Test day Drama

Options
2»

Replies

• jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Thought to post an update here on how it went after my holiday. I did W1D1 of cycle 5 this morning, using the exact same weights as previous cycle. It was still very hard though. So this Wednesday I will re-take my 10rm test after all and start cycle 5 for real next Saturday. Guess the extra rest and food wasn't quite enough to get me out of this lifting regression.

If you're still cutting then you're also at the point where it's going to be much harder and take much longer to progress. It'll still happen, but especially once your 10 RM (week 3) feels hard for every exercise, this program gets brutal at a calorie deficit. :)
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately eating at a deficit probably isn't the cause of my troubles, I've been maintaining since February. Since yesterday I'm cutting again though, to get into the right BF% range for bulking this fall. I think the most probable cause is prolonged work related stress. Can't change that easily though... :grumble:
  • jasonheyd
    Options
    Unfortunately eating at a deficit probably isn't the cause of my troubles, I've been maintaining since February. Since yesterday I'm cutting again though, to get into the right BF% range for bulking this fall. I think the most probable cause is prolonged work related stress. Can't change that easily though... :grumble:

Yeah, I've been there as well. Best remedy for that is probably a little more sleep, assuming work stress isn't waking you up in the middle of the night. Winning lotto ticket might be a better bet. ;-)
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options

Yeah, I've been there as well. Best remedy for that is probably a little more sleep, assuming work stress isn't waking you up in the middle of the night. Winning lotto ticket might be a better bet. ;-)
    Well, if you know where I could get a winning ticket :laugh:
  • jasonheyd
    Options
    Well, if you know where I could get a winning ticket :laugh:

If I find out, you'll be the second to know. ;-)