Questions for the fitbit users

Options
jemethyst
jemethyst Posts: 107 Member
I'm looking not getting one in the next month or two and had a few questions....
1. The previous pedometers I've tried always counted steps wrong because of the excess weight... The extra jiggles I guess... Does fitbit count it better?
2. Which fitbit are you using? I'm trying to decide between the fitbit one and the fitbit flex

Well, I had other questions but seem to have forgotten them! So any tidbits you feel are worth mentioning based off your fitbit experience would be appreciated!

Replies

• allweatherheather
    Options
    Hey Jen,
    I have a fitbit one and I like it so much better than pedometers I have used in the past. I have found that wearing the one on my bra usually gives me a accurate count, with one exception. The exception is that no matter what I do with the one, I get steps inappropriately for driving. I have a really long commute and have to log the driving on the fitbit website so I don't get steps for it. Otherwise, it is way more accurate than my old pedometer, which was supposed to be one of the better ones. I also love the extra data--like you can see when you were sedentary/active, log sleep (really helpful for me), etc.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I got the fitbit one. The pedometer part is pretty accurate, giving very similar results for similar activities on different days.

The "stairs climbed" function on mine seems to go off the deep end once in a while. However, stairs climbed are not counted towards calories burned, so I can live with it.

The sleeping monitor is neat. I've been using it for a month. (Need more sleep).
  • jemethyst
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I was considering the fitbit one, but thought I'd have the same"jiggle" miscount issue, but if its pretty accurate even on a bra I should be good. And, I don't think I'll have to worry about stairs climbed, that's some ways away for me!
  • allweatherheather
    Options
    I guess it might depend on your bra and your body type, but since my pants are always too big at the waist, the center gore of my (underwire or tight sports) bra is a more stable spot than most of my pant waists!

The fitbit's digital accelerometer definitely knows" better what's a step than the mechanical pedometers I have used, and if anything, it might undercount small steps I make while cooking and cleaning, but to me that is better than 2x-3x more steps than there should be, which is what I seemed to be getting with the pedometers.
  • kcerica
    kcerica Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit ultra which I don't think is available anymore. I also find it to be more accurate on my bra and less chance of falling off.
  • eris1981
    eris1981 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex and it seems pretty accurate to me . . . if anything, it undercounts (I don't think so though) but I'd rather err on the side of caution anyway. I decided on it because I don't have to remember to put it on every day so I'm less likely to lose it.
  • jemethyst
    Options
    I still haven't got one, but the flex is the one I've decided on finally. Until then I'm using runtastic, but I think having the flex on will help remind me to move
  • SucculentGoddess
    SucculentGoddess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex and i love it
    It syncs with my iphone and it is a constant reminder of much i actually move
    I have had it 8 weeks and it is really making a difference
  • SucculentGoddess
    SucculentGoddess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    oh i forgot to add i chose the flex as it is water resistant
    I wear mine in the shower and i only take it off once per week to charge it
    Apparently it doesnt count stairs but at my weight that is not something i need to know about