Anyone have experience with lifting during pregnancy?

Options
jvezzsb01
jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
Hi All,

I am currently 10 weeks along with twins(!) and was wondering if anyone here has lifted during pregnancy and did you keep your macros the same? I was really sick with a nasty virus from Christmas on through the New Year so I am barely getting the energy to get back into working out.
Thanks!

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I know of a couple of EM2WLers who lifted pretty much right through to delivery.
    The key is obviously to listen to your body and take on advice from your midwife/doc.
    Like now when you're exhausted, no point pushing yourself. Let your body take the time to adjust to the hormones, get lots of rest.
    If you've been lifting regularly for a long time before the pregnancy, you should be able to continue once you are feeling up to it.
    Some moves way have to be adapted as your pregnancy progresses. Ligaments become more lax due to the hormones so extra care should be taken with form. Do you have a trainer at the moment?
    If possible, staying active during pregnancy can make labour and post partum recovery easier!
    Congrats again and keep us posted on how you're feeling!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • jvezzsb01
    Options
    No trainer. I was and still subscribe to Strong by Bret after having gone through Strong Curves by Bret Contreras. It's been about a year of lifting. I was still doing my reset and then this happened and so with calories I didn't want to ask the doctor because they don't have as much info with regard to calories and macros.
    I've lost some muscle in these last weeks and strength. I know to not do barbell hip thrusts and bridges but just hoping to get some advice.
    Thanks so much, Ichel for chiming in.
    Everyone here is so supportive and helpful.
  • jvezzsb01
    Options
    Thank you, zanyzana! I will be checking those sites out.