Recover after binge advice?

Options
jayono
jayono Posts: 2 Member
Hi all. New to this, only really took the step toward trying to lose weight this week. First few days fine, but hitting the weekend means a lack of routine for me. Binged this morning and want to stop it continuing all day/limit the damage? Any advice?

Replies

• D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Don't think you've ruined the day so I might as well keep eating. Stop now, take a breath, and get out of the house. Try to work out or go for a walk or something that will get some endorphins going. Log your calories as best you can.

It is over. Don't use it to derail yourself for the rest of the day or weekend.
  • jayono
    jayono Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I was a bit hit and miss for the rest of yesterday, but got back on it today. A good hour of swimming which I love :)
  • MagneticGanymede
    MagneticGanymede Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    jayono wrote: »
    Thanks, I was a bit hit and miss for the rest of yesterday, but got back on it today. A good hour of swimming which I love :)

Good job! Getting in cardio is a great idea- definitely helps me de-stress and helps me stop emotional eating. You did a great job not giving in to discouragement.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I work out, and then wait until I'm actually hungry before eating again.
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    One thing that helps me, is telling myself if I feel like I HAVE to have it, to eat 3 small bites and ONLY 3. For some reason, it makes me feel nothing is off limits.
  • MaddieRainbowHealth
    MaddieRainbowHealth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    @jayono I would say to just resume normal calorie limits that MFP has set, workout, drink lots of water, and get back to your routine. Treating your body kindly after a binge is hard, and sometimes feels counterintuitive because we carry the mindset that we need to "make up" for eating poorly the day after, but getting back to your normal routine afterwards is the best thing you can do, in addition to practicing compassion for yourself and realizing that everyone makes mistakes and overindulges. If you've gained weight from the binge, your body's weight will stabilize once you return to your normal calorie limit in a few days or one weeks time. Good luck! I know how hard resisting binging is and I too struggle with it at times.
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    your water bottle is your friend. Drink 2 cups as you find yourself craving.