Introduction & would love friends :)

Options
Hey everyone. I'm 33 and 340lbs. This is my second time trying to lose weight with calorie counting only this time I've added going to the gym. Last year I got off my path of weight loss because I was finding the calorie counting very stressful and at the time I was also planning my wedding. I think the stress of it all really just got to me. I initially lost 35 lbs. now I have managed to put 25 lbs back on since after my wedding in sept.
What's different this time around? Well I'm motivated and I'm only doing it for myself this time not for my wedding. I joined the gym 2 weeks ago. I'm committed to going. I'm working on making it apart of my routine. I made a new account on this app. New beginnings and all.
I'm definitely an emotional and boredom eater. These are both challenges I need to overcome.

I remember having friends on here being very motivating so if you all need another friend I would love to have some!
Thanks everyone!!

Replies

• ShaDucky
    ShaDucky Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey just added you. I'll be 30 in March. I started in july at 370something. Im right at 350...long frustrating road
  • chels5988
    chels5988 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Im 31 and currently 320.
    Congrats on the wedding! Thats so exciting!
    Im a boredom eater too

Also, crochet keeps me happy too. If only that burned a tonne of calories lol
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group :) i am for the first time in years under 300 lbs. It has taken me a long and slow time but i wanted to male sure my changes stuck.

I crochet too... I taught myself two years ago to help deal with anxiety. It helps with weight loss... I cant eat chips and crochet at the same time it gets messy lol.
  • OrlaKane339
    OrlaKane339 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey

I'm 37 and currently on maternity leave with my 9 month old boy. I started in October 16 at 339lbs and I've lost 37lbs so far predominantly through eating properly and counting my calories as I injured my knee in November.

I've just started back at my fitness classes, 3 times a week so that's definitely helping to get me more active and keep me away from the fridge. I'm most definitely a boredom eater so I try to leave laundry until the evening time which is a really dangerous time for me. I keep myself busy until I don't feel hungry any more.

Feel free to add me, I'm always happy to support others going through the same struggle as myself.

Alas, I don't crochet but I do try to add a sense of humour to make our days a little lighter.

:-)
  • MissBecca145
    MissBecca145 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome! We're already friends on here :)
    I'm 30 in 3 weeks - eek!
  • crochetkeepsmehappy
    crochetkeepsmehappy Posts: 81 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Yes crocheting certainly helps with the not snacking. It definitely improved my depression as well. (The flowers in my picture I crocheted for my wedding)
    I'm glad I'm not on this journey alone
  • bob_mck
    bob_mck Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi all! i am 27 and currently at 299 lbs after stating out at 326 lbs. it would be great to meet people who are on a similar journey to me. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sarahyourprincess
    sarahyourprincess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I added you also 33 and about 335/340