Anyone active?

Options
I've just discovered this group. I'm doing the low FODMAP diet for my IBS symptoms and it's working great! Is anyone active in the group?

Replies

• shalisa7
    shalisa7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi I was diagnosed two weeks ago with IBS (constipated ) I am on fibregel but also trying a low fodmap diet. I feel so much better but not sure if its the meds or the food yet. Have lost 5llb though so maybe eating the gluten free bread and no pastries etc has other benefits as well.
  • greencar98
    greencar98 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    After battle IBS for 20 years with no solutions I have finally been presented the FODMAP diet. It seems to be helping, but have only followed it for one week now. I am planning to continue and find it to be getting easier. Anyone have tips for success?
  • jeamniulsy1983
    jeamniulsy1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello - I was put on a No FODMAP diet about 6 months ago, fighting with IBS, CIC, and Mesenteric Panniculitis. I am having difficulties finding variety in this diet and thought joining a few groups might help.
  • tellerie
    tellerie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too was advised to try the FOMAP diet but being a mom I’m struggling to find the time to cook from scratch as everything has wheat in it. Looks like dairy is a trigger but lactose free seems to be a good alternative
  • SFBoomr
    SFBoomr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    tellerie wrote: »
    Hi, I too was advised to try the FOMAP diet but being a mom I’m struggling to find the time to cook from scratch as everything has wheat in it. Looks like dairy is a trigger but lactose free seems to be a good alternative

Hi! I buy Green Valley Lactose-free products: Kefir, Yogurt, and Cream Cheese for Sunday’s when we have Lox. I also by Labne Yogurt Cheese which is even less FODMAP-y than Greek Yogurt. I enjoy aged Cheddar Cheese and also Brie and Camembert but only after taking digestive enzymes that include a lot of Lactase. I’ll come back later and list a good brand of enzymes. I’ve tried a few. Things still aren’t perfect gut-wise for me but the improvement has been dramatic.