Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding

Options
BishopLord
BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
Not sure if this has been posted before. I just tried it this morning. This recipe is for one big bowl of chocolate flavored chia seed pudding with 1 net carb and 27g of protein, and tastes great! :smiley: Tomorrow, I'm going to use a full serving of protein (2 scoops) for a more chocolatey flavor. I imagine you could also use cacao powder as well, but I don't like the taste of that.

12oz water
4 TBsp chia seeds
1 TBsp butter
1 scoop of Isopure Dutch Chocolate protein powder

Add chia seeds to water, and mix vigorously. Allow to sit overnight.

When you wake up and ready for breakfast, take the bowl and check the thickness, stir if necessary. Then, either put bowl (add the butter) in microwave for 2 minutes, or spoon the pudding into a pot and cook on stove over medium heat. For stove cooking, when the pudding starts to get hot, add the butter, allow to melt, then whisk in the protein. For microwave, add protein after the pudding is hot, then whisk in the protein. Put back in microwave for another 30 seconds. You need to use a whisk, otherwise the protein powder will remain lumpy if you use a spoon. A fork may mix it better than a spoon, but a whisk is preferred.

Here's the nutrition facts:

Chialicious, 1 serving(s) <<< this is what I call my chia seed & water concoction. Not to be confused with Chia Licious
240 - Calories
20 - Carbs
18 - Fat
12 - Protein
0 - Sodium
20 - Fiber
* I use the Healthworks Raw Pesticide-free Chia Seeds. They have zero net carbs.

Lucerne - Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, 14 g (1 tbsp)
100 - Calories
0 - Carbs
11 - Fat
0 - Protein
0 - Sodium
0 - Fiber

Isopure - Dutch Chocolate, 1 scoops
110 - Calories
2 - Carbs
1 - Fat
25 - Protein
160 - Sodium
1 - Fiber

Yeah, looks like a big bowl of yummy crap, lol :wink:
chia_pudding.jpg

Replies

• nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this. I blended a few recipes I saw for something similar, but the one I did included flax meal, coconut milk, and some artificial sweetener. I like that yours has less ingredients...I'll have to look into some protein powder.

Do you recommend the brand that you have listed above?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Does the texture resemble cream of wheat? I've done chia pudding cold, and it's more like tapioca, so I was wondering what it would be like warm...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    BishopLord wrote: »

Yeah, looks like a big bowl of yummy crap, lol :wink:
    chia_pudding.jpg

We oldtimers see CoCo Cream of Wheat and Maypo. "Waaaaaaaaa. I want my Maypo". :p
  • BishopLord
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    We oldtimers see CoCo Cream of Wheat and Maypo. "Waaaaaaaaa. I want my Maypo". :p

Never heard of Maypo. I do remember Malto Meal. :lol:
  • BishopLord
    edited February 2017
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Does the texture resemble cream of wheat? I've done chia pudding cold, and it's more like tapioca, so I was wondering what it would be like warm...
    It's the same as cold. I mean, yeah it resembles tapioca, and I used to refer to it as tapioca before I came to this forum , then saw that people call it "pudding". I wanted to call it porridge, but that definition wasn't correct.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you added flax when heating it, if it would get more malt'o'meal-y? It is a cold food in my brain, so I just can't envision the warm applications.
  • BishopLord
    Options
    I wonder if you added flax when heating it, if it would get more malt'o'meal-y? It is a cold food in my brain, so I just can't envision the warm applications.
    My experience with heating flax (in the microwave) was terrible. I forgot what happened, but the ground flax didn't work. Maybe cooking over the stove would be a better option, but for now, I only use Flax in my protein shakes.

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    My experience with heating flax (in the microwave) was terrible. I forgot what happened, but the ground flax didn't work. Maybe cooking over the stove would be a better option, but for now, I only use Flax in my protein shakes.

Same here. I like flaxseed meal in cold things like yogurt and mixing in with avocado but when cooked or put in something hot, it seemed kind of slimy to me and had a peculiar taste...like flaxseed meal. :s