Weekly Post 29.01. - 04.02.17

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Wow, we are already getting into the second month of 2017! Time flies!

I enjoyed my snowshoe weekend last weekend. I did not enjoy the cold I came down with after returning. Nor did the greyness of the fog help.

It's been sunny since friday and I can feel my energy levels returning. Went for a brisk walk yesterday and it felt good. After batch cooking 4kg each of my veggie soup and a veggie chicken chilli this morning, I will now go outside and enjoy a little ride on my care horse.

My cold is still here but getting better. My work week shouldn't be to loaded. Thus I hope to get some exercise back in during the next two weeks. Temperatures are on the rise again, so even an afternoon run might be in the cards during the week B)

To all, that have been struggling - keep your chin up, be nice to yourself and take the next step. If it turns out to be the wrong direction, turn around and take another step. Not always easy, I know. But we are all just work in progress :*

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I had a bigger move down on the scale than I expected and that is really motivating me. It's like a snowball effect for me, if I can grit through and have a little success, I will pick up speed, but I also have a tendency to go the opposite direction, too, a little failure makes me roll back pretty easily. That is something I am going to work on. I hope you all are snowballs in the right direction! :smile:
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    It's Monday here and everything is finally starting to settle down again. School has gone back so the kids are out of my hair, my work roster is steady again and I'm getting back into my exercise and fasting routine. Today I'm going to attempt to make a watch of my mum's vegetable soup. Hopefully I'll start losing steadily again now.
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've got my first fast planned today. I stepped on the scale yesterday and decided to quit whining about the struggles of maintenance otherwise I would quickly find myself whining about how hard it is to lose weight. So, I'm planning my day out today and going back to what's worked for me in the past.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I've got my fast days planned for Tuesday and Thursday of this week and I've pre-logged my entire week's menus already into MFP. Now just have to stick to everything :)

Sunday is the Super Bowl and I've got tacos & chicken wings on the menu for the family. I'll do a modification & have a taco salad plus I've factored in some Margaritas to make me super happy.

Have a great week everyone!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Yum! I love taco salad. I actually prefer it now lol
  • flumi_f
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Fast day went a bit bust. Landed at 800. Today just under maintenance. So not too bad. Will plan to be a bit under tomorrow too.

I'm off work next week and was looking for a place in the mountains to disappear to...then it came to my mind, that a friend of mine has a little apartment in the German alps...and I get to use it for a few days :) It's in a hotel thus sauna wellness and all kinds of good stuff available :p 4 days of snow sun snowshoeing wellness...sounds like a plan to me. Lucky me!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hello ☺ I've eased into FD these two weeks and trending down. Think I've lost about 2 lbs in water weight from the holidays and all the birthdays, plus 2 lbs in addition on the scales = 4 lbs since 6th of January. I'm happy with that ! Let's hope I can keep going :) Still have some stubborn tummy to work on...

Today's FD meal was homemade bone broth soup on ox bones and juicy tender pork shoulder with a rainbow of vegs, fresh thyme and masses of flat parsley. 2 boxes of cherry tomatoes and some 70% dark chocolate. 2 hrs dog walking pace up river.

y3g19lvd0fmj.jpg

Hope you're all doing well, finding the tweaks that work for you.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Yesterday's fast day went superb. Mini omelette for breakfast and my yummy soup for dinner. My mum's is better but I'll get there.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    Yesterday's fast went really well.

Breakfast was tea & vitamins, lunch was a yogurt, & I cooked a Hello Fresh recipe for dinner and had a half portion of shawarma meatballs, roasted tomatoes, zucchini, & onion over bulgur with a little bit of sour cream. Total day came to 493 calories.

The best thing so far is the improvement of my mental relationship to food, before when I restricted calories my mind would go crazy when hungry and say Must Eat All The Bad Things! but now I feel much more in control. Only 3 weeks in so far so good!

Next fast day will be Thursday.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    Yum! I love taco salad. I actually prefer it now lol

Me to! I only really like a soft flour taco anyway which gets vetoed in my family since they will only do soft corn tacos. I'm much happier with the taco salad.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good for me too! 2 boiled eggs mid day then half a baked spaghetti squash with half cup of hunts onion & herbs tomato sauce on top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.... I forgot how much I liked that! I did feel cold, reminding me I was doing a good job fasting!

I also like a taco salad. I've also done a hamburger salad when my kids want burgers, I just do without the bun & ketchup... even replace my salad dressing with mayo, It's yum!

Ok what the heck is Hello Fresh?? I'm curious... I'll use google ;) Also, great job Foamroller!! You are doing very well! Keep at it, it's inspiring to hear.

Well done people :)
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Oh no!!!!! My puppy who is 10 weeks old jumped kamikaze style off the couch and broke his leg!!!!!
    Today is a fast day. I'll be at the vets most of today anyway. My poor fur baby. 1tqebplw93cw.jpg
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    Ok what the heck is Hello Fresh?? I'm curious... I'll use google ;)

It's a meal kit delivery service. Each week there are 6 dinner recipes that you get to pick your 3 favorites from and then they send you (from local sources) all the ingredients needed (in only the quantities needed, only excluding oil, salt, & pepper) and a recipe card with step by step directions for you to prepare.

There are a bunch of similar other companies like this. I alternate using Hello Fresh & Blue Apron so I have more choices and then skip weeks whenever I want as well.

We are only a family of 3 and my husband is home for dinner 1 maybe to 2 nights a week so this works great for us and cuts down on a lot of food waste. Plus we are always eating new things & trying things I might not normally cook.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    ^^that sounds really great!! I've never heard of that before, great idea for busy families!

Poor puppy!! What kind of dog?? Sorry to hear of that!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    You're poor dog, Karen!! What a weird thing to happen!

Sounds like this has been quite a week for everyone! My FD on Tuesday was a complete bust. But on Wednesday, I was able to track completely and eat well under my allotment. Yesterday was the same. While I typically don't have much success fasting on Fridays (it IS Friday, after all), in going to make an attempt. I've realized this week that the stress of my mom's illness is manifesting itself with food, a very old habit. This business of being caught between young kids and an aging parent with serious health issues can make a girl go a little crazy.

So, I was invited to drop into the modern dance class that is before my ballet class. I've never done modern, but I think I'm going to go this morning. I'm curious about how the movement will feel compared to ballet. It also means almost 4 hours of dancing (yikes). I've heard the instructor gives direction in a way that sounds kind of new-agey. I'll report back any interesting phrases. Until then, please channel your chakras towards your center. Namaste!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Ohhh poor puppy...poor puppy mom! I hope it heals well and your puppy is up and running again soon!

My food has been strange this week. No real fast and hungry alot. Weight is ok. And my cold is finally gone.I took the day off and surprisingly it was sunny and a mild 10°C this afternoon. I strapped on my sneakers and went for a 6k run in the sun B) It felt really good!

Off to the German mountains after my ride tomorrow. Hoping for some r&r including snowshoes, sauna, sun and massages
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    The puppy is a 12 week old jack Russell x miniature foxy. So he's only tiny. But he's so naughty!! Trying to keep him resting is virtually impossible. The poor dog is living in a portable baby's cot.

3so7o13u23b1.jpg
  • flumi_f
    Options
    OMG too cute and a bundle of energy! Should heal quickly as young puppies do
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Hey, it's a satellite dog!! Too cute!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    That is too sad and too cute at the same time.