So I'm Eating More and That's A Good Thing :)

Options
MeenaKnows
MeenaKnows Posts: 10 Member
Hi Everyone,

Just checking in. So, I've been progressively eating more for the past 3 days. I have reached 2000 calories. Need to climb my way up to 3000. I plan to get there in the next 10 days. Yes, the scale has crept up but no where near as much as I had originally feared.

I know it is still early on in my metabolism reset journey but a number of things are making themselves apparent:
  1. Eating more calories in a healthy way is difficult "volume" wise. I am still feeling a bit incredulous about the quantity I will need to build up to.
  2. I feel good. I am energized beyond anything I have experienced lately.
  3. I "attack" my workouts. I no longer am "hoping" to make it to the end.
  4. My Taekwondo and HIIT instructors are astonished by the amount of progress in strength, stamina and endurance that I have been able to display in what seemed like an overnight transformation for them.
  5. I now workout with a smile on my face.

As I am undergoing this metabolism reset, I feel that my body is fast at work laying out plans to "refigure" out its needed composition.

Cheers!
Meena

Replies

• Curel23
    Curel23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome! How do you do a metabolism reset?
  • sy_19440
    sy_19440 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree. I'm feeling so much better eating the extra calories and I'm not worrying about the scale.
  • scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to the reset guide. There's lots of other information on the site too.
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just yes. So good to hear about others eating more. That you feel better and others are noticing says it all.
    Just on your first point about getting your calories in a healthy way creating volume. I experienced this too during reset and over time I had to reevaluate what "healthy way" meant. Sometimes that meant getting rid of low fat products for real, higher calorie options. Sometimes it has meant a big bowl of ice cream. Sometimes it has meant beef steak with decent fat marbling instead of the steamed white fish. A big part of resetting is retraining your mind.
  • rhbrand
    rhbrand Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping up my calories as well. 1900 and going up in Feb to 2000. Its so freeing to eat food! And have more energy!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    It can seem overwhelming at first the amount of calories to eat!
    Try to go for calorie dense options like nuts, nut butters, avocados full fat versions of cheese, milk etc.
    @Firefly0606 had some great suggestions!
    That way you can get the calories in without the volume, and yes, there's always ice cream!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL