Newto keto

marcuscediel1
marcuscediel1 Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
Just started the keto diet and im having issues trusting the diet.. For many reasons... But im sticking to it... I have my calculations but now i have a million ques..can i go over macros or under? Does it have to be exact? If i have a jiujitsu tournament can i eat carbs for energy or not? Supplements? Iv read about keto flu and im getting headaches and feeling week.. Will i really start feeling more energetic after this flu passes? Im just worried that im gonna gain weight and all for nothing.. Anybody help...God bless

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Keto flu is just low sodium. Get some salt and it'll be gone in minutes.
    Get 3000-5000mg a day every day and you'll never have it again.
    Get 1000mg sodium before your workout for extra energy.
    You will notice a drop in performance for a few weeks before your workout no doubt, but it's just part of adapting to your new fuel source. Stick it out if you want to stop being dependent on carbs for energy.
    If you do decide to fuel workouts with carbs instead of fat, you probably really only need 5-15g glucose pre workout.
    You might be interested in TKD.
    http://ketogains.com/2015/10/the-ketogains-tkd-targeted-ketogenic-diet-protocol/
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited February 2017
    Also, going over or under a little isn't a big deal. Don't stress over hitting those numbers exactly.
    You want to make reaching your protein a goal. Keeping carbs low and eat fat to satiety. You don't have to reach the fat or the carb goals. If you're not hungry, don't eat. If you are extra hungry one day and go over fat or protein, also no big deal. As far as fat loss goals go you want to eat only when hungry. Your keto status will be fine as long as carbs stay low.