Greetings!

Options
SuperCarLori
SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
Here I am, again, defiant in the face of cake (and other processed carb filled foods).

So, I started in June, dropped about thirty pounds, got complacent, got bored aaaaaaand started slipping. Once a month, then once a week, ending with going in and out of ketosis, which threw my attitude for a loop, therefore making it easy for myself to blame my woe on my *kitten* *kitten* attitude. Yep. I was a lying *kitten* liar. And a whiner. I just wanted any excuse to eat the *kitten* cake.

SO I ATE THE CAKE. For two weeks. And all the rest, cause I'm a special snowflake who's going to seamlessly do CICO. :D:D:D

You know what's coming...yeah, of course water gain. Maybe a little fat gain.

Anyway, I came to...again. Guess what, though? I haven't run away like before. I didn't give up. I feel just as dedicated as I did when I began in June. I did some research, and read some articles by @Sunny_Bunny_ favorite lady, Amy Berger, so I'm feeling strong, and encouraged and realizing I'm more than likely still fat adapted. Which will make this transition back so much easier.

Here's the link to the 3 part article I read:
http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2016/01/dont-be-a-ketard1.html?m=1

I just want to say thank you to all of the old timers I'm friends with who probably have rolled their eyes at me countless times over the past few months. Thanks for hanging with me. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for once more for helping me dust off and handing me some good advice.

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Here I am, again, defiant in the face of cake (and other processed carb filled foods).

So, I started in June, dropped about thirty pounds, got complacent, got bored aaaaaaand started slipping. Once a month, then once a week, ending with going in and out of ketosis, which threw my attitude for a loop, therefore making it easy for myself to blame my woe on my *kitten* *kitten* attitude. Yep. I was a lying *kitten* liar. And a whiner. I just wanted any excuse to eat the *kitten* cake.

SO I ATE THE CAKE. For two weeks. And all the rest, cause I'm a special snowflake who's going to seamlessly do CICO. :D:D:D

Anyway, I came to...again. Guess what, though? I haven't run away like before. I didn't give up. I feel just as dedicated as I did when I began in June. I did some research, and read some articles by @Sunny_Bunny_ favorite lady, Amy Berger, so I'm feeling strong, and encouraged and realizing I'm more than likely still fat adapted. Which will make this transition back so much easier.

I just want to say thank you to all of the old timers I'm friends with who probably have rolled their eyes at me countless times over the past few months. Thanks for hanging with me. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for once more for helping me dust off and handing me some good advice.

:heart: Lori!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    <3 Always happy to see you...no matter what you're eating. That Berger series is one of my faves.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

:heart: Lori!

<3

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Keepin it real!
    I love your honesty!
    I am a fan of tough love! I think it's incredibly helpful to kick our own *kitten* on occasion. Lol

You've got heart! And a mega ton of determination! Love it!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You are awesome, it's good to understand how you deal with food crisis - you only fail if you stop trying x
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Thank you, @Chillycatmum ! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yes!! So wonderful that you SEE! Your choosing to be here is awesome! ROCK on my friend!!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Thank you, @Karlottap !!!!!! :)