ALCOHOL?

Options

Replies

• jazzyspender
    jazzyspender Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't drink very often, so it's not too hard for me, but if I'm out and want a drink I'll do vodka and club soda or rum and diet coke...super low cal/carb. Or for a treat at home I'll buy the Skinny Girl wine, which is pretty good, too...I like the Moscato and it's only 100 cal.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    It's a lifestyle change. Not a diet. So I still drink. But not a lot and certainly not every single day !!!!
  • schepaul1991
    schepaul1991 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my wine, and when I'm watching calories and carbs, I mix my wine with sparkling water to make wine spritzers. If I'm feeling fancy, I'll add some frozen fruit and have that for my desert. I tend to choose sweeter whites because I love something sweet after dinner, and a sweet wine spritzer 2-4 days each week gives me something to look forward to, and it's better than a chocolate brownie!
  • bapger
    bapger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LOVE beer, LOVE wine, red wine. I still include a few 3.5 oz glasses a week, but I don't indulge in the beer anymore, too many calories.
  • FelixTheRanger
    FelixTheRanger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work at a brewery so it is part of my job to drink beer. It makes this a lot harder. I adore beer! That is why I have started a little beer belly. So hard to cut back but I am doing it. Wish me luck!
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I live in ireland so yes, I drink alcohol :D

Mostly just a bottle of wine which lasts me the weekend, so not exactly swilling it. But on a good night out (next Saturday, yay!) I would drink beer and lots of it.
    But that's not a weekly affair.
  • TreesOfYavanna
    TreesOfYavanna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love white wine and I love rum, but with only 1200 calories in a day...sorry but I love food more, lol. Trying to keep my consumption low and maybe just on the weekend.
  • vnukinga
    vnukinga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I will have a glass of wine with dinner 3-4 days a week, sometimes less. I don't drink more then that because if I do my judgments in what I can eat are definitely impaired. Too much wine - oh so easy to reach for that chocolate...
    In the summer I love a tall glass of cold shandy. I do treat my alcohol beverage as the extra indulgence and if watching weight - I do adjust my daily food intake to accommodate this treat. I guess I never drank enough to notice a weight gain from the alcohol itself, in combination with unhealthy food ( or going over the portion control) definitely yes!
  • mahalialodge
    mahalialodge Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't drink very often, so it's not too hard for me, but if I'm out and want a drink I'll do vodka and club soda or rum and diet coke...super low cal/carb. Or for a treat at home I'll buy the Skinny Girl wine, which is pretty good, too...I like the Moscato and it's only 100 cal.

Totally agree with this! Vodka sodas or Moscato all the way. One draw back of the latter though is more sugar of course. If I'm at an event where it's likely I'll have 2-3 as opposed to just 1 drink, I usually opt for a vodka lime soda. As has already been said, vodka soda is a great lower calories/carb option, plus the addition of lime makes it taste a little more interesting.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    MzKrystle wrote: »
    I love wine. Normal for me is (was) 3-4 glasses of wine a night! However I have cut way back. I no longer drink during the week unless it's a special occasion (not too many of those) and now only drink on Saturdays....2 glasses max. So down to two glasses of wine a week. I feel so much better. My body can't handle alcohol like it used too. I sleep so much better and I don't feel sluggish and hungover the next day. I have two small children so I need to be at my best for them. As far as weight I haven't noticed any difference. But I feel better...that's most important.

I also have found this. My husband and I are big wine drinkers and I was drinking 2 glasses every night. I actually don't find drinking wine makes that much of a difference for my weight loss but this week I decided to cut back to only on weekends and I feel much better and slept better.

Also, drinking 10+ drinks a week is pretty terrible for your health, particularly for women.
  • wickle1
    wickle1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just returned to MFP since end November when my son died..I hadn't drunk very often at all before, I stopped the diet have started drinking 4 or 5 nights a week - 2-5 cans lager.I got scarily thin - way past target and couldn't eat. Eating now and checked yesterday had gone over but not too much. Need to re-lose about 8lbs. Scared of the nights is the problem. Would rather skip the food. But do have counselling appt. in April. I find it stops me stressing about being awake at night I think if I make sure what I eat is nutritional I should be ok.
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's a lifestyle change. Not a diet. So I still drink. But not a lot and certainly not every single day !!!!

Yep. I LOVE good beer so I work it in to my plan and don't overindulge. Same as anything else!
  • CatLou76
    CatLou76 Posts: 26 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    For a while I cut out wine completely, but I found that I ate more crap when I was off the juice. So now I just have a glass when the urge strikes. Like 2-3 glasses a week.
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Most of friends are quite heavy drinkers and I was in the past, so I find it difficult to limit drinks when with them. I have been doing the vodka lime soda thing which has been pretty easy, but was recently in vegas where they were a little too generous with the spirits and I wasn't expecting it!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't drink lots, but I will have a glass or 2 of wine or prosecco, or a couple of bottles of cider. I try and incorporate it into my calories, but I usually have to try and cut back a few days during the week.
  • StarBrightStarBright
    StarBrightStarBright Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    we enjoy our drinks in my house :) I never cut it completely but when I'm being more careful with my calorie intake I tend to pour myself 2 oz. with dinner and just barely sip it through the meal. I like wine with dinner a few nights a week.

DH and I also like a cocktail on weekends so I just have him fix me a half portion. We tend to drink sipping drinks (Manhattans or old fashioneds) so this might be why I still feel satisfied on only a couple of ounces.

• pacingoamy
    pacingoamy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I live in a huge craft beer community so that is my vice. I know I don't want to do without it totally, but I can say that I now allot for it. Yes, it's empty calories but I would rather drink a beer a few times a week then feel like I was giving something up...because it's just not practical for me.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm a rum and tequila drinker. Not wine.
  • pacingoamy
    pacingoamy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm a rum and tequila drinker. Not wine.

Oh yeah - my choice when I want less calories than a craft beer but still wanna chill.