TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I did a 5K this morning but I'm not sure what I'm going to do for my other challenge yet so I'm holding off on choosing which 5K I did!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,970 Member
    Options
    @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn you truly are super woman
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Winter storm Stella is raging along here!
    hswf4vupwcaj.jpg

I managed to get out of the house this morning and go to a group indoor track running workout. It was great because only 2 other people showed up and I got a lot of time talking with the coach. Then I got home and ate some lunch before heading out with Stella, the dog, into Stella, the storm. We had a pretty but tough hike in the snow. It was so quiet and beautiful in the woods. We saw a really big coyote that made me a bit nervous but was gorgeous to see against the snow. Thankfully she kept moving the other way because he/she and Stella definitely saw each other. I would never have seen it without the snow.

@MimiOfTheLusciousLawn wowee on cranking out those stairs! My quads ache in sympathy.

@ejdp254 great job on your Iditarod.
    @cardbucfan good job on your 5k too!

All the veggies are sounding good! I need to start working on dinner!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @120maggie: I LOVE YOUR PICTURES OF COBH! THAT HOUSE LOOKS BIG ENOUGH FOR THE WHOLE TEAM!
    PARTY AT YOUR HOUSE AS SOON AS WE ARRIVE ON SHORE! :)

@junodog1: NOPE, SORRY, THAT MARGARITA DOESN'T COUNT! LOVE THE CREAIVITY THOUGH! ;)

@katharmonic: A STORM NAMED AFTER STELLA! HOW COOL IS THAT?!
    SHE IS SO ADORABLE IN HER OWN STORM! <3
    hqc5wfw7vx6q.gif

@Vowder: NOW THAT THE PUPPIES ARE GONE, IT LOOKS LIKE @mamaelf2008 GAVE YOU ANOTHER "HANDFUL"! :D

HOW DO YOU ALL KNOW I'M NOT PLANNING A "BONUS POINT" JIG STARTING TOMORROW?!
    5hv9jhu6nk6g.gif
    WHO IS MELLOW NOW?! *mutter mutter*

KEEP UP WITH THE GREAT WORK TEAM! LAST WEEK WE HIT 1300 POINTS - AN ALL TIME HIGH!
    ******LET'S BEAT IT!
  • katharmonic
    Options
    Challenge #1 completed

I chose the Iditarod 10.49 miles from the Alaska leg last week. I'm trying to meet my goal of running 95 miles this month so I needed the miles anyway and it is appropriately Alaskan out there right now! I ran 2.6 miles yesterday and 5.0 miles today (both indoor) and I hiked with Stella outdoors for 2.8 miles yesterday and 2.5 miles today. So the total came to over 12 miles.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    8zccma4d877l.jpg
    [img]https://us.v- cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/a5/jomlwk457zx9.jpg[/img]
    79y7bf4p4rq6.jpg

Challenge 3-
    Green green and more green
    Cabbage casserole
    Chicken n Cauliflower Rixe with Broccoli
    Kiwi
    Geeen grapes
    And that salad mix has Brussel sprouts, kale, cabbage, romaine and green onions

I think I just Nailed Challenge 3!!!! And everything was healthy!! Wanted to have green gummy worms but didn't want to get poopooed by his majesty!!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    For challenge 1 I will be doing the Sydney Bridge Climb. I'll be finished with it tomorrow. I'm up to 948. I like taking the stairs instead of elevators so my work makes it easy to get the challenge done.

Not sure about Challenge 2 yet
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @mamaelf2008: You definitely nailed Challenge #3. That is a whole lotta green! :)
    Yes, "His Majesty" would have poopooed the Green Gummy Bears. He even turned down my Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream! :o

@ejdp254: I'm not sure if riding your bike will count for the Iditarod! I won't be able to find out until tomorrow, so maybe you might want to start another challenge just in case *HE* won't accept it.

PLEASE STAY AND SAFE IN THIS STORM! <3
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    @mamaelf2008: You definitely nailed Challenge #3. That is a whole lotta green! :)
    Yes, "His Majesty" would have poopooed the Green Gummy Bears. He even turned down my Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream! :o

@ejdp254: I'm not sure if riding your bike will count for the Iditarod! I won't be able to find out until tomorrow, so maybe you might want to start another challenge just in case *HE* won't accept it.

PLEASE STAY AND SAFE IN THIS STORM! <3

You could always put a few sprigs of mint on top of your ice cream to make it legal! Hahahaa just kidding
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3
    Green vegetables this week (thus far!) - green bell peppers, cucumbers, celery, broccoli, spinach, avacado
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Snowstorm Stella hit here today as well! I think we've gotten about 13 inches, with the possibility of a couple more overnight. I had hoped for a pre-blizzard run this morning, but the storm snuck in sooner than expected.
    I haven't decided what challenges to do yet this week - will wait until I know how many miles I can get in tomorrow. But I can guarantee it won't be dancing! Maybe I'll start counting stairs, just in case.
    @120maggie I am both shocked and relieved @hawkins410 did not torture us with Irish step dancing!!!!! Must be my lucky week!
  • katharmonic
    Options
    Challenge 2 completed:

I chose the Recovery Day Routine from last week in Jamaica because I felt really sore from my run workout and tromping through the snow earlier today. It felt really good to stretch, especially my calves. And I just love the beginning with twisting and flailing the arms. I feel like a little kid when I do that.
  • katharmonic
    Options
    Challenge #3 completed:

I had:
    spinach - twice, once in a smoothie and tonight in a spinach, chicken, and mushroom lasagna that I made (tried a new recipe and it turned out pretty well!).
    avocado - twice, once on my taco plate and today in an egg, bacon, avocado and cheese sandwich
    brussel sprouts - roasted with taco seasoning and eaten with taco meat
    baby lettuce mix - big side salad tonight with my lasagna

And I have leftovers of all of that so I will be eating green all week.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,970 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1
    Week 4 Thailand.
    Kickboxing
    I like how quickly the cardio session goes by and that kickboxing works my trouble spots. abs and flabby arms.
    (Also for the fun of it I did the Jamaican week 7 video)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

CHALLENGE #3
    This should make @MissionEnforcer happy
    So far I have eaten many green foods this week. More than the required five and I am just starting for the week.

Yesterday I had several different leafy greens in my salad. Plus I had wasabi for my seared tuna.

Today I had six green things.
    • For Breakfast I had a fruit salad which included two GREEN things - Kiwi and Thompson Grapes.

4q9hdmhwo77q.jpg
    • For lunch I stole a little of my husbands left over scallop and shrimp pasta. The toppings included Artichoke. No picture of that.
    • This evening I made the Jamaican Curry Chicken. It had scallions in the vegetable; also included many of those Jamaican spices from last week. We also had Lime cilantro rice. (We'll keep these recipies.)

z9znd1khlgug.jpg

Looking forward to fitting more green things in. In the house I've still got spinach, cucumbers, zucchini, peas, green beans, celery, bell peppers and alfalfa sprouts.

And that old container of sour cream is looking a little green..... :o
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    All videos completed while staying active today
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

Challenge #2
    Sabai (Relax!) Your feet! -
    Tuk Tuk to Thailand. I chose this challenge because standing on your feet all day and with workouts by the end of the day I need time to relax my feet. At night before I go to bed I give myself a little treat massaging my feet which makes me feel good and relaxed.
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Got some minutes in today! Hoping to knock Challenges out tomorrow! Spring cleaning is keeping me busy.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Did 5K today, but I am not sure what challenge I am going to apply it to yet. I don't know what my second challenge pick will be. The foot massage is appealing.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    CHALLENGE #2

"TEK IT EASY MON" (JAMAICA - WEEK 7)

I chose this challenge to loosen up some tight muscles and because Peanut cracks me up! :)