TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I got in over 3 1/2 hours of disc golf this weekend, so ended with 835 for minutes/miles this week. On a rainy weekend, the weather gods were smiling on us because we played both Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning with barely a sprinkle here and there. Then the heavens let loose with a real downpour on our drive home both days. B) Definitely need some ibuprofen before bed tonight. My right shoulder and hip are letting me know it was a bit much, but so much fun!

I was seriously coveting the Kimchi stew AND the sushi. I actually made my own kimchi last year and it was crazy good. I need to do that again! My husband doesn't care much for sushi, so I rarely eat it since we have most of our dinners together, but I do enjoy it. A little hesitant on the eel, but I'd try it once.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    v2e9u577gtfc.jpg
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

WEEK SIX DESTINATION IS UP AND RUNNING!
    :)<3:)
    DIVERTITI!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,140 Member
    Options
    So glad to see the food challenge is for drinking water. I've been getting lax on that again, and I need the reminder to get at least 8 cups of water daily.

Hoping the gondola challenge video might give me some ideas for an alternate work out when it's yucky weather and I can't paddle.

This is looking like another busy week, so my minutes might be low, but I'll be getting the challenges done.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

WEEK FIVE: VIAGGIA A VENEZIA!

***CHALLENGE #1: “VOGLIO UN GELATO!”***
    25-Minute Calorie-Crushing Cardio and Legs Workout
    Completed Mon., 2/20

CHALLENGE #2: “ . . . TAKE A GONDOLA” (10 PTS)
    "40-Minute Seated Chair Cardio and Strength Workout"

CHALLENGE #3: "ACQUA, NON VINO!" (5 POINTS)
    AT LEAST 64 OUNCES OF WATER/DAY FOR 5 DAYS!
    1/5; 15+ cups today (~120 punces)

MINUTES/MILES
    20 Feb. 114 minutes (25 minute walk + 34 minutes day 19 Feb. challenges + 25-Minute POPSUGAR Cardio & Legs Workout) + 30 minutes YouTube videos

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,274 Member
    Options
    Completed Challenge #2. Also went for a long walk - probably a mistake. Icing the heel now - this is the problem when an injury starts to feel better - I overdo and then regret it. Grrr....
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I'm having no problem with the water. The videos will be harder! We got back to our room last night at about 830 after walking all day and went straight to bed!!
  • ldrichmond476
    ldrichmond476 Posts: 157 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Happy about the water challenge, should be no problem this week, as my water bottle is an appendage to me. Even happier that the challenge videos do not appear to be dancing! There is a reason I don't do Zumba, I am so uncoordinated and I get no satisfaction from exercising this way. I did watch the active videos for minutes and got challenge video 1 done for my time today, since I'm probably not going to make it to the gym. Planning to do the 2nd challenge video on Thursday. Have a great week!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It has been a good start to the week for me. I was off yesterday, so got in 100 minutes of exercise including the #2 challenge (chair cardio/strength). I lift weights regularly, but it still surprises me when I do a different type of strength exercise than normal, how difficult it can be and I feel like a weakling. That chair workout was actually quite a workout for me and my shoulders...oh, my shoulders...

Today I am back at work and I hit the gym and knocked out the #1 challenge (leg cardio/strength) along with my normal lower body workout. It would normally be a run day for me, but I am doing a 5K on Sat, so have eased up on my running plan for the week.

Great job everyone... we only had a couple of boxes blank for the challenges last week, so hopefully we can get 100% this week. The challenges are SOOO important!!!
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Mrscanmore wrote: »

Karen, is this a secret code or something??? :wink:
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »

Karen, is this a secret code or something??? :wink:

It must be!! I don't even remember writing that! :blush:
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options

Good morning Fabs. I spent the day in the hospital yesterday. I'm not going to have major minutes this week. Working with an issue I've been trying to control for the last several weeks. Turns out my exercise may have been adding to the problem. Here's hoping everyone does a little extra for me! I should be back at it 100% next week.

Happy Wednesday!

BTW, did you know the EpiPen is $700+ WITH INSURANCE!!! If anyone knows where to get the best price or has a discount code/card, please let me know! Thanks.

• Mrscanmore
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Good morning Fabs. I spent the day in the hospital yesterday. I'm not going to have major minutes this week. Working with an issue I've been trying to control for the last several weeks. Turns out my exercise may have been adding to the problem. Here's hoping everyone does a little extra for me! I should be back at it 100% next week.

Happy Wednesday!

BTW, did you know the EpiPen is $700+ WITH INSURANCE!!! If anyone knows where to get the best price or has a discount code/card, please let me know! Thanks.

Wow! That's crazy! You to move to Canada! My husband's is $90 but free with insurance! Hope all is going well with you!
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday!

Wow! That's crazy! You to move to Canada! My husband's is $90 but free with insurance! Hope all is going well with you!

Yet another reason to seriously consider moving to Canada, LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• jschmid2
    jschmid2 Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul I thought I heard about a generic epipen at CVS...found this article http://www.webmd.com/allergies/news/20170112/cvs-price-epipen-generic

I don't know if that's helpful. I am fortunate to not need one so I didn't pay close attention to what was all going on with the price hike.

On a different note, I could not do the chair workout because of shoulder issues so Hawkins410 gave me a different workout to do. It was a Jessica Smith 40 minute indoor walk and ab and booty one. I highly recommend it if anyone's looking for a good indoor workout. I had to modify a few of the moves for my shoulder, but there was no way I would have been able to do the chair cardio one as there were so many arm movements.

The link for the video is in the spoiler section if anyone is interested. Hope everyone is having a good week so far!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    DON'T FORGET TO UPDATE YOUR WEIGHT, IF YOU WANT TO BE INCLUDED ON THE WEIGHT LEADER LIST!

ALSO, If you want to use the Weight Tracker, but DON'T want to appear on the Weight Loss Leader Sheet, message me privately.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    @jackiep248 - what a beautiful view and a lovely way to get a workout in!

Re: the EPI pen, I had also heard there was now a generic available in the US for less than half the cost of that price-gouging name brand. I used to have to carry one around for my son after a serious bee sting reaction (20+ years ago). Not sure how I could have managed to do that at the current prices. As I recall, the shelf-life (expiration) wasn't very long.

It also seems that I heard Americans can now get medicines from Canada or other countries as long as we have a current prescription. I have ordered some things off the internet in the past (a prescription eye drop that was WAY less expensive). I wasn't sure if it was really legal or not but I was able to get 6 of them for the price of 1 here in the US and it was the same manufacturer. So many dumb rules to follow that make no sense.