102 mins + 28 mins calisthenics)
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    1. NAME: AJ

2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: Outside; biking, walking, running.

3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM (TOWN/STATE/PROVINCE) AND near Madison, Wi.

4. A BRIEF (OR LONG) DESCRIPTION OF WHERE YOU LIVE (PICTURES ARE FUN, BUT NOT A REQUIREMENT)

I live in a rural subdivision near a small town 15 minutes from Madison. I love the fresh air, and I have a lovely neighborhood. This is a bit challenging in the winter, however, as it gets dark very early and there are no sidewalks out here -- so walking/running/biking takes a hit particularly Dec - Feb. We are, however, over the solstice hump, so days are getting longer. Good things ahead!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,028 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @My_Butt - you are a workout beast! Congrats on maxing your minutes for the team already. Good to see you at the top of the individual progress list too! Way to get it done!

---

Low minutes for me today. Blargh. I at least got something done and logged, but have had an annoying minor headache all day. Hope to do more tomorrow!

Hope everyone is having a great week! We're half way to the destination!

BTW, they added a note on the totals tab of the spreadsheet that if there is a tie, the team that wins the most weeks gets the gold. Hmmm, wonder why? ;)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    @My_Butt - you are a workout beast! Congrats on maxing your minutes for the team already. Good to see you at the top of the individual progress list too! Way to get it done!

---

Low minutes for me today. Blargh. I at least got something done and logged, but have had an annoying minor headache all day. Hope to do more tomorrow!

Hope everyone is having a great week! We're half way to the destination!

BTW, they added a note on the totals tab of the spreadsheet that if there is a tie, the team that wins the most weeks gets the gold. Hmmm, wonder why? ;)

I struggled too much getting to the top last time since I didn't notice that list until about 3 weeks into the race.

It's so simple for me. I have an addiction to listening to Kpop and reading mangas, so I just turned that into a vertical activity. Whenever I want to read and listen to music, I use my weighted hula hoop.
    And the manga I just read (Doubt) was absolutely amazing that I couldn't put it down.
  • mvfeathers2
    mvfeathers2 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    1. NAME: Melanie
    2. FAVORITE WAY TO EXERCISE: Group Fitness Classes! I need people to stay motivated. My favorite class is group centergy. I also really love kickboxing. However, I am trying to increase my stamina and cardio by becoming a runner (or jogger more accurately) I would love to complete a mile without stopping to walk. I just think I'd feel really accomplished. So far I can go about .4 with no walking.
    3. WHERE YOU ARE FROM: Johnson City, TN - USA. Brn in SC, I've also lived in IN, NY, & VA.
    4. ONE OR TWO SENTENCES DESCRIBING WHERE YOU LIVE: I'm in the southern Appalachian (a-puh-latch-in) mountains, known as the great smokey mountains. Race fans are familiar with nearby Bristol & Dolly Parton fans would know us by Sevierville (1.5hrs south west).
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    And an extra post for disc golf and my fur babies!

4t4b4tibv7lz.jpg

9haw61mdwpdo.jpg

p5qk5t66u26a.jpg

n41oli0qfh11.jpg

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Zara... very pretty there in the winter! Thanks for sharing! What a great transformation you have gone through and you should be proud of that accomplishment!

Melanie... were you close to the area of the wildfires from a few months back? Was so sad the devastation the fires caused.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Heeeeey Fab Fives! My apologies for the late check in... I work in a tax office so it's super crazy right now trying to get W2s and 1099s out for all of our clients plus people wanting their taxes done and asking millions of questions. :lol:

Challenge #1 - Meet and Greet

NAME: D'Etta, but people call me Casty (shortened form of my last name)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: ....Have you heard of Beer Yoga?? Totally a thing- I'm not making it up. lol https://youtu.be/brrnlyaoR44

Seriously though, I like taking hikes with my kids- we might throw in some Geocaching on our way. Or regular yoga and foam rolling. I also like to lift, I just don't get a chance to make it to the gym very often.

WHERE ARE YOU FROM: I was born and raised in Houston, Texas.

A BIT OF INFO ABOUT WHERE I LIVE: Houston is the most populous city in Texas and the fourth-most populous city in the United States (so hellooo traffic!), located in Southeast Texas near the Gulf of Mexico (not at a pretty color of water). It's hot most of the year (like, 80°F on Christmas day hot).
    But with all the people who live here, it has to be one of the most diverse cities, anywhere! If you are hungry, there is no need to leave this city: We have 83 different kinds of cuisine available in the greater Houston area! Brazilian, Cuban, Honureño, Salvadoreño, Mexican, Columbian, Greek, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean, Filipino, Russian, Arab, African, and sooo much more! How can you expect me to NOT love to eat ALL the time?!

FUR BABIES: None here! I have 3 kids, and while I am an amazing mom to them... I can't keep a plant alive no matter how hard I try and the fish we had didn't make it very long... so I refuse to put anything else through the misery of my neglect!

Challenge #2 - Xingshi in China 2 of videos complete

Challenge #3 - The Year of the Rooster
    Oranges every day - complete (I LOVE when challenges in more than 1 group coincide!)