Weekly Check-In: Feb. 5-Feb. 11

Options
This week, I want to get back on track. We went out for my friend's b-day, so I didn't track (we had a blast!). Getting into midterm season as well, so I will have to watch my intake!

Replies

• lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago we lost my father after having surgery. Needless to say that my routines were shaken and pretty much non-existent. Today I woke and did not want to return to work but I then told myself that he would not stand for that. That the way to honor my father is to pick myself up, dust myself off and get back on track. That is the goal for this week
  • kefalo
    kefalo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I really need some help with motivation - I got back from a work trip on Saturday night and on Sunday did not follow any diet or exercise, but have exercised yesterday and today (both days I went for a run) and ate well yesterday and plan to eat well today (I don't think there's any chance I'll eat anything I shouldn't today) but I can feel that my heart and head are not 'in it' as much as they were Sept-Dec when i lost over 20 pounds. I need to get back into that zone. Yesterday and today are a good start, but I need to keep that motivation! Any tips?
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago we lost my father after having surgery. Needless to say that my routines were shaken and pretty much non-existent. Today I woke and did not want to return to work but I then told myself that he would not stand for that. That the way to honor my father is to pick myself up, dust myself off and get back on track. That is the goal for this week

So sorry for your loss.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear about your father's passing. It sounds like work will be difficult, but, sometimes I guess it can help to just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Keep doing what you need to to take care of yourself.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    kefalo wrote: »
    I really need some help with motivation - I got back from a work trip on Saturday night and on Sunday did not follow any diet or exercise, but have exercised yesterday and today (both days I went for a run) and ate well yesterday and plan to eat well today (I don't think there's any chance I'll eat anything I shouldn't today) but I can feel that my heart and head are not 'in it' as much as they were Sept-Dec when i lost over 20 pounds. I need to get back into that zone. Yesterday and today are a good start, but I need to keep that motivation! Any tips?

This happens to me sometimes. Something changes in my head and I can't figure out what it is or what's different or what caused it. I think, for me, it seems to happen when my routine gets messed up and/or when I've eaten certain processed foods. I typically have to stop and remember the routine when I started and sorta do a mini-mental re-boot. Usually, if I force myself to slow up a bit and return to the routine foods and daily routine that worked in the beginning, I get back to a better place a little more quickly. That may be another way of saying get some rest, fight through it, re-assess and do whatever it takes until the head/heart kicks back in. Remember the why!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    This week, I want to get back on track. We went out for my friend's b-day, so I didn't track (we had a blast!). Getting into midterm season as well, so I will have to watch my intake!

Good luck with mid-terms.
    How much longer till you get your degree?
  • kefalo
    Options

I'm so sorry to hear about this, do hope you are ok. I think your attitude is great given the circumstances.
  • kefalo
    Options
    kefalo wrote: »

This happens to me sometimes. Something changes in my head and I can't figure out what it is or what's different or what caused it. I think, for me, it seems to happen when my routine gets messed up and/or when I've eaten certain processed foods. I typically have to stop and remember the routine when I started and sorta do a mini-mental re-boot. Usually, if I force myself to slow up a bit and return to the routine foods and daily routine that worked in the beginning, I get back to a better place a little more quickly. That may be another way of saying get some rest, fight through it, re-assess and do whatever it takes until the head/heart kicks back in. Remember the why!

Thanks so much for this, it's very helpful. To be honest, I think I just needed to get my head into it again. Today I went for an hour walk with a bit of running in the morning and then went to pilates and can't even imagine cheating with food, so I think I'm almost all of the way there, but it's hard, as we all well know. I think the mental re-boot is definitely needed. It also helped that I weighed myself this morning, realised I put on a kilo from last time I weighed myself, but am fine with that, and am just going to start again from Monday!
    thanks again.
  • TristansHawk
    TristansHawk Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Good luck with mid-terms.
    How much longer till you get your degree?

Thanks!
    I graduate April 2018!