TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    ejdp254 wrote: »
    hey team, i am here , honestly! My miles are maxed for the week and i bought some ginger today to use in some soup i think, tomorrow! Great job on reaching our destination, cant wait to hit the beach and sink a few cold ones!
    0skn6btxshni.jpg

• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    ejdp254 wrote: »
    hey team, i am here , honestly! My miles are maxed for the week and i bought some ginger today to use in some soup i think, tomorrow! Great job on reaching our destination, cant wait to hit the beach and sink a few cold ones!
    0skn6btxshni.jpg

Funny how the bottles are always empty when we are at the bar!!! Great job Team! Now let's party like Team 1 does so well.
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I CAN SEE Y'ALL HAVE STARTED THE PARTY!:D

I WILL MEET YOU HERE:

bohsy26rg6pg.jpg

HE HAS THE RUM:
    heh3a40qmfaf.jpg

AND, AS ALWAYS:
    n4z0wdpwv8en.png

<3

TOMORROW WI BE DON WID DE CHALLENGES, YAH MON!:)
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    I wanna be on the 100% list! Ok.......I will start the yoga video now.....thanks for the push @hawkins410 . :)

wtbpzmj1v70v.png
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2017
    Options
    qal3ilz8jx7q.jpg

JUST SOME EXTRA MOTIVATION! :D
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Oh, lady.....you so motivated me. I am part of the 100% club! WOOOHOOO!

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    HE HAS THE RUM:
    heh3a40qmfaf.jpg
    And I thought I never really liked rum. Silly, silly me.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic

Here is Chicken Makhani recipe - Everyone is most welcome to try this

Ingredients
    3 Chicken breast - ( I use chicken breast because that is what my family prefers. The only dark chicken meat I eat is halal. Halal dark meat tastes very different)
    Red Chili Powder - 1 tsp
    Butter 1tsp - For basting
    Salt to taste

Marination Makhani Sauce
    Garam Masala 1 tsp
    Tomato - 3 ( Boil the tomatoes and make a puree in the blender. Take the puree and strain it through the strainer)
    Tomato sauce 2 cans of 4oz small ones
    Sugar - 3 tsp
    Honey - 1tbsp
    Ginger Paste - 1tsp
    Garlic Paste - 1tsp
    Yogurt - 1/4 cup
    Garam Masala 1/2tsp
    Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp (depending on how spicy you want it)
    Heavy Whip Cream small is fine
    Dry Fenugreek leaves/Kasoori methi dried 1tsp
    Butter 4 tbsp
    Salt to Taste

1) Take the yogurt add garam masala, ginger and garlic paste 1/2 tsp of both the paste, dash of red food coloring.
    2) Skin and Clean the chicken and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
    3) Apply the yogurt marinade on the chicken pieces and refrigerate for 3-4 hrs
    4) You can either saute the chicken or grill on it a skewers until done. Baste it with butter and cook for another 2 mins. Remove and keep aside
    5) Heat butter in a pan. Add Garam Masala let it crackle, then add Ginger/Garlic Paste. Cook for 2 minutes
    6) Add the tomato puree, tomato sauce, chili powder, garam masala powder, salt, dry fenugreek leaves and simmer for 10 mins. Add heavy cream simmer for ten mins. Add sugar, honey, red food color 2 drops and pinch of dried fenugreek leaves.
    7) Add cooked chicken simmer for ten mins on low flame. When done then add cream on top for garnish.

Enjoy the recipe.
  • CKS0806
    Options
    So that completes my 3 challenges for the week! I didn't get many minutes today - I barely slept last night so I was dragging today. But I did force myself to do a treadmill run this morning at the Y before work because I knew I'd be too wiped out to do anything after.

Now I'm so ready for bed, but my new springform pan came in the mail today and I had to try this low calorie protein cheesecake recipe community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake. It's in the oven right now and will need to cool so I won't eat it until tomorrow but the batter tasted delicious. I made chocolate with some chocolate chips in it. I hope it's good!

@aenglehardt347 that dish sounds good - lots of flavor in there.

@hawkins410 I'm so into those huts on the water you posted. Wish I could be in there soaking up the Jamaican sun. I'm also jealous of your hike with Tara - looks gorgeous! No spring springing here.

@smile_laughter - Mmm chicken tikka masala sounds really good too. I have a crockpot recipe for it that I made a few times this winter that was good and easy. No ginger in it though I don't think, but I'm sure that adds a lot.

@ka97 hope you can take a rest day and recharge.

I will have to try this cheesecake recipe.
  • CKS0806
    Options
    One of my friend is doing this morning detox. I am going to try it starting tomorrow. If anyone would like to try here is the recipe.

on8z8q39yu95.png
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team

qf3wq4ocku40.jpg

First excuse me for the low minutes this week I just couldn't find the time for it.
    This weekend I hopefully can make some minutes.
    We doing an amazing job again this week we are on pole position again (F1 language)
    We are the Lewis Hamilton off this challenge hahahahah I realize that this is a european thing you have your indian races and 24H of le man we have Formule 1 and our favorite Max Verstappen.

hahahaha Sorry @hawkins410 the guy is not really my "cup of tea" but hey there is more left for you girls....I have to be stoned like bob marley before I like that kind of man (I mean men with long hair before there comes misunderstandings) hahahahah
    And Ryan Gosling is to girly ohhhhh hear me with my big mouth hahahahah if I have all the choice of the world duhhhhhhhh

Anyhow we are the best again!!!This is a real thing to be proud of every wek defend our no1 position that must be a bunch of people that are full of faith and cooperation.
    Even with all the sickness we had we were the best!!

So let us enjoy and let make us up for the last week of this wonderful challenge.

k25on58cx09h.gif
    t4y3ii3tz0g7.gif

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I did Video 1 of Challenge 1. I liked it! I can sway my hips!
    It's been a long week but I am trying to get caught up today.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    tumblr_m8cthihOZP1r0rvwjo1_1280.jpg
    HAVE A BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,423 Member
    Options
    I'm maxed out on minutes so all I have left to do is challenge 3. Gotta think of what I can make that my family will eat!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    Did Challenge 2! Loved it! I wish my dogs were as relaxed as peanut was in the beginning
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    mts7471 wrote: »
    @katharmonic

@mts7471 - thank you! That sounds delicious and I will definitely try it. I also only eat white meat chicken.

The cheesecake turned out pretty well! I was impressed as I've only made cheesecake once or twice and wasn't expecting a whole lot from a lower calorie version. I think I rushed the cooling too much and it was not quite as creamy as I would like. I used chocolate protein powder and added chocolate chips. Next time I think I'd use vanilla and top with fruit.

It is freezing cold and snowing here and I'm completely over it. I'm officially on spring break and I want spring weather! Blah. I went to a power hot yoga class this morning at a brand new yoga studio - so the class was free for their opening weekend. It was great, I loved it and ended up buying a class pass. They also have a juice bar and I got a delicious smoothie. Then I went to the Y and did a 30-minute treadmill run because I skipped my long run this morning. After grabbing some lunch I got home and had to take Stella for a walk. Ugh, so cold. I should have reversed the order of all that and done hot yoga last.

Anyway - I've made it to exactly 700 minutes for the week, all challenges are done, and I'm about to take a nice cozy nap! Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    mts7471 wrote: »
    @katharmonic

@mts7471 - thank you! That sounds delicious and I will definitely try it. I also only eat white meat chicken.

The cheesecake turned out pretty well! I was impressed as I've only made cheesecake once or twice and wasn't expecting a whole lot from a lower calorie version. I think I rushed the cooling too much and it was not quite as creamy as I would like. I used chocolate protein powder and added chocolate chips. Next time I think I'd use vanilla and top with fruit.

It is freezing cold and snowing here and I'm completely over it. I'm officially on spring break and I want spring weather! Blah. I went to a power hot yoga class this morning at a brand new yoga studio - so the class was free for their opening weekend. It was great, I loved it and ended up buying a class pass. They also have a juice bar and I got a delicious smoothie. Then I went to the Y and did a 30-minute treadmill run because I skipped my long run this morning. After grabbing some lunch I got home and had to take Stella for a walk. Ugh, so cold. I should have reversed the order of all that and done hot yoga last.

Anyway - I've made it to exactly 700 minutes for the week, all challenges are done, and I'm about to take a nice cozy nap! Have a great Saturday everyone!

That's great on the yoga class!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3

I went for ginger like a lot of you as it was easy to find. By chance though today i found some shallots on offer and i hadn't realised that these were also called Escallions! So i used both in my carrot and coriander soup . ( plus garlic, salt,pepper, veg stock oh and some double cream ;) )
    When i first cut up the ginger i was really suprised by the smell - it was so fresh and zingy! not at all like the powdered ginger i normally use. I was worried id used too much until i tried the soup, then i though i hadn't used enough as i couldn't taste it initially, but after a few spoon fulls the flavour came through - really impressed i was!

I also added a few drops of Piri Piri sauce (made from African Birds eye chili as i couldn't find the Scotch Bonnet!)
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,001 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody, Somehow a post or two I made from my phone disappeared?? Yes, I will forgive you @hawkins410 I was with you guys on the six degree of awesome team and stayed with Melodiecum in the summer challenge when you and Steve climbed the Alps!!

My younger daughter is home from college and we are enjoying some shopping and hanging out. I did a short but tough 40 minute Zumba routine before she got up. --- I was going to try and persuade her to join my Saturday morning walking group, but everybody wimped out with the cold temperatures.

@katharmonic I will try that Cheese cake recipe. It looks great!

I know a lot of us have finished Challenge 3, but if you haven't ----a very simple and flavorful way to use ginger is stir ginger paste into lime or lemon juice and marinate fish. I made tilapia the other day. I had the fish in the marinate for a few minutes before I rolled it in four with other spices. Then I pan "fried" it with cooking spray. Easy and delicious.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,001 Member
    Options

REMEMBER!!!!

b4pyq5r9qstb.jpg

This one may be won on miles! The challenges are very doable for EVERYONE. I wouldn't be surprised if we see other teams at our goal of 100% challenges. SO KEEP on KEEPING on!!! THE RESULTS ARE NOT FINAL UNTIL THE SPREADSHEET IS CLOSED!!