Going over on two meals daily

Hi everybody, im on day five of lchf and im just wondering why i get to eat so little every day, i see people struggling to reach their macros daily but i seem to hot mine on just two meals. Any ideas,

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    What is your daily caloric amount? What is your carb limit? What is your protein goal?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    @chubbycheeks63 ...it would also be helpful if you would open your diary (make it public) so we can take a look to get a better idea of what kind of suggestions would help you the most.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Without seeing what you're eating and what your goals are, it's hard to tell, but generally speaking, odds are good your goal is too aggressive. Also, you're on day 5, so you're still adapting. Don't worry about intake for now, just get your macros right and learn to eat fat instead of carbs. In another week or two, you'll be able to tweak your caloric intake if needed.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    Without seeing what you're eating and what your goals are, it's hard to tell, but generally speaking, odds are good your goal is too aggressive. Also, you're on day 5, so you're still adapting. Don't worry about intake for now, just get your macros right and learn to eat fat instead of carbs. In another week or two, you'll be able to tweak your caloric intake if needed.

I agree - during the transition, stick to what you are eating as a first major priority. Figure out calories later.

As to the hunger question, I have a similar issue regardless of whether I'm eating low carb or SAD. Some of us just are going to be hungry all the time no matter what. Lately, I've been in spurts of eating at deficit for a few weeks, then running out of willpower at eating at a surplus for a few weeks, and then back again. It is slightly better on low carb and somewhat better on a non plant / all meat, dairy, egg diet.