Workout: heavy lifting

Monday - Legs/Shoulders

Tuesday - rest

Wednesday - Back/Biceps/Abs

Thursday - rest

Friday - Chest/Triceps/Abs

Saturday - rest

Sunday - Abs

I've been on a bulk for the last month and plan to keep going to 165. I've been gaining 1 pound a week, I haven't put on much extra fat going at this rate.At the beginning I was planning on going a little futher than 165 but at the moment I'm actually quite happy with my size. Once I reach my goal what should I do next?

Go on a cut? I really don't want to lose any of the gains that I've put on. Would it be possible to stay this way and slowy get leaner without losing much of my size?

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hi

I just want to clarify your goals as you prior posts appear to be a bit conflicting.

In your first post, about 2 weeks ago, you mention that you were at 158lb and your goal weight to bulk as 185lb at about 1lb a week. We suggested 2 - 3lb a month.

In your second post about a week ago, you mention that you your goal weight to bulk was 175lb and that your BF was about 13 - 15%

Now you mention that your goal weight is 165lb and you current weight is 161lb but your BF is at 20 -23%

1) if your goal weight is 165lb, it will be a really short bulk
    2) if you are at 20 - 23%, that is too high to bulk
    3) how are you determining your BF%?
    4) if you weight train intelligently, get enough protein and have a small enough deficit, you should not lose your gains.
    5) how long have you been lifting for?
    6) getting leaner will mean that you lose size. If you want to recomp, then you just eat at maintenance
    7) what are your reps/sets re the workouts noted?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tagging.
This discussion has been closed.