Spiralizer Question

Options
2»

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Once you start spiralizing there is no going back. Really does change a meal, and it is fun playing with veg, flavours and colours.
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thing that impressed me most, was that a vegetables now filled your plate. So my mind felt full before I had eaten 1 carrot and a courgette (plus salmon)
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Yes, the way we perceive food has a lot to do with how much we enjoy food and how full we become.

The more colourful the food is, the more our brains seems to get enjoyment out of it. Same when it comes to size. Spiralized veg pretty much mirrors the effect of eating off a smaller plate. It looks like your plate is fuller than it is, so you get fuller from less food.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    I've used by hand held pampered chef julienne peeler for years and have loved it, so I don't know why I bought the spiralizer on sale for $14.95. I've cut my thumb quite badly while cleaning it. That'll teach me! Once I heal, I'm sure I'll love it.....
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    They *are* hard to clean. Ouch :(
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been convinced too! I've had one sitting in my Amazon cart for about a month. My vegetarian daughter will be here next week. It will be a good time to try it out.
  • ruthiek2000
    ruthiek2000 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have the Starfrit one that suctions on the counter and you crank it... has 3 different blades and works great!
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I have a hand held one, love it. I use a toothbrush that I now keep in the kitchen to clean mine. Gets all the way in there and doesn't shred my fingers :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    I tried a handheld model veggti, I think it was, but didn't like it. I have found my mandolin does just as good a job, I don't get the curly fries look, but the adjustments for thickness on the mandolin let me get spaghetti like noodles as well as lasagna type noodles with squash. The mandolin is really great with cabbage for my Mexican slaw.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I have both and threw out the handheld one on first use. I hated it and now have the countertop one which I love. Much easier to use and greater variety of sizes/shapes.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've ordered a countertop model with 5 blades. Can't wait til it gets here!