Weekly Post 05.02. - 11.02.2017

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
No fasting as I'm in Bayern for a few days.... Had a great hike today. 3h, 700m ascent and 11k, partially in the snow. But no snowshoes...snow is to scarce and wet.

A snack, a nap and a shower on my return and now I'm off to dinner soon. Hoping I get an appointment for a massage tomorrow afternoon. That would be great after a wee hike B)

Enjoy your Sunday!

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    After a start to a pretty crappy week, I ended it on a high note. Successful fast yesterday and after Tuesday, a pretty decent job of actually tracking. Not perfect, but better than before. This weeks fast will either be M, Th or T, F. Just trying to look ahead and make predictions about how the week will go. I'm trying to meditate more to better deal with the challenges with my mom. I'm finding alcohol isn't a good option, for both my state of mind and my body. Sounds like a no brainer, but in the moment, one doesn't always think of better options.

Flumi, a massage sounds like a great idea. You e inspired me to call my gal. I'd never want to make her mad...she could strangle me in a heart beat, her hands are soooo strong!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in this morning. Oops. Probably a Freudian slip, hormones are in full swing and I may have polished off a bag of mini powdered donuts yesterday. I honestly don't regret it.
    I have Monday off so I can fast pretty easily. I am going to make some salads ahead of time and try to figure out how to make ramen noodles ahead of time without them getting mushy.
    I hope you all have a great week!
  • makinica
    makinica Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My very first week! Fasting today and on Thursday.
    I'll be saving my meal for dinner, leaving my body to "repair" and hopefully burn more fat.

Have a great week everyone. :)
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Yesterday was what I like to call an "accidental" fast day. I typically need 2 days in between fasts. After fasting on Saturday, I was waffling between Monday or Tuesday. Yesterday morning quickly became a "not feeling breakfast/too much time spent jabbering at the school/walking around the neighborhood/then racing like a mad woman to get ready for dance". You know you've been there before. So I went with it. I had a few white-knuckle moments where the pillows on the sofa started to look mighty tasty, but I held in for dear life and finished strong! What drama :D

I must say, it feels really good to be in control at the moment. When I work my plan with consistency, the weight really does fall off. The nice thing about 5:2 for me is that even when I go at it with a half-*ss effort, I sort of hover around the same 3 lbs. so that's good. But it's equally good to know when I really track and stay within my allotment of FD, I lose.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Good luck, Mac!! If it seems daunting to fast, just know that it does get easier. It may not necessarily be easy to fast, but being comfortable with sensations of hunger does, IMO. Despite what we've been told, hunger isn't something that lasts all day. It ebbs and flows and it may be unfamiliar in the beginning.
  • flumi_f
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good job you two!

No fast for me...but 800m ascent on an alpine path...like watch your every step path...13k and 20500 steps. Came back and the masseur called he had an opening for me. 1h of bliss....nice and oily now and ready for a nap before dinner. Heading home tomorrow

See profile pic...view from the top B)
  • makinica
    Options
    Oh wow, what a view!!

I'm not having any issues, I'm just concerned if I'm doing things right. It's time for my dinner now - I'm going for omelet and veggies.

And then no food till tomorrow morning.

So just to recap, and please forgive me if I'm boring:

I had a dinner last night around 8pm. Didn't eat anything until 6:30pm the next day (today). Next meal breakfast.

Is that how it's done? If so, I'm loving it!
  • makinica
    Options
    Oh and Flossy, that's what I was thinking today. I had so many fasting days before, on accident! Well, not true entirely. I'd go without food for a looong time, but then I'd eat a ton. Now we know better ;)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Perfect makinika. Don't over think it.
    Dinner day before
    500cal day, cals whenever you like
    Normal eating pattern day after
    Copy and repeat 2x per week :D

A longer fasting window probably increases positive health effects, but i get shaky if i wait until dinner on a fast day and some people need a small breakfast to function. So if sustainability means splitting cals, do so by all means.
  • makinica
    Options
    Thank you! I appreciate it! :) this + working out 3x week hopefully brings results.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Fast day today...had a banana & hot tea for breakfast, yogurt & iced citrus green tea for lunch, & dinner will be black bean soup with a liitle sour cream & small amount shredded cheese in top. This is the start of my fourth week doing 5:2 and so far I've lost 7 lbs and feel so much better! Next fast day will be Thursday or Friday. Have a great week everyone!
  • makinica
    Options
    wow, 7 lbs in 3 weeks?! If I manage to lose as much I'll be celebrating. :D

I had a bit of a headache last night and felt a bit week, is that normal? I went to bed a bit earlier, so no losses :D
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Could be a lack of salt or caffeine (if you cut down on it on fast days). A bouillon usually helps. And yes im often tired in the evening of a fast day ;)
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    I try to head to bed earlier on FD because I'm not able to sleep if my stomach is growling. I have days where I feel "puny" and days where I end strong. How you feel will vary and depend on other things (sleep, TOM, stress, etc). As Flumi has mentioned, you'll sort of develop what works best for you. For example, on days when I fast and have a 2 hour dance class, I eat a sports gel to give me energy. Otherwise, I'd probably be a pile of mush. It's worked for me, so I keep doing it. Just pay attention and be open to tweaking it to your lifestyle.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Boy oh boy lots to read since I've last posted! Great job everyone! Sounds like there is progress happening! Unlike for me...I'm forgetting to log, measure & weigh... today I'm trying a fast day and just sat down to read with some tea! I really need to get back into this twice a week thing. Why is it so much easier when you start out?? Why?? It's a real mental challenge for me. I've had a decent week, just going over cals because of wine but I'm pretty good with portion control (except with the wine of course) :# I hope to be successful tonight but snow falling makes me want to bake!! ;)
  • makinica
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! I'm fasting again today, so we'll see how I feel by the end of the day. Honestly, going earlier to bed on FD could be an overall +. It might push me to sleep more, which is always a good thing! I work as a CMO so long working hours and a lot of stress are new normal. These two days are welcomed change.

Today I had coffee with a splash of milk, and I won't be eating till dinner time. Then, I might go for veggies and eggs, or some meat and eggs. We'll see. I'm also planning to start adding whey protein to my diet (my workouts are very though and I walk +5k steps each day, with a goal to push it to 10k asap). Have you ever used it? Idea is to replace my dinners with protein shake/smoothie.

FYI, in this part of the world dinners are usually light meals. Lunch is when we eat heavy stuff. But the hours are so off! Lunch is around 5pm and then dinner 8-9pm.

I'm not sure if anyone else is on FD today, but if so - good luck! :)
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    I'll be fasting with you today, Mak! I'm substitute teaching, so there will be LOTS of distractions. I'm not sure what my plan is for dinner. Subbing usually takes it out of me and makes me unmotivated to cook. But I'll come home at lunchtime and maybe figure it out. Worst case...the kids and I run to Chipotle. I've got a 500 calorie vegan meal already mapped out ;)

Good luck, everyone!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Today is my 2nd Fast Day. I've got my daughter's middle school information meeting this evening (I hate the sound of even typing that - she's still a baby to me!) and have to get her to a friend's house so I can go, so we will be eating on the run this evening. Planning on hitting up Five Guys and having the Little Bacon Cheeseburger, without a bun in a bowl, with lettuce, mushrooms, onions, & green peppers. Tons of protein, low-carb and comes out to 392 calories.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    I fasted yesterday really well until 9pm and a bag of M&M's suddenly were at my fingertips!!! Yes, going to bed early would have squashed that event! Well, today is a new day... I've had my oatmeal & seeds for lunch and for dinner I would like to try a one bowl meal... Buddha bowls.. my daughter calls it. I may try to bake chick peas with spicy seasonings, as apparently they crisp up and are a yummy addition to salads or veggie bowls! Good luck fasting today people!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hope everyone's day went well, I came in at 624 cals so I'm feeling proud! Not quit a fast, but I'll take it!