Never satisfied

Options
tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,284 Member
When my period does not come, I get depressed over impending menopause... But then when it does come, I get irritated that I still have a period. This period was so heavy that now I want menopause!! I hate being in limbo... Wish it would either be regular or stop altogether!

Replies

• ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Oh man. I hear you! I just had my first missed cycle. I finally started at day 50. My first thought was, "seriously?! Just be done already!" This dragging things out is for the birds!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I totally get it. When I started wishing it to be over loudly hubs asked if that's what I really wanted.... now that it is (I believe) over, and the scale SHOT up, I'm not so sure. ha.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I'm at the point of very seldom having hormonal cycles any more. When I do, it's a horrible bloatfest. The pause started when I was 42 and I'm 48 now, so... It will probably be totally over when I'm 50, I guess. I take HRT because I need sleep, memory and to not die of hot flashes lol.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm about every four months now but the past couple have been super light. They last a week or so but are little more than spotting. I'm on HRT too, and it may be that my uterine lining just doesn't build up very much. I'm 49 and expecting to be largely done at 50 too. I don't mind getting them at this point, but the lack of predictability is annoying.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm about every four months now but the past couple have been super light. They last a week or so but are little more than spotting. I'm on HRT too, and it may be that my uterine lining just doesn't build up very much. I'm 49 and expecting to be largely done at 50 too. I don't mind getting them at this point, but the lack of predictability is annoying.

That was me last year. The lack of predictability was so annoying. The one thing I *could* count on: if I traveled, I'd get a period.
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    Predictability doesn't bother me as much as the hormonal swings do. The whole water retaining until I actually start a cycle is crazy. I lost 6 pounds of fluid when I went 50 days between cycles (my first official missed cycle). I just kept gaining fluid until I finally started. That was insane! I hope losing weight while I'm in peri will mean I won't gain after I stop for good.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yeah, the timing thing is weird. I got one the day I did the trail 10K. It seems like a change in routine is a trigger.
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    Oy. Back again to waiting for cycle to start - or not. I'm on day 30. Already past my normal start. Hungry, weepy, nutty, forgetful. Argh. I'm ready for my cycles to just be done. I am dreading if I go another 20 days before starting because the water weight and pms just continue until I start. Last time was 50 days. My practitioner is going to see if we can induce a cycle if I haven't started by day 33. Mostly to relieve me of the massive amount of bloating and hunger. I lost 6#'s of water in two days the last time I went 50 days. That is a ton of water!!
  • Lynda652017
    Lynda652017 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I hear you ladies - just went 48 days without for the first time. But the last 3 weeks had my weight plateau and even go up 3-4lbs. Hanging out on my sofa this weekend - scared to go out anywhere cos it's so heavy. (I'm 52 - and feeling envious of some of you 5 years younger and further along this track than me - make it end!!!!)
  • Lynda652017
    Lynda652017 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the timing thing is weird. I got one the day I did the trail 10K. It seems like a change in routine is a trigger.

Typical!
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and have only had 2 periods over the last year. I tend to get one while I'm sick - like I am now, so waiting to see if one will kick in - oh and I have to be on a plane tomorrow night. Ick! I hope it doesn't come...