Is it Hail Trump or President Trump ?

Options
TARGET65K
TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
I have so many questions after the election of Trump.
Do they really think that Gays can be shocked back to normal ?
After they use" waterboarding and a hell of a lot worse" " on all the bad people", will the Journalist of "fake news" be classed as" bad people" ?
Why is Mad Dog James Mattis considered the most sane in Trump administration ?
Is the road to Trumpism /Fascism the same road ?

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I have to just say this: I'm scared, and I'm a white middle-class man. I can't imagine what it is like for women and racial and ethnic minorities.

If a law is passed requiring Muslims to "register" (one of the things hinted at during the campaign), I will plan to register in solidarity (I will continue to eat bacon regardless).

The most scary part is that I have type 1 diabetes and need insulin to live. Prior to Obamacare, I was covered as a kid under my dad's group policy from work when HIPPA was enacted. HIPPA is not just privacy, but also "portability" of group plans. My pre-existing condition was always covered because I worked FT starting at age 21 (when my dad's plan kicked me off) and transferred from his group policy to my new employers. I've always worked for a company that offered group coverage (or bought COBRA when unemployed) in order to continue coverage in group plans without more than a 60 day gap.

Obamacare brought forward the option to get individual coverage for my pre-existing condition. I'm not a risk taker, but if I wanted to be self-employed, at least now I have the option. My concern is what the repeal of Obamacare means. Do they intend to write legislation that also repeals the requirement to cover pre-existing conditions for group plan portability allowed under HIPPA? Will they allow pre-existing condition exclusions even under existing plans - so next year when I renew under the same employer's plan, will diabetes needs be covered?

These things are important to me because despite having a decent (not great, but not bad) wage, I can't afford full prices of insulin, glucose testing supplies, insulin delivery supplies, and medications. Without insulin, I start getting sick within a couple hours and I'm dead within a couple days.

In short, it is completely possible that the Trump agenda could kill me. And while the Trump threat is much more imminent for Muslims, Hispanics, etc., I'm still scared.
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Donald Trump cares only about what will bring him the most glory and adoring fans, not what is actually best for the country. This is the first time I have actually been terrified of what is going to happen. He is likely to start a war with his big stupid mouth, and my kids are all of just the right age to be drafted. I can only hope he does something ridiculous enough to get him impeached right away.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am watching this unfold in Canada with horror. It feel surreal.
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I may not of liked some of the actions of previous presidents but this is the first time I have actually been afraid of what is going to happen.
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Alassonde wrote: »
    Donald Trump cares only about what will bring him the most glory and adoring fans, not what is actually best for the country. This is the first time I have actually been terrified of what is going to happen. He is likely to start a war with his big stupid mouth, and my kids are all of just the right age to be drafted. I can only hope he does something ridiculous enough to get him impeached right away.

Yes he may start a war, but not with his big stupid mouth. It will be well planned to ensure his Second Term in office. Look up Steve Bannon Trumps personal adviser. He is a strange person !!!!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    TARGET65K wrote: »

Alassonde wrote: »

Yes he may start a war, but not with his big stupid mouth. It will be well planned to ensure his Second Term in office. Look up Steve Bannon Trumps personal adviser. He is a strange person !!!!

Would not be surprised - Going to war is what kept the iron lady longer in office than her policies