Body Recomp

Options
genmon00
genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
Hi everyone!
This post is directed mostly to the ladies, but fellas are welcome to comment too if they have experience. Ok, so I have two beautiful boys who were born via c-section. Since losing 30 lbs so far (yay me!) I noticed that my fat distribution is changing and my c-section pooch seems to be dropping more. It really, really, bugs me. I'm willing to work trying to get rid of it but everything I read states aside from surgery not too much CAN be done. Anyone have tips or tricks for me to get working on it? Thanks everyone!

Replies

• AngiesCookie
    AngiesCookie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    personally, same problem after RNY 8 years ago and 2 babies. I am very interested in the Fascia Blaster... the results are pretty amazing.
  • genmon00
    Options
    @AngiesCookie what is Fascia Blaster?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Compression garments. I have heard miraculous things about skin recovery in surgical patients and anyone with massive weight losses (enough to show loose skin) by using compression garments at any point gravity will affect the skin in question. It's the same concept as to why we wear supportive brassieres while working out - we don't want to strain the existing tissue or create additional scar tissue. Massaging with things like BioOil or another skin repairing oil can help, too, but only so much.

I was far more overweight that you, and I know I will always have a fat gut apron... It's even more pronounced due to the ... deflation that resulted after my heaviest weight...

In addition to whatever core exercises you do now, compression garments while working out and any time you'll be on your feet...you can likely research weight loss surgery for more information there, gentle massage with a good nourishing oil, and focusing even more on good nutrition - and getting lots of gelatin, bone broth, collagen, and silica (DE is a source) to rebuild skin tissue... Those are the only things I can think of to help.

Each might add 3-5% improvement to the situation, but anything helps, right?
  • genmon00
    Options
    Yes, anything helps! Thanks @KnitOrMiss :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I have serious "twin skin" after carrying twins to full term, and yeah, I seem to have even a bit more loose skin after losing weight.
    I might have to look into compression garments. @KnitorMiss if I'm 8 years postpartum (!) is it too late for the compression garments to have an effect?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I have serious "twin skin" after carrying twins to full term, and yeah, I seem to have even a bit more loose skin after losing weight.
    I might have to look into compression garments. @KnitorMiss if I'm 8 years postpartum (!) is it too late for the compression garments to have an effect?

I honestly don't know...@macchiatto I would think that if you're continuing to work out and eat right, there's always a chance for some level of skin repair, though it likely won't be what it could have been, had we known to do it after birth and before/during weight loss. I carried my daughter completely out in front, so I imagine that my skin is similar to but less than "twin skin" as around 7 months I started getting asked how many days I had left... HA! She is 16 years old now, and I've been losing weight and improving my health since 2012. I know that my body will never look like what it did in my teens and 20's, but I'll do what I can!

So, TL;DR.

I don't know, but it can't hurt to try. Work out, eat right, supplement if needed, massage and oil treatment with compression - oh, and dry brushing (@genmon00 - this is supposed to be amazing!!)... Do what you can, as it never hurts to try, especially when working out (the slap of skin on skin is utterly unnerving to me)...
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    Dry brushing genuinely helps with cellulite and to move lymph along.
    The first time I lost weight my skin bounced back. The second time, not so much. I'm pretty afraid this time because I've been much heavier than I ever was before and I'm over 40. A friend told me some plastic surgeons offer a type of sonic therapy that tightens skin, but I haven't looked into it so I really don't know. My sister couldn't get rid of hers (she was never really over weight, but had 2 c-sections), so she had a tummy tuck.
  • AngiesCookie
    AngiesCookie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @genmon00
    google it- check out the pics. I don't have one and never used it, but the science behind it intrigues me.. and the youtube results, etc!
    https://www.fasciablaster.com/